Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 10:56 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
But, you don't want the truth,......
Yes I do...but it has to be true and truth is supported by verifiable evidence. You don't have such evidence.

Quote:
2 Thessalonians 2

[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
All you have to do now is show that the Bible is true....and you can't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 11:00 AM

Quote:
2 Thessalonians 2

[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
So there you have it folks. Ol' Yahweh deliberately lies to us and causes us to be deluded.....

Quote:
That they all might be damned.....
....and then damns us for being what he causes us to be.

Ye gods! And people that think like scgraham are allowed to vote and decide the future of us all!

Old 06-12-2016, 11:56 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
So there you have it folks. Ol' Yahweh deliberately lies to us and causes us to be deluded.....

....and then damns us for being what he causes us to be.
But, it's your own fault, so bellyache on.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
But, you don't want the truth, so why should it be revealed to you? Bellyache all you want; meanwhile, the Scriptures are fulfilled.

2 Thessalonians 2

[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
You do realize, don't you, that this can be applied to what you believe to be true?

[It] by no means, justifies your position.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
But, it's your own fault, so bellyache on.
No...it's not our own fault if what you say is true. Go read what you wrote again.

If the Hebrew war god Yahweh deceives us so that we believe a lie...how is it our fault? If Yahweh wants to deceive us, how can we not be deceived? If Yahweh wants us to believe a lie, how can we not believe a lie?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:23 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,732,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I mentioned bible codes one time and now I'm "tagged" with it? Too funny. It's just another witness I mentioned. I've said far more about the Tabernacle and the creation witnesses. And I haven't proclaimed myself anything, and the Tabernacle pattern shows clearly where ALL men stand in the pattern.

Just because I see it, that doesn't make ME exclusionary, but it does show that the pattern points it out clearly. Which is probably why we were told it was the PATTERN of heavenly/spiritual things in Heb. 9, because He wanted those that were seeking spiritual truth to search it out, because it's like a mirror. But since few want to see themselves as they really are, because it hurts their fleshly pride too much, the blinders stay on. Peace
The same god you worship is the one ISIS worships--a god of unbreakable codes.

Jesus came to set us free from that kind of extremism and murderous "devotion."

You CLAIM Christ, but your posts show lots of ability to twist Scripture to kill people spiritually by enslaving them as did the Pharisees. Don't worry, no one will ever mix you up with a follower of Jesus.

You say "Peace" when your heart says "Condemn."

Old 06-12-2016, 12:32 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
The same god you worship is the one ISIS worships--a god of unbreakable codes.

Jesus came to set us free from that kind of extremism and murderous devotion.

You say "Peace" when your heart says "Condemn."
You say "Peace, peace" when there is no peace, just like the false prophets. Warning about sin, calling to repentance and faith in Jesus Christ will not condemn a person. Their sin is what will condemn a person, not the warning. And the heart of a Christian says, I love this person so much I want to share their need of forgiveness and salvation in Jesus Christ to escape condemnation.

Saying peace, peace when there is no peace, now that will lead people into a feeling of false safety, on the road to condemnation, that will come when they least expect it.

Jeremiah 6:14 They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Religion does not offer peace, it's being content with who you are.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:03 PM

18,514 posts, read 9,196,541 times
Oddly enough, the Christian God is silent on this matter.

One would think that he would have weighed in by now.

Old 06-12-2016, 01:53 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,955,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No...it's not our own fault if what you say is true. Go read what you wrote again.

If the Hebrew war god Yahweh deceives us so that we believe a lie...how is it our fault? If Yahweh wants to deceive us, how can we not be deceived? If Yahweh wants us to believe a lie, how can we not believe a lie?
Bellyache, moan, rant, cry, kick and scream; it makes no difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity