Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 02:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
I agree-99% of all religion is false( Babylon the great) the one single religion Jesus began is a worldwide brotherhood, unified in love, peace and thought( 1Cor 1:10) no division--no part of this world.
Does not your religion advocate separation, which creates division among people?
If so, then you fall into the ninety-nine percent category that lacks brotherly love.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2015, 05:53 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
If only Christian fundamentalists could realize this: that the gospels were products of political events and beliefs of the times and as dogmas changed the gospels changed with them.

In other words: Jesus didn't write the gospels. THE GOSPELS WROTE JESUS!
I LOVE that part in bold.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:54 PM

802 posts, read 453,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HushWhisper View Post
God said what goes into a mans heart comes out his mouth. Easy to see which K/king we follow.
RESPONSE:

Yes. Thank you. I base my statements on the facts described by the plain meaning of words (including the plain meaning of numbers of things), as in the singular "it" and the plural "them". In this way I find I can avoid error and self-deception.

Perhaps some others' belief systems will not allow them to use that precision.

As Wikipedia summarizes:

Rationalism holds that truth should be determined by reason and factual analysis, rather than faith, dogma, tradition or religious teaching.

Fideism
holds that faith is necessary, and that beliefs may be held without any evidence or reason and even in conflict with evidence and reason.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:06 PM

1,788 posts, read 1,172,249 times
God is not the Author of confusion and the Holy Spirit of a "born again" person does the interpreting-so says God.
Your problem is you like to take what God says plainly and twist it into a reflection of what is being said and that's wrong. You can't interpret what you can't understand to begin with according to God. ~your empty and are filled with reflections of truth. You have to understand reflections are not real <period.

Old 12-24-2015, 06:23 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Does not your religion advocate separation, which creates division among people?
If so, then you fall into the ninety-nine percent category that lacks brotherly love.
Yes, Jer the JW's advocate separation, as do most of the "exclusivist" belief systems. Apparently, they don't really know what brotherhood and agape love means. ::Sigh:: It will take more time for them to realize the error of their ways.

Old 12-24-2015, 07:25 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,428 times
Just to be clear...The Promise of His Coming dwells in me...you know..."Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6 KJV

However, I've noticed one thing about every one posting on this thread, as well as most of the other Christian threads...the posts' are presented from the view that we're living on an oblate spheroid.
Tell me...how do you suppose that every eye will behold the Son of man at the same time if we're living on a ball rotating on it's axis @ roughly a 1000 mph hurtling through space around Sol @ roughly 67,000 mph.

Since I can only take God at His Word, and I am one who does...then the only way every eye can see the Son of man fulfilling The Promise of His coming at the same time is if we're living on a vast, round, flat plane. Earth, according to God's word is not a "planet" or "wandering star."

Old 12-24-2015, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlewitness View Post
Just to be clear...The Promise of His Coming dwells in me...you know..."Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" Philippians 1:6 KJV

However, I've noticed one thing about every one posting on this thread, as well as most of the other Christian threads...the posts' are presented from the view that we're living on an oblate spheroid.
Tell me...how do you suppose that every eye will behold the Son of man at the same time if we're living on a ball rotating on it's axis @ roughly a 1000 mph hurtling through space around Sol @ roughly 67,000 mph.

Since I can only take God at His Word, and I am one who does...then the only way every eye can see the Son of man fulfilling The Promise of His coming at the same time is if we're living on a vast, round, flat plane. Earth, according to God's word is not a "planet" or "wandering star."
Perhaps, the eye relates to something beyond mere perception?

Old 12-24-2015, 08:06 PM

1,220 posts, read 987,428 times
Quote:
What are you saying?

Old 12-24-2015, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Quote:
What are you saying?
Our perceptions have limitations, when we move beyond them; things become clearer.

Old 12-24-2015, 08:36 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:

When Paul saw Jesus he said he didn't know if he was literally there are not. Jesus divided Paul in soul and spirit and he had just stepped into Paul, there was no place to hide.

There is only one spirit and it's coming shows how it happens in the harvest. Passover is when your waters will be divided to expose the hidden chambers of your heart. The fruit harvest happens at the gleaning of the grapes and you have a vat in you that when the Lord comes, he will step inside you and crush the grapes.

People will cry out because nothing will be able to hide them from the face of the king, and everyone who has every lived will stand upon the earth in a single moment in a single spirit. You will either be clothed so that nobody else sees your nakedness or you will be hidden because you have made your garment.

Not only will there be no place to hide from God, there will be no place to hide from anyone if you are naked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity