Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Jesus the only path to God?
No! 24 30.77%
Yes, but... 7 8.97%
Yes, period! 47 60.26%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2016, 10:39 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Reference is not to the beginnings of God but referencing the mission of Jesus as from the beginning.

The Father God created gods in the flesh, Jesus re-created the souls of all the flesh.

In order for Him to do that, He must be from the beginning.

Blessings, AJ
Do what?...where in the world to you make this up from?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 12:27 AM

1,248 posts, read 1,259,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Do what?...where in the world to you make this up from?...
Adam and Eve were created in the flesh at the expense of individuality. Freedom to choose.

Man has become as one of us, it says as if we were like gods.

Because of that independence, the soul was lost. Kicked out of the garden of Eden.

That is the beginnings of creation by the Father.

In order for Jesus to recoup all that was lost at His time appointed, He had to include every soul from the beginning of the Father creation.

What Jesus did, as God, re-created the lost spirit of mankind to a new spirit from God as a gift.

Mankind redeemed by God in Jesus.

That is it.

What we do with it? Well, that is up to us.

Blessings, AJ

Old 05-05-2016, 01:12 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

1 John 5:20
We know also that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding, so that we may know him
who is true. And we are in him who is true by being in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and
eternal life.

The Lord God Almighty says
Revelation 1:8
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God,
“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

and Jesus says of himself
Revelation 21:6
He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega,"
Revelation 22:12-13
“Look, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to each person according to what they have done.
I am the Alpha and the Omega "

Jesus is God Almighty !!

Maybe in error filled trinity translations--Jesus himself teaches--John 17:1-6,26--- The one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. What don't Trinitarians understand about this truth from Jesus? verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah, 26= YHWH(Jehovah)--believe Jesus or believe error.
Paul teaches as well--There is one God to all-the Father.1Cor 8:6

Old 05-05-2016, 01:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
drivel, all of it, both sides.

Old 05-05-2016, 02:18 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
John 21:
17 Jesus saith to her, `Be not touching me, for I have not yet ascended unto my Father; and be going on to my brethren, and say to them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father, and to my God, and to your God.'

How do you get around this?...Ignore it?...

So as a reply to my verse in which Jesus Christ unequivocally makes Himself equal to the Father, you give me another verse? That actually proves the strength of the verse since it's hard to twist it around to suit your theology in making Christ less than God, so you just move on to your own verse. Reminds me of the Jehovas Witnesses by the way, they give you 1 verse, you reply with 12 other verses that say something different, and they just keep coming back to their 1 verse and pretend as if you never said anything..
Yes Christ is distinct from the Father, what is your point? Also His humility in His humanity (yes Christ is fully man and fully God) and absolute obedience to the Father does not make Him any less God. So, I replied to your verse, I hope you will reply to mine aswell. How is saying "Look at me", in a monotheistic religion, when someone asks you to show the Father, not blasphemy? If you are not equal to the Father how can you make such an outrageous claim?? Either Christ was a blasphemer as the Jews accused Him of, or He was God the Son.

John 14:8-9 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Old 05-05-2016, 02:53 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
I don't see the passages which describe Jesus as being "equal to" His Father and the passages which describe the Father as being "greater than" the Son to be contradictory in the slightest. I believe that the Father and the Son are equal in terms of all of the qualities which make them divine. In other words, the Father is no more divine than the Son. They are equal in their knowledge and power. I see the Father being greater than the Son with respect to their position in the Godhead. In other words, the Son answers to the Father and does what the Father instructs Him to, not the other way around.

Old 05-05-2016, 05:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,514,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
Maybe in error filled trinity translations--Jesus himself teaches--John 17:1-6,26--- The one who sent him=Father( John 5:30) is THE ONLY TRUE GOD. What don't Trinitarians understand about this truth from Jesus? verse 6 = YHWH(Jehovah, 26= YHWH(Jehovah)--believe Jesus or believe error.
Paul teaches as well--There is one God to all-the Father.1Cor 8:6
The truth is that your so-called translation is the error filled.
However, have you clued in the non-trinity groupies that the KJV is a so-called "Trinity translation"?
1 John 5:20 King James Version (KJV)
20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we
may know him that is true,
and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ.
This is the true God, and eternal life.
The Lord God Almighty says
Revelation 1:8 King James Version (KJV)
“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”

and Jesus says of himself
Revelation 21:6 King James Version (KJV)
6 And he said unto me, It is done.
I am Alpha and Omega,
the beginning and the end.
I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain
of the water of life freely.

Revelation 22:13 King James Version (KJV)
I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

Oh, also tell the non-trinity groupies that not only does the KJV is a so-called "Trinity" translation, but God also revealed that salvation is free.
Revelation 21:6 King James Version (KJV) "I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely."
  • not earned
  • not conditional on efforts
  • not on sincerity
  • not on worthiness

Old 05-05-2016, 07:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,090,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
So as a reply to my verse in which Jesus Christ unequivocally makes Himself equal to the Father, you give me another verse? That actually proves the strength of the verse since it's hard to twist it around to suit your theology in making Christ less than God, so you just move on to your own verse. Reminds me of the Jehovas Witnesses by the way, they give you 1 verse, you reply with 12 other verses that say something different, and they just keep coming back to their 1 verse and pretend as if you never said anything..
Yes Christ is distinct from the Father, what is your point? Also His humility in His humanity (yes Christ is fully man and fully God) and absolute obedience to the Father does not make Him any less God. So, I replied to your verse, I hope you will reply to mine aswell. How is saying "Look at me", in a monotheistic religion, when someone asks you to show the Father, not blasphemy? If you are not equal to the Father how can you make such an outrageous claim?? Either Christ was a blasphemer as the Jews accused Him of, or He was God the Son.

John 14:8-9 Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
Typical evangelical elusiveness ...He still didn't say that he was G-d...How can G-d have a god and a father?...Explain that one....

Old 05-05-2016, 08:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is Jesus the only path to God?

Maturity is the path to God, but many have not grown-up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Have you grown up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You'll get there someday, maturity is just a small part to salvation.
Don't loose hope, you never know what tomorrow will bring your way?
Life does not come with a user's manual; you must experience it.

Old 05-05-2016, 08:56 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,825,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Don't loose hope, you never know what tomorrow will bring your way?
Life does not come with a user's manual; you must experience it.
You didn't answer the question. You accused others of being immature. What about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity