Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 03:36 PM

9,697 posts, read 10,048,563 times

Advertisements

The will of God through Jesus is the Word of God ..... See Jews can say no to Jesus as this is their freedom from to choose Jesus or not , God is not forcing anyone , and there would be no love ......... Jesus said in John 14:6....``I am the way and the truth and the life.. No one comes to the Father except through me . ``........... Jesus said from Matthew 8:11-12....... ``I say to you that many will come from the east and the west , and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven , but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness ......``....................See the will of God is the Word of God so either they sit with Jesus or be lost
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 04:34 PM

10,121 posts, read 6,475,894 times
The posters here MIGHT want to ask this question on the Judaism forum, particularly in the "Ask a Jew" thread - at least if you can do it respectfully and hopefully without prejudice (i.e., pre-judging the responses.) There are many there that are well-versed in Torah that can provide a much more scholarly answer than I ever could. There have, however, been assertions made in THIS thread, such as that Jews have "hardened their hearts toward Jesus"; Jesus' name is taken in vain in movies because Jews "run Hollywood" (Wow - bigoted much???); and the video post by Snowball that states that Jews will accept the anti-Christ as the Messiah. Those assertions are simply and patently untrue.

Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophesies, so we do not accept him as the Messiah. Besides, Jews have a personal relationship with G-d, so there is no need for an intermediary between us and G-d. For a really good view on the positive accepts of Judaism, go to The Jewish Website - aish.com under the "Israel" tab to read "5 Greatest Gifts of Being a Jew". It explains and celebrates a great deal about the tenets of Judaism. Jews don't need the NT; it is irrelevant to us. We are the people of the choosing (rather than the "chosen people"), because the Jews, out of all the peoples of the earth, chose to submit orselves to G-d's laws and commandments and cleave to the one G-d. Sorry folks, but YOUR club's rules will never exclude us from G-d's favor and love.

Oh, btw, I converted to Judaism from Christianity. Don't waste your time telling me I'm going to burn in a lake of fire, etc. That's your doctrine, not mine. And my relationship with G-d is just fine as it is.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM

4,686 posts, read 6,156,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungalove View Post
The posters here MIGHT want to ask this question on the Judaism forum, particularly in the "Ask a Jew" thread - at least if you can do it respectfully and hopefully without prejudice (i.e., pre-judging the responses.) There are many there that are well-versed in Torah that can provide a much more scholarly answer than I ever could. There have, however, been assertions made in THIS thread, such as that Jews have "hardened their hearts toward Jesus"; Jesus' name is taken in vain in movies because Jews "run Hollywood" (Wow - bigoted much???); and the video post by Snowball that states that Jews will accept the anti-Christ as the Messiah. Those assertions are simply and patently untrue.

Jesus did not fulfill the Messianic prophesies, so we do not accept him as the Messiah. Besides, Jews have a personal relationship with G-d, so there is no need for an intermediary between us and G-d. For a really good view on the positive accepts of Judaism, go to The Jewish Website - aish.com under the "Israel" tab to read "5 Greatest Gifts of Being a Jew". It explains and celebrates a great deal about the tenets of Judaism. Jews don't need the NT; it is irrelevant to us. We are the people of the choosing (rather than the "chosen people"), because the Jews, out of all the peoples of the earth, chose to submit orselves to G-d's laws and commandments and cleave to the one G-d. Sorry folks, but YOUR club's rules will never exclude us from G-d's favor and love.

Oh, btw, I converted to Judaism from Christianity. Don't waste your time telling me I'm going to burn in a lake of fire, etc. That's your doctrine, not mine. And my relationship with G-d is just fine as it is.

What happens when you break Yahwehs commandments?

Sooo, since there is no temple and the animal sacrificial system was abolished, this is confirmed in Hebrews, and you don't need Jesus, you now have no way to repent to cover your sins. Your screwed.

Lets say the animal sacrifices were still valid, Where exactly do you set up animal sacrifices to cover your sins, since you dont need an intermediary and there is no levitical priesthood either to perform these for you. Just asking some questions from Torah.

Old 11-12-2015, 04:50 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The will of God through Jesus is the Word of God ..... See Jews can say no to Jesus as this is their freedom from to choose Jesus or not , God is not forcing anyone , and there would be no love ......... Jesus said in John 14:6....``I am the way and the truth and the life.. No one comes to the Father except through me . ``........... Jesus said from Matthew 8:11-12....... ``I say to you that many will come from the east and the west , and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven , but the sons of the kingdom will be cast out into outer darkness ......``....................See the will of God is the Word of God so either they sit with Jesus or be lost
In the beginning was the WORD (JESUS)

And the WORD is LOVE

Old 11-12-2015, 05:24 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
Funny, I guess I don't think of 'Jews rejecting Jesus'...just 'people's
intellects rejecting him'...whoever they are.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:32 PM

2,936 posts, read 2,340,930 times
This is so disgustingly arrogant and rude.

If a Muslim ever told Christians they screwed up and are following the wrong Messiah and should be following Muhammed, Christians would flip the **** out.

It's okay for Christians to tell Jews and Muslims they're wrong but if anyone dares challenging Christianity they're declaring war on Christians!!!

It's never Muslims or Jews who knock on my door or hand me tracts telling me I'm going to hell and my soul needs to be saved.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:52 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post

If a Muslim ever told Christians they screwed up and are following the wrong Messiah and should be following Muhammed, Christians would flip the **** out.

It's okay for Christians to tell Jews and Muslims they're wrong but if anyone dares challenging Christianity they're declaring war on Christians!!!

It's never Muslims or Jews who knock on my door or hand me tracts telling me I'm going to hell and my soul needs to be saved.
It is never okay. It is arrogant. It was not an attempt to explore and gain knowledge. It was telling another faith they were lost causes. Along with a faint concern trollishness.
Let us not forget the Hollywood stereotyping.

It shows the heart of a Fundamental Christian Extremist Ideology.

Old 11-12-2015, 05:52 PM

63,947 posts, read 40,236,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
It is not so much arrogance or rudeness as a difference in expectation and focus. The verses the Jews focus on conform to their expectations about a Messiah. The verses the Christians focus on conform to their expectations about a Messiah. Of course, both groups think they are right. The Christians have an extant Messiah to point to. The Jews are left with their unfulfilled expectations. Who is right??? Sadly, the Christians have produced "precepts and doctrines of men" that seriously exceed the message and Gospel of Christ so they too have unfulfilled expectations. Seems like a draw to me. I chose Christ because the descriptions of Him and His agape love match the consciousness I encounter in deep meditation. That adds considerable confidence and certainty to my beliefs.

Old 11-12-2015, 06:03 PM

1,791 posts, read 1,871,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I think we should ask a Jew.
I hear there's a thread for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Is there any real hope of witnessing or reaching any Jews that have hardened their hearts towards the Messiah and think Christians have it wrong for over 2000 yrs?
I had written a post to respond to this, but it would be bad form for me, a Jew, to argue against Christian belief in the Christianity forum. God knows I hate it when the reverse happens in the Judaism forum.

So, instead, I'd like to pose a couple of questions: Why do so many Christians feel compelled to convert Jews to Christianity? Why can't you be happy in following your religion and letting us follow ours in peace?

Old 11-12-2015, 06:22 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,627,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I hear there's a thread for that.

I love that thread. I learn so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity