Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2015, 03:22 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Couldn't I ask the same question of you?
lol...I reprimand the fundamentalists with regularity.

You failed to answer the question. Answering a question with a question is not an answer. It's an avoidance technique. Have you become a disciple of the aptly-named Slick?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2015, 03:25 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
lol...I reprimand the fundamentalists with regularity.

You failed to answer the question. Answering a question with a question is not an answer. It's an avoidance technique. Have you become a disciple of the aptly-named Slick?
I meant, when is the last time you chastised Trout for attacking a poster, as opposed to a post?

Old 12-10-2015, 03:32 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
No. You have left the reservation, Warden. Anything that is contrary to holy scripture is not of God. Know it, learn it, live it.
I left the reservation when I found freedom in Christ, and God in just about everything.

I have dozens, excuse me HUNDREDS of Scripture verses that you do not live by, do not propose anyone lives by, yet still proclaim as "god-breathed." If god breathed those verses, he is a devil.

I see the inconsistencies in Scripture, I see the evolving ideas in it that were completely different from one verse to another, and I understand that understanding scripture is unlikely read solely in the English language without Greek and Hebrew language training. So I'm very reluctant to swallow it without IN DEPTH study from scholars.

You are a fish on a hook, swallowing the worm, and unable to wriggle free. That's not faith. It's entrapment.

Read what I posted on "The Gospel Is Foolishness" thread. You are no different in your approach than those dopeheads who walk off the end of the dock with a single verse of scripture. Anything less than complete and total immersion in scholarly scripture study results in great evil being fostered on the world.

Your views are helping that along.

I didn't leave any Godly reservation. You have yet to arrive.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I meant, when is the last time you chastised Trout for attacking a poster, as opposed to a post?
I'm supposed to chastise Trout? Uh, oh.....I'm usually laughing at his commentary. I can't do both so you'll have to take care of the chastising..... since I doubt his wry humor cracks you up.

Be sure and get all huffy when you tell him off. IIRC "Get All Huffy When You Chastise the Pagans" is chapter 289 of the Fundamentalist Handbook.

Old 12-10-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I left the reservation when I found freedom in Christ, and God in just about everything.

I have dozens, excuse me HUNDREDS of Scripture verses that you do not live by, do not propose anyone lives by, yet still proclaim as "god-breathed." If god breathed those verses, he is a devil.

I see the inconsistencies in Scripture, I see the evolving ideas in it that were completely different from one verse to another, and I understand that understanding scripture is unlikely read solely in the English language without Greek and Hebrew language training. So I'm very reluctant to swallow it without IN DEPTH study from scholars.

You are a fish on a hook, swallowing the worm, and unable to wriggle free. That's not faith. It's entrapment.

Read what I posted on "The Gospel Is Foolishness" thread. You are no different in your approach than those dopeheads who walk off the end of the dock with a single verse of scripture. Anything less than complete and total immersion in scholarly scripture study results in great evil being fostered on the world.

Your views are helping that along.

I didn't leave any Godly reservation. You have yet to arrive.
OK, we're done.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:01 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Jesus did. John 3:16

Old 12-10-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I'm supposed to chastise Trout? Uh, oh.....I'm usually laughing at his commentary. I can't do both so you'll have to take care of the chastising..... since I doubt his wry humor cracks you up.

Be sure and get all huffy when you tell him off. IIRC "Get All Huffy When You Chastise the Pagans" is chapter 289 of the Fundamentalist Handbook.
But I'm supposed to chastise fundamentalists?

Old 12-10-2015, 04:08 PM

Quote:
But I'm supposed to chastise fundamentalists?
Is there some reason you wouldn't? You know...like a Fundie Code that y'all pinkie-sweared on?

"If a fellow fundamentalist makes a snide remark I hereby pinky swear I will ignore it. No matter how rude he is. Because Jesus is OK with snide, rude remarks if they are made by a fundamentalist and directed at a hell-bound heathen."

Old 12-10-2015, 04:14 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Ok I get that and aren't there rules about criticizing others for their faith and making fun of them?
This is Trout's fun time(what few he has), bashing others faith while eating popcorn and watching a Blue jay's game, we just patronize him(pat him on the head) and go on with our posting.Outside of this , he is an all right fella.

Old 12-10-2015, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Is there some reason you wouldn't? You know...like a Fundie Code that y'all pinkie-sweared on?

"If a fellow fundamentalist makes a snide remark I hereby pinky swear I will ignore it. No matter how rude he is. Because Jesus is OK with snide, rude remarks if they are made by a fundamentalist and directed at a hell-bound heathen."
But you are not required to do the same?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity