Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-08-2016, 09:34 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,389,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Not everyone wants to live forever.

After 100 trillion years I'd probably go nuts, even if I had 72 virgins.
Is it the quantity of time, or quality of life that concerns you the most?

Old 05-08-2016, 09:49 AM

23,202 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is it the quantity of time, or quality of life that concerns you the most?
What I never get is how I would be able to remember my sins in this life and ever expect peace. I can't see peace at all if I am to remember what I am, if I will be able to remember my sins, it wouldn't seem like a freedom.

The quality of life gets worse and worse as I get older with each added regret. But then I am such a loathsome fellow who always seems to hate himself. My sins are always in front of my face so strongly that I have to make my mind busy all the time so that I will not think of the things I have done.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What I never get is how I would be able to remember my sins in this life and ever expect peace. I can't see peace at all if I am to remember what I am, if I will be able to remember my sins, it wouldn't seem like a freedom.

The quality of life gets worse and worse as I get older with each added regret. But then I am such a loathsome fellow who always seems to hate himself. My sins are always in front of my face so strongly that I have to make my mind busy all the time so that I will not think of the things I have done.
There are two thieves, the mistakes of yesterday; and the fears of tomorrow.

Old 05-08-2016, 10:14 AM

23,202 posts, read 10,485,389 times
Quote:
LOL, That is about right but that thief of yesteryear makes the other look like a blessing.

Old 05-08-2016, 06:28 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,980,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Expect 'freedom' according to Isaiah 65:16 because our former troubles will be forgotten.
Please notice the return on earth of the Genesis ' tree of life ' according to Revelation 22:2
There will be healing for earth's nations under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over earth.
We will all be free to act responsibly toward God because the former will Not be recalled - Isaiah 65:17 B
You might want to keep in mind the words of 1st John 1:7 because Jesus' death covers our sins if we repent.
We all have the same opportunity to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
That is why Jesus' ransom covers MANY and as Matthew 20:28 says does Not say all.
We now all get to choose if we want to be a humble sheep or a haughty goat - Matthew 25:31-33,37

Old 05-08-2016, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Expect 'freedom' according to Isaiah 65:16 because our former troubles will be forgotten.
Please notice the return on earth of the Genesis ' tree of life ' according to Revelation 22:2
There will be healing for earth's nations under Christ's millennium-long day of governing over earth.
We will all be free to act responsibly toward God because the former will Not be recalled - Isaiah 65:17 B
You might want to keep in mind the words of 1st John 1:7 because Jesus' death covers our sins if we repent.
We all have the same opportunity to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9
That is why Jesus' ransom covers MANY and as Matthew 20:28 says does Not say all.
We now all get to choose if we want to be a humble sheep or a haughty goat - Matthew 25:31-33,37
...that which is lost, can be found.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:04 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
People turn down things they need all the time. Think about drug addicts for example. They need help, and they know help is available, but they choose to stay on drugs, and many die that way. Many parents pay for treatment for their addicted children, but they refuse it. It is the same with Christ ransom.

"Take my hand, and you shall live".

Too often the answer is "NO".
People who are addiected are not in their right mind. Oftentimes a family has to take action to get the kid into treatment. So if you have a 7 year old son and he was shooting up heroin and he refused to get treatment, you'd just let him have his way? Really?

You still don't understand ransom. Here, I will spell it out for you:

ONCE A RANSOM IS PAID, THE PERSON RANSOMED MUST BE FREED.

Now then, print out that one sentence above in all caps, and tape it to the middle of your computer screen so you don't forget it.

Old 05-09-2016, 02:07 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,986,613 times
What I'd like to know from the ones here who believe in false idea of "eternal torment" how you think you can get away with disobeying God when He tells you to charge and teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind in 1 Timothy 4:10,11.

How can you or your minister, in good faith, be teaching that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, just believers"? Have you no respect for your Lord or God?

Old 05-09-2016, 02:53 PM

45,641 posts, read 27,250,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
What I'd like to know from the ones here who believe in false idea of "eternal torment" how you think you can get away with disobeying God when He tells you to charge and teach that God is the Saviour of all mankind in 1 Timothy 4:10,11.

How can you or your minister, in good faith, be teaching that "God is NOT the Saviour of all mankind, just believers"? Have you no respect for your Lord or God?

Being the Savior of all mankind, is DIFFERENT from all being saved.

The acts that He did are applicable to all mankind. He did them once, and He is done. But those actions, in themselves, did not change a single person's eternal status - until that person is born again through faith.

If I buy dinner for my family, and my youngest son turns up his nose and says he doesn't want to eat it... does that change the fact that I bought dinner for the whole family? No. If my entire family chose not to eat it - my claim is still the same.

1 John 5 says we have to have the Son to have the life. We do not have the Son solely because Christ died and was resurrected. We have the Son when we have the Holy Spirit. And we get the Holy Spirit when we are born again through faith.

Old 05-09-2016, 05:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,213,993 times
Quote:
One of your best, Jerwade.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity