Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2016, 04:40 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,264,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
And thanks for proving mine again.
No, thanks for proving mine..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2016, 04:45 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,057,599 times
Quote:
Following ones own path is easy. Following God's path is not.

A truer word was never spoken....Peace

Old 08-20-2016, 04:47 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,344,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
A truer word was never spoken....Peace
How is it not easy ? Are you not abiding in the love of God ?. Try it, it's much better than protecting your biases and prejudices about the bible that are a 24/7 job to do so.

Old 08-20-2016, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
How is it not easy ? Are you not abiding in the love of God ?. Try it, it's much better than protecting your biases and prejudices about the bible that are a 24/7 job to do so.

Because HIS LOVE, COSTS YOU EVERYTHING, which is another reason how I know you don't have it, or you wouldn't at this moment in time be saying it's "easy". Peace

Old 08-20-2016, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Because HIS LOVE, COSTS YOU EVERYTHING, which is another reason how I know you don't have it, or you wouldn't at this moment in time be saying it's "easy". Peace
What kind of an answer is that? How does God demonstrating his great live for us make the path not easy. If you are touched by that love it would be relatively easy. Obviously you haven't and like not being able to describe the characteristics of God, you cannot explain abiding in his love through knowing God is it at peace with the world and not mad or with it or at war with it. The war is over, Jesus won it.

His commandments are not burdensome, greater is he that is in you,his yoke is easy, there's joy and peace in believing, he that believes me out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water are verses right out of the bible you have convinced yourself you believe , but your confession says otherwise. Repent and believe the scriptures concerning Jesus Christ and the way he taught.

Old 08-20-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
What kind of an answer is that? How does God demonstrating his great live for us make the path not easy. If you are touched by that love it would be relatively easy. Obviously you haven't and like not being able to describe the characteristics of God, you cannot explain abiding in his love through knowing God is it at peace with the world not mad it.

His commandments are not burdensome, his yoke is easy, there's joy and peace in believing, he that believes me out of his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water are verses right out of the bible you have convinced yourself you believe in.

You have no idea what I'm talking about, and it has nada to do with being able to mouth 3 scriptures and claim you've got it. Repent and press in, while there is still time to do so. Peace

Old 08-20-2016, 05:15 PM

Quote:
You have no idea what I'm talking about, and it has nada to do with being able to mouth 3 scriptures and claim you've got it. Repent and press in, while there is still time to do so. Peace
Explain what you are talking about. You are saying the path of God is not easy, explain why it is not easy,how I have explained by your bible that it is easy. Are you not living by faith ?

He's given us all things that pertain to life and godliness, obviously you are struggling because you are either not aware of this or do not believe it.

Last edited by pcamps; 08-20-2016 at 05:24 PM..

Old 08-20-2016, 06:08 PM

63,935 posts, read 40,202,188 times
Quote:
Following ones own path is easy. Following God's path is not.
Nonsense. Chirst abides with us, we just have to follow His guidance to the truth God has "written in our hearts." We are just too stubborn, or selfish, or inattentive to do so.
Quote:
That's funny.... Jesus said his yoke is easy and his burden is light.
Amen! Amazing how they always seem to forget that part, pcamps.
Quote:
We don't need Jesus' for discernment when the Holy Spirit teaches us a truth from the Bible.
And that is why you fail!!
Quote:
Didn't Jesus say learn of him?. Where is Jesus Christ?
5 Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you—unless, of course, you fail the test.
Well do ya Omega ?
Of course not, that is why he fails!!!
Quote:
Why don't you describe the characteristics of the Spirit for us? Make sure you give a Bible reference, your OPINIONS have not impressed me so far.
They are NOT opinions. They are direct from Jesus. Whenever these requests are made it reveals a lack of familiarity with the Bible. There are many descriptions but start with 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount.
Quote:
The problem with your lack of understanding is you don't limit yourself to the Bible. You justs make up things from you mind but have no evidence we should believe you.
You think we make things up because you do NOT know the Spirit and its characteristics. We make nothing up, it is all from Jesus. (See Above)

Old 08-20-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Why don't you describe the characteristics of the Spirit for us? Make sure you give a Bible reference, your OPINIONS have not impressed me so far.
Wow... Calling Jesus' words opinions is not very impressive at all.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I never said i have got it, that's the great problem you fundies have, you believe you have the bible so you've got it and have been closed minded and stiff necked. I believe i have Christ who has got it and i am "learning" from Christ who has got it. I'll take it as a back handed compliment from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity