Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 12:40 AM

1,714 posts, read 1,153,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm mildly surprised no Christian has started a thread about this movie yet, set to open today. Do any of you plan to see it? Or are you taking a wait n' see approach, depending on reviews?

I just read an interview with Joseph Fiennes, who plays the Roman officer Pilate sends to investigate Jesus' mysterious disappearance from the tomb and it sounds somewhat intriguing, even to this non-Christian.
Hollywood's recent productions (Moses, Noah) have not been accurate representations. Likely will wait till it comes out on video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 12:55 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,827,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Aint never heard of it, but I aint one to go to the movies either.

Let ya know when I see it on youtube.

Does anybody good play in it?
Risen (2016) - IMDb

Old 02-22-2016, 01:00 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Thanks to those who chimed in. I got the sense when I read the interview with Fiennes that the film would meet with general approval from Christians.

Old 02-22-2016, 04:24 PM

23,240 posts, read 10,522,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

Thanks, I doubt I will ever see that movie.

Be one of those movies I get excited to see and then you find out it's anti-Semitic like the Passion. I can't hardly ever watch anything biblical cause I will sit there and judge it, lol.

Old 02-22-2016, 05:04 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,356,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I'm mildly surprised no Christian has started a thread about this movie yet, set to open today. Do any of you plan to see it? Or are you taking a wait n' see approach, depending on reviews?

I just read an interview with Joseph Fiennes, who plays the Roman officer Pilate sends to investigate Jesus' mysterious disappearance from the tomb and it sounds somewhat intriguing, even to this non-Christian.
This movie is being touted as the closest account to actual events ever made. And yet the story of a Roman officer being sent to investigate the disappearance of the body of Jesus is pure fiction through and through. Pilate didn't need to investigate the the whereabouts of the body of Jesus. He knew perfectly well that he had turned the body over to the followers of Jesus on Friday.

Old 02-22-2016, 07:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,741,762 times
Went to see it. It was OK. Of course the whole story was made-up, even thought it revolved around the Biblical resurrection.

I was distracted by Jesus being Pablo Escobar from movie "The Blow".

Old 02-22-2016, 10:38 PM

63,951 posts, read 40,245,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Thanks, I doubt I will ever see that movie.
Be one of those movies I get excited to see and then you find out it's anti-Semitic like the Passion. I can't hardly ever watch anything biblical cause I will sit there and judge it, lol.
Understandable. Demanding the crucifixion of Jesus was NOT the Jews finest hour.

Old 02-23-2016, 08:52 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
Christian Movie

Christian Movie ‘Risen’ Comes in Third at Box Office

Old 02-24-2016, 01:49 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,546,131 times
'Risen' is proof that great Christian films are still being made today - By Carl Kozlowski

Old 03-04-2016, 05:41 PM

12,411 posts, read 8,202,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
This movie is being touted as the closest account to actual events ever made. And yet the story of a Roman officer being sent to investigate the disappearance of the body of Jesus is pure fiction through and through. Pilate didn't need to investigate the the whereabouts of the body of Jesus. He knew perfectly well that he had turned the body over to the followers of Jesus on Friday.
It didn't matter what he "knew" he still had the political problem of satisfying the Sanhedrin so that the coming arrival of the Emperor would run smothly
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity