Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2015, 05:38 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times

Advertisements

I am just amazed at God's wisdom!
Recently I have been thinking about this.

This passage is very interesting:

Joseph is a type of Christ. His brothers meant it for evil to sell him off to Egypt to get rid of him once and for all. Yet their evil act was the very thing which brought salvation from starvation for them:

Gen_50:20 And you, you devised against me evil, yet the Elohim devises it for me for good, that it may work out as at this day, to preserve alive many people.

Joseph was raised to Pharaoh's right hand and was called "the saviour of the world."

Fast forward to Christ's day:

Act 2:22-24 Men! Israelites! Hear these words: Jesus, the Nazarene, a Man demonstrated to be from God
for you by powerful deeds and miracles and signs, which God does through Him in the midst of you,
according as you yourselves are aware -" (23) This One, given up in the specific counsel and
foreknowledge of God, you, gibbeting by the hand of the lawless, assassinate,
(24) Whom God raises,
loosing the pangs of death, forasmuch as it was not possible for Him to be held by it."

What I find interesting is the Jews thought they could get rid of Christ for good and yet Christ was raised to God's right hand and is called "the Saviour of the world" as well.

And just like Joseph's brothers were saved by the very wrong act they did, so will Israel be saved by the very wrong act they did.

Rom_11:26 And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the
Rescuer. He will be turning away irreverence from Jacob."

Rom_11:33 O, the depth of the riches and the wisdom and the knowledge of God!
How inscrutable are His judgments, and untraceable His ways!"

Can you think of other things related to Joseph and Christ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2015, 09:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

No.
Why not write of more?
But, how about expanding...from just God's wisdom shown in how
He placed Jesus and Joseph?

More about God's Wisdom, please.

Old 12-19-2015, 09:58 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post

Joseph is a type of Christ. His brothers meant it for evil to sell him off to Egypt to get rid of him once and for all. Yet their evil act was the very thing which brought salvation from starvation for them:

Gen_50:20 And you, you devised against me evil, yet the Elohim devises it for me for good, that it may work out as at this day, to preserve alive many people.

Joseph was raised to Pharaoh's right hand and was called "the saviour of the world."

Act 2:22-24 Men! Israelites! Hear these words: Jesus, the Nazarene, a Man demonstrated to be from God
for you by powerful deeds and miracles and signs, which God does through Him in the midst of you,
according as you yourselves are aware -" (23) This One, given up in the specific counsel and
foreknowledge of God, you, gibbeting by the hand of the lawless, assassinate, (24) Whom God raises,
loosing the pangs of death, forasmuch as it was not possible for Him to be held by it."

What I find interesting is the Jews thought they could get rid of Christ for good and yet Christ was raised to God's right hand and is called "the Saviour of the world" as well.

And just like Joseph's brothers were saved by the very wrong act they did, so will Israel be saved by the very wrong act they did.

Rom_11:26 And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the

My favorite story, I have never gotten through the story of Joseph without breaking down. Thrown into a pit wherein was no water, a picture of hell. Rejected by his brethren, sold into gentiles and notice how Joseph has two gentile sons. The biggest thing I take away from the story is the demand to produce Benjamin. The two kingdoms of Ephraim and Judah become one man, but between the two kingdoms is the bosom of the Lord, '' Benjamin.'' Jerusalem is in Benjamin for good reason, and he is the only tribe in both kingdoms. Jonathon is a picture of Benjamin from the tribe of Benjamin, and he was the beloved of David who rests on David's bosom, then we see John with the same name resting in Jesus bosom, most beloved.

That same story will no doubt repeat itself when the brothers are brought up to the expected,'' Face to Face.'' where God has assured them that he will meet them alone. Those same brothers who rejected him are forgiven and made leaders because it was all preset and meant to be in order to save everyone.

Bring me Benjamin, my true brother, the only brother of my mother, says,'' Joseph.''

I think the point is that Jesus took two men who represented a gentile and a Jew and he made them one from two kingdoms, and Benjamin is what I am trying to produce. a New name.

Old 12-19-2015, 10:28 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
A brother from another, Mother.
Yet, the two shall become One.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:31 AM

The way I see it is that I am the son of Joseph,'' Ephraim,'' By flesh and there are 12 ribs given to it, but I am also of the son of David as he is the hidden man within, and he has 12 ribs. Jesus made one man out of two men, one man out of two kingdoms and there is Benjamin in the middle. I don't want to be of Ephraim or Judah, I strive to become Benjamin as far as names go.

Jerusalem.

Just my opinion.

Jesus also fulfilled the prophesies of the son of Joseph when he was called out of Egypt, and this is why Mary's husband had to be named Joseph. Son of Joseph came as that suffering Messiah but the son of David will come and rule. I live this life because I am in the flesh, and this is of the son of Joseph, but the next life will be of David. Jesus didn't do away with Ephraim and Judah, he made them one, co heirs. We are slaves and we are also freemen, female by flesh and a male is the spirit inside the flesh. A spirit in a house.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
My favorite story, I have never gotten through the story of Joseph without breaking down. Thrown into a pit wherein was no water, a picture of hell. Rejected by his brethren, sold into gentiles and notice how Joseph has two gentile sons. The biggest thing I take away from the story is the demand to produce Benjamin. The two kingdoms of Ephraim and Judah become one man, but between the two kingdoms is the bosom of the Lord, '' Benjamin.'' Jerusalem is in Benjamin for good reason, and he is the only tribe in both kingdoms. Jonathon is a picture of Benjamin from the tribe of Benjamin, and he was the beloved of David who rests on David's bosom, then we see John with the same name resting in Jesus bosom, most beloved.

That same story will no doubt repeat itself when the brothers are brought up to the expected,'' Face to Face.'' where God has assured them that he will meet them alone. Those same brothers who rejected him are forgiven and made leaders because it was all preset and meant to be in order to save everyone.

Bring me Benjamin, my true brother, the only brother of my mother, says,'' Joseph.''

I think the point is that Jesus took two men who represented a gentile and a Jew and he made them one from two kingdoms, and Benjamin is what I am trying to produce. a New name.
Very very nice Hannibal! Thank you so much for that!

Joseph was sold to the Midianites for 20 pieces of silver. Then he was taken down to Egypt and the Midianites sold him to Potiphar. I wouldn't doubt they sold him to Potiphar for 30 pieces of silver making it the same amount Christ was sold for. Of course this is mere conjecture on my part and I could be wrong. But the important thing to take away is that he was sold and so was Christ.
Joseph prophesied the future and his brothers hated him.
Christ prophesied the future and his Israelite brothers hated him.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Very very nice Hannibal! Thank you so much for that!

Joseph was sold to the Midianites for 20 pieces of silver. Then he was taken down to Egypt and the Midianites sold him to Potiphar. I wouldn't doubt they sold him to Potiphar for 30 pieces of silver making it the same amount Christ was sold for. Of course this is mere conjecture on my part and I could be wrong. But the important thing to take away is that he was sold and so was Christ.
Joseph prophesied the future and his brothers hated him.
Christ prophesied the future and his Israelite brothers hated him.

He was sold, but he became a co ruler of the whole world just as he has went into all the nations and become a co ruler in you and me,'' Egypt/flesh''

God bless Egypt my people, God bless Assyria the work of my hands, and God bless Israel, mine inheritance.

These 3 become one in the land and a blessing in the earth, but I don't see 3 people, I see what I am.

Old 12-19-2015, 11:51 AM

There is nothing greater than to have seen Judah get a chance to redeem himself to Joseph. Judah must have been a man living in the guilt and remorse of what he had done to Joseph. Years and years after Judah had sold Joseph, here was Judah with a second chance and he did so well. Judah was willing to sacrifice so much for Joseph's brother. Judah willing to sacrifice all he was because he thought he had to protect Benjamin from Joseph. I can just imagine how heart wrenching it was for Joseph to see Judah redeeming himself.

Not many people get such a great second chance in life where they could sincerely sacrifice their own life for a person they had wronged in the past.

Old 12-19-2015, 12:32 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:

Ata boy!...Way to go!...Just take that sledge hammer and pound that square peg into that round hole!...

Heck, Moses was a type of Christ then...And so were many others...

Quote:

What verse calls Joseph the "Savior of the WORLD"?...

Quote:
foreknowledge of God, you, gibbeting by the hand of the lawless, assassinate,
(24) Whom God raises,
The Jews were Lawless???...Really???...

Quote:
Maybe he might be the savior of the world if everybody would follow his example...

Quote:
That is stretching it...

Quote:

Pat, present and future Israel???...All of them???...That seems to say something for reincarnation then...

Old 12-19-2015, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Ata boy!...Way to go!...Just take that sledge hammer and pound that square peg into that round hole!...

Heck, Moses was a type of Christ then...And so were many others...
That is true. Even Moses said that God would raise up a prophet like unto me.

Quote:
What verse calls Joseph the "Savior of the WORLD"?...
Elliot's Commentary:
(45) Zaphnath-paaneah.—This word also is Egyptian, and, fortunately, there is no Hebrew word of similar sound to suggest a false meaning. Canon Cook shows that it means “food of life,” or “food of the living.” The LXX. have Psonthom-phanek, which Jerome, on the authority of the Jews in Egypt, translates “saviour of the world.” By “the world,” would be meant the living, as in Canon Cook’s explanation, which, in the sense of “he who feeds the world,” or “the living,” is the best exposition yet given. There is no authority for the supposition that the name means “revealer of secrets.”

Barnes' Notes on the Bible:
45. פענח <צפנת tsāpenat-pa‛nēach, Tsaphenath-pa‘neach, in the Septuagint ψονθομ-φανήχ Psonthom-Fanēch. “Revelator occulti,” Kimchi. This is founded on an attempted Hebrew derivation. Σωτήρ κόσμου Sōtēr kosmou in Oxford MS., “servator mundi,” Jerome. These point to a Coptic origin. Recent Egyptologists give P-sont-em-ph-anh, “the-salvation-of-the-life or world.” This is a high-flowing title, in keeping with Eastern phraseology. אסנת 'âsnath, Asenath, perhaps belonging to Neith, or worshipper of Neith,

Quote:
Maybe he might be the savior of the world if everybody would follow his example...
Please see Romans 5:18,19; 1 Timothy 2:4-6. The saving of the world is not based upon what humans do but based upon what Christ has already done.

Quote:
Pat, present and future Israel???...All of them???...That seems to say something for reincarnation then...
Some of them will be resurrected from the dead and some will be alive when Christ returns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity