Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 07:21 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,405,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Because HIS LOVE, COSTS YOU EVERYTHING, which is another reason how I know you don't have it, or you wouldn't at this moment in time be saying it's "easy". Peace
Huh? did not Jesus say His yoke was easy and his burden light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Nonsense. Chirst abides with us, we just have to follow His guidance to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We are just too stubborn, or selfish, or inattentive to do so.
Amen.He is the light that lighteneth everyone that comes into the world.
In other words every single person has Christ within. Some have come to acknowledge this, other have yet to even see Christ within them.

When the scriptures talk about one must except Christ as Lord of their life they are talking about us acknowledging Christ, that great light that is within us and following that light unto perfection.

Christ is not out there somewhere, Christ is within us and if we look for Him within you will find Him.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:42 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Huh? did not Jesus say His yoke was easy and his burden light.
It's proof bro that they are still suffering under the law. They have yet to come into the freedom of Christ. But everything in its order....... The tax collectors, publicans and prostitutes then the fundamentalists

Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Y'gotta wonder why so many of these guys keep changing user names and/or use sock puppets.
To promote their own agenda, personal views and opinions.

Old 08-20-2016, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It's proof bro that they are still suffering under the law. They have yet to come into the freedom of Christ. But everything in its order....... The tax collectors, publicans and prostitutes then the fundamentalists

Old 08-21-2016, 06:28 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Because HIS LOVE, COSTS YOU EVERYTHING, which is another reason how I know you don't have it, or you wouldn't at this moment in time be saying it's "easy". Peace
Ask the apostles how easy it was. All but one found a violent death at the end of their stony path. It seems the usual suspects argue for the sake of arguing. The same people who ridicule your efforts today, will accuse you of "easy believism" tomorrow.

Some people, like the apostles, go the extra mile, and some don't. Whether you do, or don't God's peace it with the believer which makes any burden light and a pleasure to carry.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Ask the apostles how easy it was. All but one found a violent death at the end of their stony path. It seems the usual suspects argue for the sake of arguing. The same people who ridicule your efforts today, will accuse you of "easy believism" tomorrow.

Some people, like the apostles, go the extra mile, and some don't. Whether you do, or don't God's peace it with the believer which makes any burden light and a pleasure to carry.
How is it difficult for you in sunny Florida?.

You have absolutely no idea how they faced persecution. If Christ and Stephen are our example from the scriptures they made it look pretty easy. They did not start crying persecution like a big girls blouse how fundamentalists do today when their beliefs are rejected with the same force they reject everyone else's beliefs.

The easy believism is right out the bible fundamentalist camp..... Believe the bible and you're golden

Old 08-21-2016, 07:42 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Before I was an atheist someone once commented I was a publican because of my interpretation Matthew 7:13 meaning "probably not me being one of the few to find the narrow gate." I am kind of upset I came in behind the tax collectors.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Before I was an atheist someone once commented I was a publican because of my interpretation Matthew 7:13 meaning "probably not me being one of the few to find the narrow gate." I am kind of upset I came in behind the tax collectors.
Don''t be, you publicans, tax collectors and prostitutes all enter at the same time. Hope that makes you feel better. If not look at it in a positive way, at least you get to play the publican for a little longer.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:52 AM

15,897 posts, read 6,366,137 times
Quote:
Don''t be, you publicans, tax collectors and prostitutes all enter at the same time. Hope that makes you feel better. If not look at it in a positive way, at least you get to play the publican for a little longer.
It really works for me! Freed is freed right?

Edit: I went and looked it up. It's seems the tax collectors and the publicans where one and the same. It makes sense that I would have been a publican /tax collector. As a kid growing up as a JW I never could satisfactorily answer the question of "Why me? Why am I special in God's eyes when most are not according to Mat 7:13." That was a pivotal scripture for me. The closest I ever came to an answer was "why not me?" Even an 8 year old can see what a BS answer that is. I looked around and saw people just like me so I assumed I must not be one of the chosen. I will continue to believe I am not any more worthy than anyone else because it's inherently a selfish act to see people around you as equal rather than dehumanize others and be angry all the time. I'm pretty selfish.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 08-21-2016 at 08:07 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity