Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 05:52 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,281,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Very creative.
Well, he's not going to claim he wrote a book that was so awful the only people who read it were blood relatives. It's a rule of the internet: best selling authors...self made millionaires...at Woodstock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 02:04 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How fabulous for you. A Satanist in your living room AND a best seller. The title of which I'll guess has to remain super-secret lest one of your fellow posters reads it, discovers your true identity and reveals the location of your Bat Cave.

ROFLOL......the best seller I was referring to is the Bible, the most published book of all time.

And we didn't write a book, because 1) He didn't tell us to, and 2) we were fully aware that most would label it as fiction no matter how many witnesses were present, because that's the nature of the beast.
Peace

Old 05-15-2016, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

And we didn't write a book, because 1) He didn't tell us to, and 2) we were fully aware that most would label it as fiction no matter how many witnesses were present, because that's the nature of the beast.
Peace
Well....writing a book is hard work and if you don't want to deal with the scrutiny imposed by editors, publishers, book sellers and the people plunking down their hard-earned money....telling highly unusual tales on the internet is definitely easier.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-15-2016 at 03:09 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Well....writing a book is hard work and if you don't want to deal with the scrutiny imposed by editors, publishers, book sellers and the people plunking down their hard-earned money....telling highly unusual tales on the internet is definitely easier.

Again, number 1 is my reason for doing or not doing ANYTHING. Had nothing to do with scrutiny, I live my life as an open book.

My daughter told someone a couple of years ago, that I've lived my life so clean I should pee windex. This is what walking with G-d for decades produces and to Him be all the glory, because for sure it wasn't always the case, and like everyone else I still have my own things to overcome. But it blessed me she noticed. Peace

Old 05-15-2016, 03:45 PM

Quote:

My daughter told someone a couple of years ago, that I've lived my life so clean I should pee windex.
If she's proud of you.....good for you and her. Truly.

Then there are the people who live messy, flawed, disruptive lives. Many of them believing God is with them. Harriett Tubman broke the law. So did Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks. The Vietnam war and racial segregation ended because people were willing to face arrest and imprisonment by doing something outside the law and the status quo. Nelson Mandella spent 27 years in prison. Gandhi...well he upset pretty much everyone.

Peeing Windex has limited appeal to those of us who appreciate the flawed, messy, disruptive people who stick their necks out so the world will be a better place.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 05-15-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Old 05-15-2016, 07:13 PM

Thank you. I have only memories of her now, she died 4/11/16, with "help".

Yeah, I know about disruptive people. They're called anarchists and I was one shortly before I came to the Lord, in the early 80's. At age 23 I decided to take on a billion dollar company where I worked putting myself through college, whose owner owned more stock in Ford Motors than anyone outside of the Ford family, because they were injuring people and making them handicapped for life, then throwing them out the door with the aiding and abetting of the crooked union. Most of them were women; the owner didn't want women working in the shops and had previously been fined by the Dept. of Justice for refusing to hire them. They also lied about their work injuries because they didn't want to pay higher workman's comp rates.

I collected information and proof for 1.5 years, then took it to the Dept. of Justice, office of contract compliance (no longer exists, Reagan got rid of them) whose job it was to support the American Civil liberties and protect disabled American workers. They could and did send US Marshalls in to padlock the doors if civil rights were violated, if the company was a federal contractor or sub-contractor, which most companies of any size are. I also went to the capital of my State to a news station and an 8 month undercover investigation was done and it resulted in a series aired on TV for a week.

From all this, I got nothing but death threats for making the union look bad (as if they needed help) and of course I was fired from my job, BUT my State was the 4th from the bottom in unemployment benefits and that was changed, and the Senator who was supposed to be working for worker's rights after embarrassing himself in an interview by complaining about the high cost of workman's comp insurance for the "poor" factories, sold his 4 foundries (conflict of interest) and announced he would now do his job.

The TV station said it was the most highly rated series they had ever done and had gotten calls from workers all over the State about how they had gone through the same things and many were crying. I know first hand how crooked things are, and how it's only gotten worse since. Most people don't realize we really have no civil liberties anymore because the few agencies that are left have little resources to fight, and sadly most are jaded from fighting a system of corruption that goes all the way to the top. My two cents.....Peace

Old 05-15-2016, 08:42 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,282,646 times
Very, very, VERY creative indeed!

Old 05-15-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I have only memories of her now, she died 4/11/16, with "help".
Hannibal had posted you were going through a difficult time and I prayed for you.

My deepest, most sincere condolences on the loss of your daughter.

Old 05-16-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Hannibal had posted you were going through a difficult time and I prayed for you.

My deepest, most sincere condolences on the loss of your daughter.

Thank you very much. There are no words to describe the pain. Blessings and peace to you.

Old 05-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Very, very, VERY creative indeed!

And here I thought you just have a hatred for all things Christian, but you just have a bad attitude all the way around, don't you? What has befallen you in your life to make you so bitter? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity