Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2016, 03:34 PM

88,734 posts, read 85,100,154 times

Advertisements

I used to get gold stars on my chart in Sunday School for memorizing verses, too. But if I have not love...you know the rest.

You can quote scripture till the moon turns red over One Tree Hill, but we can't have a dialogue unless you understand that not every Christian holds the writings included in the Bible to be the inerrant voice of God, and that many Christians believe gay people to be just born that way and not some aberration in need of repentance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2016, 05:12 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I HAVE A CAPS LOCK TOO YOU KNOW, I RESPONDED TO MAGICQUEEN'S "PRETEND" WITH MY "REPENT".. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SINCERITY OF ANYONE. AND I BELIEVE IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY CHRISTIAN TO CALL OTHERS TO REPENT AND TURN TO CHRIST FOR SALVATION.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
Keep driving the Gospel message home! The day of Judgement is just ahead, so try to pluck the brand from the fire while there's yet time.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:17 PM

88,734 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
I HAVE A CAPS LOCK TOO YOU KNOW, I RESPONDED TO MAGICQUEEN'S "PRETEND" WITH MY "REPENT".. IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SINCERITY OF ANYONE. AND I BELIEVE IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF EVERY CHRISTIAN TO CALL OTHERS TO REPENT AND TURN TO CHRIST FOR SALVATION.

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.
I'm Mighty but not Magic .

I remember that hymn from my childhood. Loved Johnny Cash, too. Nice rendition.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 05-21-2016 at 05:39 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 07:54 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,093,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Keep driving the Gospel message home! The day of Judgement is just ahead, so try to pluck the brand from the fire while there's yet time.
I bet there were folks 2000 years ago who said, "the day of judgement is just ahead." also...

Old 05-21-2016, 08:01 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,245,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I bet there were folks 2000 years ago who said, "the day of judgement is just ahead." also...
According to the bible, I think the Jesus written about in there predicted the end times while some of his audience at the time still lived.

Fail.

Epic, even.

Old 05-21-2016, 08:05 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,358,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
What amazes me is they call it good news . How lovely on the mountains are the feet of him who brings good news, who proclaims peace and announces news of happiness.
The evangelical way is to condemn you that you are undeserving, and in accepting that you are condemned of God to eternal hell because of sin( or as they call it convicted of your sin by the Holy Spirit) you become born again( codswallop) and saved from it. Jesus never taught such crap.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:12 PM

6,804 posts, read 2,932,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I don't see myself as any better than a gay person.
Quite clearly, you do. But it's expected of you to say that you don't. The very fact that you're here apparently warning gay people away from the horrible wrath of God unless they become like you in your belief implies that you believe you're at least better informed than they are.

Quote:
We are all sinners in need of redemption.
And, who is responsible for having created 'sinful' human beings who were in need of 'redemption' in the first place? Human beings were designed 'less than perfect' from the start ...even lower in status than the angels, so we're told in Psalm 8:5. Is it no surprise that 'less than perfect' human beings will automatically live a less than perfect life?

Quote:
God created us all with unique identities, gifts and talents.
Are you pretty much stating here that you believe God created homosexual people, Jeff?

Quote:
The only difference is I fight against sin while homosexuals embrace it.
What do you mean 'homosexuals embrace sin'? Do you mean that their innate sexuality - that many of them have come to accept after years of vitriol and contempt from 'straight society' - is the sin? How can something that is inborn be a sin? Where do you even arrive at the belief that homosexuality is a sin? Not from scripture.

Quote:
I just want to see them get away from a lifestyle that is harmful and does not bear good fruit.
Unless they ask for it I don't really think that gay people want your concern, Jeff. That's the problem with many Christians. They assume the authority to tell others how to live. And, they claim to base this on an ancient book which, for the most part, is little more than cruel and condemning.

Quote:
My position all along is that I never had any problems with the gay community until they started messing with our religious freedoms.
Do you mean the religious freedom to vilify gay people? This IS what religious freedom HAS encouraged Christians to do for far too long.

Quote:
I think it is outrageous that college Christian groups are being forced to accept gay members ...
Just think about that for a moment, Jeff. You think it outrageous that professed Christians 'be forced' to accept fellow human beings into their fold ...? And you say above that you are no better than a gay person? It's this kind of remark, Jeff, that stirs up so much outrage toward you and yours.

Quote:
. . .and leaders or business owners are being forced to get involved with a perversion of God created institution of marriage.
'Perversion' is your word, Jeff. Nowhere in scripture is that word used or even implied for gay marriage.

And, for crying out loud, businesses should be expected to bake a damned cake for a gay wedding without their silly religious belief getting in the way!

Old 05-21-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
THIS is the voice of the Christian 'fundie', folks. The warmth and the love of Jesus Christ just jumps out at you, doesn't it?

If there were a "Brrrrrrr" smiley as in 'icy cold' I would have used that.

Old 05-21-2016, 10:47 PM

11,085 posts, read 6,026,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
THIS is the voice of the Christian 'fundie', folks. The warmth and the love of Jesus Christ just jumps out at you, doesn't it?

Funny you should mention that.

Old 05-21-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Funny you should mention that.
I like that! Where'd you get it from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity