Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2008, 04:36 PM

2,214 posts, read 5,579,201 times

Advertisements

I believe we are in the last days and have been for almost a century.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2008, 07:20 PM

322 posts, read 737,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZEL View Post
I am wondering if anyone feels the way that I do....

More and more Bible predictions or warnings are happening more frequently- one right after the other. Things are getting worse and there doesn't seem to be any solution to the problems and conflicts that we are facing. From what I read in the Bible,..... logically....., there will not be any resolution.

Do you notice this as well???? What are your thoughts.????
Well Razzel, I know for a fact we live in the last days. Our LORD commanded that first the gospel would be preached in every nation and then the end would come. The gospel has been preached in every nation, so it should be very simple that we should soon expect the end of the world.
I believe the Revelation contains teaching about 2000 years of the Church in the world. This 2000 years is near it's end. CHRIST will appear after the 2000 years are over.

Then the world will end. Of course the saints will go to the new Earth and the New Jerusalem, the heavenly city which Abraham was looking for (looking forward to) and John saw in the Heavenly vision of the Revelation.

Best wishes to all the saints. Oh what a day that will be, When our LORD JESUS we shall see!

Old 06-20-2008, 10:27 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle1210 View Post
I agree, we are in the last days, but how long will these last days last? 10 years 50 100?

The Bible states that when the Jews return Israel that that generation will not pass away. Thus, there will be people still born in 1948 (when the Jews returned to Israel) when Christ returns.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Here we go again! That verse has nothing to do with end times prophecy. It is part of the law of Moses that required the death penalty for homosexuality. Fundamentalist Christians refer to homosexuality as the ultimate sin in nearly every end-times discussion when in fact the Bible says nothing concerning it being a sign of the end times.

The Bible states that in the Last Days it will be like the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
Yup we are in the last days.

Jesus is coming back today at precisely 12:00pm CST.

He also came yesterday at that time and the day before and the day before that ad infinitum back to His resurrection. Since His resurrection His coming is perpetually present, remember when He came for you? That was His second coming.

Folk fear their worldly circumstances more than give reverence to (fear) God.

Perfect Love casts out all fear. Ironic how the will of the flesh (self preservation) is still the mindset of the majority in the church?

Life's a journey, enjoy the ride NOT life's a b * t c h and then you die.

Blessings

When my father was 23 years old he started her seeing things that were not there and hearing things no one else could see. Strange things would happen. To most people, they would think it is just a mental disorder, yet that was not the case.

He would hear voices that would say things like "we are going to kill you."

He would see something like 1000 eyes stair at him or the time when he was paralyzed and could not move in bed. Then it was like something lit a match on his chest. Or the time when he was in the basement and a shadow person came flying at him. Now you could think he was drugs, but my dad never did a drug in his life.

These encounters lasted for about 6 months and were pretty frequent.
The ONLY thing that would help was prayer, Bible reading, and Christian music. However, my dad was not able to stop these encouters by himself.

He believed they were demons and knew he had to do something fast as the encounters were getting more intense. The people came over and performed an "exorcism" to expel the demons. One man could actually here what the demons were saying to my dad. Another lady that was there could see them. The said she say something like an angel come and take TWO demons with a net down in a hole in the ground.

After that day of the exorcism my dad NEVER had another encounter.

Now you can go through like thinking we are born, we live and then die. But these evil forces that seem to ONLY hate Jesus and the Bible tell us that there is more to life. That there is an invisible battle over souls.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lior Arel View Post
The apocolypse prophesy actually described Pagan Rome at the time for Christians. It amazes me that people apply it to the present and/or future.

When was there a 200 million man army during the time of Rome?

I won't hold my breathe for and answer.

Old 06-20-2008, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxGreyFalconxx View Post
I have a question. IF ,and I mean a huge IF, the temple was rebuilt who would serve there?

thats why there are no high priest now no one knows if they are a direct descendant of Arron and that is the ONLY people that can serve as a high priest. besides the fact they no longer have the ark which was housed in the temple.

Besides the fact that I find it odd how many of you want to tie Christianity and Judaism. We worship the same God but thats as far as the similarity ends.

I will probably upset some with this next statement but I have never been accused of being subtle. A practicing Jew cannot inherit the Kingdom. Its an impossibility according to what the Scriptures teach us.

So why connect us ?
Like someone said earlier, The Jews are God's timeclock.

Just because the Jewish people have turned their back on God, it does not disqualify what was promised to them 1000s of years ago. God keeps his promises.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:03 PM

336 posts, read 844,668 times
Sorry to interject, but the Jews have not turned their back on G-d.
They believe in G-d.It is the Christian interpretation that Jesus is G-d that divides the Christian and Jew.
Jesus said that know one could get to the Father except through Him.If His words are truth,then no one, includes anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah!

Old 06-20-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANA MANIA View Post
Sorry to interject, but the Jews have not turned their back on G-d.
They believe in G-d.It is the Christian interpretation that Jesus is G-d that divides the Christian and Jew.
Jesus said that know one could get to the Father except through Him.If His words are truth,then no one, includes anyone who does not believe that Jesus is the Messiah!
He came unto His own, but His own received Him not.

Sounds like Jesus to me.

The Jew's rejecting Jesus as the Messiah just are fulfilling prophecy of the the OT.

Old 06-21-2008, 08:40 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,254,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouperStar34 View Post
The Bible states that in the Last Days it will be like the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Which I now agree with. When I posted that I was attending a pro-gay liberal church. The verse the OP used though wasn't the correct one. I hope Christ comes within the next 3-5 years, to spare us from whats coming. Things are starting to unfold that will make the prophecy very easily fulfilled. Look at the natural disasters this year compared to any year before. I haven't seen anything like this. Research the "Peak Oil" theory, which will likely kill off 2/3 of the world population if proven true.

I lean pre-tribulation rapture but I am not set in stone in that view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity