Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:28 AM

689 posts, read 494,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I am trying to establish a conversation with Epliny. Kindly do not interrupt. Thank you.
What is your problem, this is an internet forum DUH!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2015, 07:31 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecheese View Post
Where did I say that that the deity doesn't exist? I said there is no evidence that it exists!

My role in life is just me being me, which is all I want to be. I try to be a good mother, grandmother, and do my best to care for my disabled husband, without murdering him! I have one life here and it suits me, but an afterlife might not. The idea of some paradise sounds ghastly and would get boring in the extreme, imo.
In other words it does not exist because I have not seen it.

You have on other threads, with comments like "if it does exist it needs exterminating"...... I believe that deity concept is alive and well in you and that is where you struggle is. How could paradise be ghastly unless it's one the deity concept as projected upon you?. What if paradise was something beyond your wildest dreams and never got old because you were always living in the present moment. It seems to me you left one form of fundamentalist and entered another.......Narrow minded to anything that does fit with the beliefs you have surrounded yourself with, and you'll never see the evidence of God if it slapped you in the face while you remain so. The only way you will ever see God is by first believing that God exists.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:36 AM

33,240 posts, read 26,455,707 times
Quote:
What is your problem, this is an internet forum DUH!
I specifically directed a question to the OP. I'm not going to be sidetracked by your rants.

Old 11-27-2015, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
In other words it does not exist because I have not seen it.

You have on other threads, with comments like "if it does exist it needs exterminating"...... I believe that deity concept is alive and well in you and that is where you struggle is. How could paradise be ghastly unless it's one the deity concept as projected upon you?. What if paradise was something beyond your wildest dreams and never got old because you were always living in the present moment. It seems to me you left one form of fundamentalist and entered another.......Narrow minded to anything that does fit with the beliefs you have surrounded yourself with, and you'll never see the evidence of God if it slapped you in the face while you remain so. The only way you will ever see God is by first believing that God exists.

I didn't say an afterlife doesn't exist, it is just possible one could exist in some dimension somewhere, but as there is no proof one does exist, it is more than likely one doesn't, imo.

The idea of heaven/the deity in the Bible is a human invention. Paradise, however perfect, would get very boring if it went on for too long, imo, it certainly wouldn't float my boat in the way that ceasing to be when I die would. If I am happy with the way things are at present that is my prerogative, just as your version of faith is yours.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:26 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
I didn't say an afterlife doesn't exist, it is just possible one could exist in some dimension somewhere, but as there is no proof one does exist, it is more than likely one doesn't, imo.

The idea of heaven/the deity in the Bible is a human invention. Paradise, however perfect, would get very boring if it went on for too long, imo, it certainly wouldn't float my boat in the way that ceasing to be when I die would. If I am happy with the way things are at present that is my prerogative, just as your version of faith is yours.
I don't get the life being boring if it went on too long from you, especially when you said this

Quote:
! I would like to prolong my existence for as long as it is worth living, should it become untenable then one can choose to end it.
So as long as your existence does not become untenable life really is worth living then?. I suppose if you have nothing to live for then life would be boring.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:28 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Hope is important.

I wish the OP peace of mind.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I don't get the life being boring if it went on too long from you, especially when you said this

So as long as your existence does not become untenable life really is worth living then?. I suppose if you have nothing to live for then life would be boring.
I said a paradise or perfect life would get very boring after a while, imo.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:32 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post

.. I will awaken to glory and to the family, long pined for!

I will be reunited with my mother and brother or ..
That is what I believe. I believe we are reunited with those we have loved and who have loved us. Love is the greatest force in the universe and love never dies.

Take care, epliny, in whatever the coming days bring.

Old 11-27-2015, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
That is what I believe. I believe we are reunited with those we have loved and who have loved us. Love is the greatest force in the universe and love never dies.

Take care, epliny, in whatever the coming days bring.

I suppose it depends what you mean by love? What if those you care about are not the same in an afterlife?

Old 11-27-2015, 08:45 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,388,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
I will start this post off with saying that I have been
undergoing chemotherapy for the last six months.

How can anyone not want to believe?
Hi epliny!

What an exciting time for you...you are on the cutting edge here!
Right where the tires hit the pavement.

Me? I wouldn't bother my pretty little head on anything any one else believes or not.
But, that's me.... and that's why those, here, are on my Ignore List.

I'm thinking you have read a lot of NDEs on NDERF Home Page ?
Let me see if I can find one for you...
Haha, there will be those that will spout..."That's not any proof!!!" Watch...
but I have them on ignore, who even cares what they think?
Professional doubters get boring.

I was fully awake when my heart stopped beating and my last breath passed my lips.
In the Spring of 2003...

... and then it was suddenly cradled in my higher soul and I was catapulted, for that is the only word for it, catapulted, wide awake, out of my body...

...While my lower soul, this lifetime's personality, went mute in the face of the vast Unknown,
my higher soul catapulted into It with one last sigh of joy and gratitude: What a glorious Creation!
...It appeared to me as a sphere of light, but light that is aware.
Light that is awareness.
Not something so much seen --
since we have no physical eyes without a body -- as sensed. Something like the warmth of sunlight even
when your eyes are squeezed shut.
But with the additional sense of someone present, close by, their attention resting on the edges of your awareness gently.
An aware light that is both the substance and the medium of communion within its own spherical spaciousness.
An aware light that creates and sustains the possibility of shared awareness on a universal basis.

Haha, a little teaser...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity