Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 12:45 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,250,221 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Oh man. I remember when I was a teen and a Christian said that to me... That God actually did that to fool/test people. How the heck do you ever trust a god like that?
When is he just joking and when is he for real? LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Since when did Kent Hovind speak for all Christians?
So you are saying that Kent is addressing contradictions?

Old 01-02-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm still waiting for you to point out where Hovind said there were contradictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Huh? He says IF I WERE GOD, I WOULD PUT THINGS IN THERE THAT APPEAR TO BE CONTRADICTIONS...

YOU are watching and LISTENING to the same video, right? Do not watch his Abraham had a pet T-Rex video when answering the contradiction video.
Not watching the VIDEO nor are you reading the posts...

Old 01-02-2016, 12:54 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,210,926 times
Quote:
Not watching the VIDEO nor are you reading the posts...
So you can't show me? Because he said the word "apparent"...meaning "not actual".

Still waiting for an actual statement of him ACTUALLY saying that God put ACTUAL contradictions in the Bible.

Old 01-02-2016, 01:16 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
So you can't show me? Because he said the word "apparent"...meaning "not actual".

Still waiting for an actual statement of him ACTUALLY saying that God put ACTUAL contradictions in the Bible.
Of course God didn't! That's just silly.

It was the men whom Constantine decided were channeling God who put them in.

Old 01-02-2016, 02:29 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Glossing over it? The ENTIRE BIBLE is OPINION...you seem to think it is LAW and infallible, when in truth it is all conjecture, opinion and PERSONAL interpretation...
That is not a true statement. Maybe you never read the entire Bible? The Bible is not opinion but is a collection of historic events which were written down and genealogies and prophecies, poetic literature etc.

Notice Genesis doesn't start with, "In my opinion, God created the heavens and earth."

Old 01-02-2016, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
That is not a true statement. Maybe you never read the entire Bible? The Bible is not opinion but is a collection of historic events which were written down and genealogies and prophecies, poetic literature etc.

Notice Genesis doesn't start with, "In my opinion, God created the heavens and earth."
This is YOUR opinion. Other believe the Book of Mormon is a true historical account of genealogies and prophecies. Other believe the New World Testament is the TRUE document..

Pick your doctrine, as it is all personal preference and opinion.

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 01-02-2016 at 02:41 PM..

Old 01-02-2016, 02:38 PM

Quote:

Some will ONLY hear what they want to hear and ignore the reality of the situation.

Some will hear Jesus is god, others will hear Jesus is god's prophet. The truth is it is ALL opinion, and Kent was answering a question about the CONTRADICTION between two verses describing the same event--WHICH he never have an answer to--because it requires a total and complete re-interpretation of some writing that is so old there is no original copy to verify what was written n the first place.

Instead of saying some scribe screwed up, the evangelical fundie looks for some mystical way to explain away the ERROR because they CAN NEVER accept the fact that MORTALS wrote the book and MORTALS screwed up in numerous places and we will NEVER really know what god-in-he-tiny-box is allegedly said and the best source of information lies within us and not in some man-written book that can and never will be proven true.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:18 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
I'm still waiting for you to point out where Hovind said there were contradictions.
Apparent or real, thereis no difference to those wh cannot explain them and resort to faith in God as their answer, as Hovind does. If you think there are no contradictions, you must have explanations for the APPARENT ones. You are in this trap because you buy the nonsense that human beings are capable of recording inerrant and infallible truth and not messing with it. There is absolutely no basis in fact for any such supposition!!! It is preposterous! Yet you lead others to believe and accept it. You carry a heavy burden, Vizio.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It's like the joke God pulled by putting fossils in rocks and things so that people who fell for it would go to Hell. Good joke, huh?
Perfect example of the kinds of irrational nonsense Bible believers will resort to in defense of their God -- the 100% inerrant Bible -- instead of the God Jesus unambiguously revealed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Oh man. I remember when I was a teen and a Christian said that to me... That God actually did that to fool/test people. How the heck do you ever trust a god like that?
You can't unless you blindly accept the kind of nonsense Hovind and Vizio promote about the Bible.

Old 01-02-2016, 05:20 PM

63,888 posts, read 40,164,479 times
Quote:
Some will ONLY hear what they want to hear and ignore the reality of the situation.
Some will hear Jesus is god, others will hear Jesus is god's prophet. The truth is it is ALL opinion, and Kent was answering a question about the CONTRADICTION between two verses describing the same event--WHICH he never have an answer to--because it requires a total and complete re-interpretation of some writing that is so old there is no original copy to verify what was written n the first place.
Instead of saying some scribe screwed up, the evangelical fundie looks for some mystical way to explain away the ERROR because they CAN NEVER accept the fact that MORTALS wrote the book and MORTALS screwed up in numerous places and we will NEVER really know what god-in-he-tiny-box is allegedly said and the best source of information lies within us and not in some man-written book that can and never will be proven true.
Amen!! It is not just scribes screwing up. They outright lied in support of the current dogma and preferred beliefs of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity