Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2016, 03:01 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So many people have tried to explain it to you, but you are not getting it. He was given as ransom for all, but if a person rejects it, then he/she chooses to remain in bondage.
Stockholm syndrome?

Old 05-07-2016, 03:26 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,928,456 times
Quote:
Thanks for sharing your views. Oh, wait, you didn't share anything except a long post about another poster. What a hypocrite.

Well then why don't you try to answer the question, Finn------if you dare.

God swears in His word that He will accomplish ALL that He desires and, even by snowball's admission, God desires all men to be saved. SO

* If God desires ALL men to be saved and
* He swears in Isaiah that He will accomplish ALL that He desires

Then how does God NOT get ALL that He desires??

Go ahead, Finn, give us an answer---------or cut and run as snowball did, which I fully expect you to do.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 05-07-2016 at 03:36 PM..

Old 05-07-2016, 03:50 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well then why don't you try to answer the question, Finn------if you dare.

God swears in His word that He will accomplish ALL that He desires and, even by snowball's admission, God desires all men to be saved. SO

* If God desires ALL men to be saved and
* He swears in Isaiah that He will accomplish ALL that He desires

Then how does God NOT get ALL that He desires??

Go ahead, Finn, give us an answer---------or cut and run as snowball did, which I fully expect you to do.
Drop the childish taunts and baits.

He desires people come to Him through the means He designed, but that design does not include forcing people to worship Him against their will. Whoever believes in Him will be saved. Its too bad if it doesn't make sense to you.

Has He forced you to believe in Him? Obviously not. He desires it, but if you refuse, then so be it.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:56 PM

4,747 posts, read 2,350,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Tired of the Nonsense, if you cannot accept that our free will is independent
of the omniscience of God, then perhaps you can accept that it is at least not
contradictory. If God DOES know what our future freely-made choices will be,
that still does not remove the independence of our actions.
I do not wish to hold up human logic against the nature of the Godhead,
so will no longer participate in your semantics. Good Day.
My understanding of free will goes something like this. We enter into a maze at birth. Within the maze there are an infinite number of possible pathways. These pathways lead to an infinite number of exits. Every decision we make in choosing the exact pathway that leads to our exact exit is ours to make. But God, being omniscient, knew our precise path and our precise exit before we ever entered the maze.

This would apply to Satan as well.

Old 05-07-2016, 03:59 PM

Quote:

He desires people come to Him through the means He designed, but that design does not include forcing people to worship Him against their will. Whoever believes in Him will be saved. Its too bad if it doesn't make sense to you.

Has He forced you to believe in Him? Obviously not. He desires it, but if you refuse, then so be it.

Finn, why skip over the crux of my question? The crux of my question is that God swears He will accomplish all that He desires. So please: will God accomplish ALL He desires or won't He? Just answer that much, if you'd be so good.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Finn, why skip over the crux of my question? The crux of my question is that God swears He will accomplish all that He desires. So please: will God accomplish ALL He desires or won't He? Just answer that much, if you'd be so good.
I just did. Whether or not you didn't get it, or didn't like it is not my concern.

He will do all He intends to do, not more, and not less.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:21 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,497,210 times
Quote:

What a surprise, conveniently and suddenly we're suppose to take seriously the same people about the OT Bible, Isaiah and the trusting of God in the OT will do what he says --- that otherwise refers to \ mocks \ despises the same God of the OT, the same Bible, the same OT writers.

Old 05-07-2016, 04:33 PM

Quote:
I just did. Whether or not you didn't get it, or didn't like it is not my concern.

He will do all He intends to do, not more, and not less.

OMG! You are so flip with such an important issue. Basically you're saying God will accomplish all that He desires but that He unfortunately cannot save all men which is what He desires. How messed-up and contradictory is that???

Old 05-07-2016, 04:44 PM

Quote:
OMG! You are so flip with such an important issue. Basically you're saying God will accomplish all that He desires but that He unfortunately cannot save all men which is what He desires. How messed-up and contradictory is that???
Again, He desires you come to Him, but He does not desire to force you. It is not complicated.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Again, He desires you come to Him, but He does not desire to force you. It is not complicated.

So let's see if I've got this: He will accomplish all that He desires, but forcing someone to come to Him is not one of His desires so He doesn't have to accomplish that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity