Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 12:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times

Advertisements

I believe it is where we are reunited with the people and animals and things we loved while on Earth.

I've no problem with the idea of people sitting on clouds playing the harp. I'd LOVE to hear Harpo Marx play in Heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2016, 12:40 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,444,192 times
So many of my peeks into the Afterlife come from the James E. Padget
messages from the Other Side.
And the, of course, Anthony Borgia's, "Life in the Unseen World"! 5 stars.
Both online.

Then, you have the glimpses of the NDErs...but those were only glimpses.

Oh, how could I forget ( available online and Netflix), ' Astral City: A Spiritual Journey'
By Chico Xavier...a medium extraordinaire!

[hulu=http://www.flickr.com/photos/364775]taAjhH6K9NeJlzOjGb2-2A[/hulu]

Old 01-04-2016, 01:03 PM

18,515 posts, read 9,198,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I've no problem with the idea of people sitting on clouds playing the harp. I'd LOVE to hear Harpo Marx play in Heaven.
Those big cumulus clouds can be quite turbulent, though. Hope they have Dramamine and Xanax in heaven.

Old 01-04-2016, 01:20 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,031,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I'll reply, Trout:

Heaven to me is me living in a little cottage on a beautiful lake (or ocean, I'm not fussy) with the girl of my dreams making love to her for eternity and---most important---it ALWAYS feeling like the first time!

But, as doubts about an afterlife are slowly starting to creep in, I despair of ever having it.
Do you mean to feel like an 'experienced first timer'?

Old 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times
There are 3 sections of Heaven and this is why there are 3 sections of the Temple to mirror what heaven is, and so it's not all about guessing. The higher Zoe kingdom and called,'' The Kingdom of heaven.'' is just one part of the kingdom that everyone will try and enter but extremely few will be able. To reach this level means that you have raised a full grown son and you give birth to a son of God when you die. This son is given all the promises that Jesus received from his father, as Jesus says to the overcomer,'' HE WILL RULE THE NATIONS WITH AN IRON FIST.''

This promise is unique in that there can only be one ruler. Jesus died and then he came to dwell inside people as a co ruler within them.

He became a new Adam, and this shows what the old Adam is, and that there is still an individual spirit within us, and it is not us. As a new Adam, Jesus became a spirit, and this is the promise to the overcomer who is able to enter into the bridal chamber to consummate a marriage and then to give birth to a son.

This is the Holy of Holies.

Then there is the Holy place people who are also blessed but they do not obtain the rule.

Then there is the court of Gentiles called, '' Outer darkness.'' This is where the majority go and wait there time. They do not receive the reward of being resurrected in the first resurrection, and they have to wait on a decision and who knows how long. My opinion is that they are reborn to try it again.

Heaven is a place of transition and learning, learning never stops, I think the only point is to build love, to build spirit. That we are given a seed, and we grow that seed and there is only one spirit.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM

I think we all lived before this Earth was created, and maybe we had to be shown a world like this in order to learn what true evil was, and what it was to have learned it. Maybe it will be that everyone is welcomed right back into the kingdom and they suddenly realize what had happened and why we had to be shown what it was to know good and evil as to become better son. Personally, I think it's all fake, and the thing that has made the most sense to me is that we are just Holograms. I don't think there is choice in this life, I think we all had to be what we are, and our lives have been set down in stone unchangeable. Scientists are building a trillion dollar machine just to try and prove whether we are real, or holograms.

I am going with a hologram.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I believe it is where we are reunited with the people and animals and things we loved while on Earth.

LOL, wonder where that even comes from, I mean the sitting on clouds, maybe it comes from Jesus coming in the clouds, but clouds are people.

Workers are needed because of the billion other Earths out there.

I see the Earth as a incubator and testing ground to raise sons of God to go down to other earths and do what Jesus did here.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,244,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, wonder where that even comes from,.......
My first guess for the harp playing on clouds would be illustrators/painters during the Victorian era.

Old 01-04-2016, 04:56 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,276,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Inspired by the "Earthly...heaven" thread, I would love to hear what Christians in particular - but anyone in general* - think heaven/afterlife will be like if you believe in same.

My sense is that Christians tend to think of it as a place that fulfills their fondest wishes and keeps them close to their God.

Am I close?

And in the interests of full disclosure - I mostly identify as an Animist. I have no real conception of what kind of afterlife there may be. But I sense - and strongly hope - there is one.

*It would be helpful if one identified as a believer - and in what - or non.
HEAVEN? hmmmmm...I sincerely believe that heaven is just a place where JUSTICE, MERCY and LOVE are all we are allowed to practice.

Old 01-04-2016, 08:25 PM

20,100 posts, read 13,555,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
I would also love to eat all of my favorite meals without worrying about getting fat or having health issues.
An elderly couple arrived in heaven. They had both died in a car crash.

St Peter led them to their personal mansion and said, "everything you could want is here." The man noticed that there was a table full of all his favorite foods. "I can't eat these," he said. "Why not?" asked Peter. "Because it's fattening. It will clog my arteries."

"No, you don't understand, my son," said Peter. This is heaven. You can eat your fill of anything your heart desires, and it won't harm you in any way or cause you to gain weight."

Suddenly the man pitched a complete fit and started yelling incoherently and throwing things. His wife went to calm him down. "Edgar, whatever IS the matter?"

The man turned to his wife and said, "If it wasn't for your damned bran muffins we could have been here 10 years ago!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity