Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 02:48 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I am not condemned. YOU speak condemnation, and attempt to persuade people that you speak for God. I'll keep pointing that out.
She's several books short of a complete bible - if you catch my drift.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
I am not condemned. YOU speak condemnation, and attempt to persuade people that you speak for God. I'll keep pointing that out.

You do that, and I'll keep pointing out that all I'm sharing is the Word or principles found in it. Peace

Old 06-13-2016, 02:55 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
You do that, and I'll keep pointing out that all I'm sharing is the Word or principles found in it. Peace

According to YOU. You do not speak for God.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:08 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
According to YOU. You do not speak for God.
Really.
You really are thirsty.

1And it will be, when all these things come upon you the blessing and the curse which I have set before you that you will consider in your heart, among all the nations where the Lord your God has banished you, אוְהָיָה כִי יָבֹאוּ עָלֶיךָ כָּל הַדְּבָרִים הָאֵלֶּה הַבְּרָכָה וְהַקְּלָלָה אֲשֶׁר נָתַתִּי לְפָנֶיךָ וַהֲשֵׁבֹתָ אֶל לְבָבֶךָ בְּכָל הַגּוֹיִם אֲשֶׁר הִדִּיחֲךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ שָׁמָּה:
2and you will return to the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul, and you will listen to His voice according to all that I am commanding you this day you and your children, בוְשַׁבְתָּ עַד יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ וְשָׁמַעְתָּ בְקֹלוֹ כְּכֹל אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם אַתָּה וּבָנֶיךָ בְּכָל לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל נַפְשֶׁךָ:
3then, the Lord, your God, will bring back your exiles, and He will have mercy upon you. He will once again gather you from all the nations, where the Lord, your God, had dispersed you. גוְשָׁב יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת שְׁבוּתְךָ וְרִחֲמֶךָ וְשָׁב וְקִבֶּצְךָ מִכָּל הָעַמִּים אֲשֶׁר הֱפִיצְךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ שָׁמָּה:
4Even if your exiles are at the end of the heavens, the Lord, your God, will gather you from there, and He will take you from there. דאִם יִהְיֶה נִדַּחֲךָ בִּקְצֵה הַשָּׁמָיִם מִשָּׁם יְקַבֶּצְךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ וּמִשָּׁם יִקָּחֶךָ:
5And the Lord, your God, will bring you to the land which your forefathers possessed, and you [too] will take possession of it, and He will do good to you, and He will make you more numerous than your forefathers. הוֶהֱבִיאֲךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶל הָאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר יָרְשׁוּ אֲבֹתֶיךָ וִירִשְׁתָּהּ וְהֵיטִבְךָ וְהִרְבְּךָ מֵאֲבֹתֶיךָ:
6And the Lord, your God, will circumcise your heart and the heart of your offspring, [so that you may] love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul, for the sake of your life. ווּמָל יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֶת לְבָבְךָ וְאֶת לְבַב זַרְעֶךָ לְאַהֲבָה אֶת יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכָל לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל נַפְשְׁךָ לְמַעַן חַיֶּיךָ:
7And the Lord, your God, will place all these curses upon your enemies and upon your adversaries, who pursued you. ז וְנָתַן יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ אֵת כָּל הָאָלוֹת הָאֵלֶּה עַל אֹיְבֶיךָ וְעַל שׂנְאֶיךָ אֲשֶׁר רְדָפוּךָ:
8And you will return and listen to the voice of the Lord, and fulfill all His commandments, which I command you this day. חוְאַתָּה תָשׁוּב וְשָׁמַעְתָּ בְּקוֹל יְהֹוָה וְעָשִׂיתָ אֶת כָּל מִצְו*ֹתָיו אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם:
9And the Lord, your God, will make you abundant for good in all the work of your hands, in the fruit of your womb, in the fruit of your livestock, and in the fruit of your soil. For the Lord will once again rejoice over you for good, as He rejoiced over your forefathers, טוְהוֹתִירְךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכֹל | מַעֲשֵׂה יָדֶךָ בִּפְרִי בִטְנְךָ וּבִפְרִי בְהֶמְתְּךָ וּבִפְרִי אַדְמָתְךָ לְטֹבָה כִּי | יָשׁוּב יְהֹוָה לָשׂוּשׂ עָלֶיךָ לְטוֹב כַּאֲשֶׁר שָׂשׂ עַל אֲבֹתֶיךָ:
10when you obey the Lord, your God, to observe His commandments and His statutes written in this Torah scroll, [and] when you return to the Lord, your God, with all your heart and with all your soul. יכִּי תִשְׁמַע בְּקוֹל יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ לִשְׁמֹר מִצְו*ֹתָיו וְחֻקֹּתָיו הַכְּתוּבָה בְּסֵפֶר הַתּוֹרָה הַזֶּה כִּי תָשׁוּב אֶל יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בְּכָל לְבָבְךָ וּבְכָל נַפְשֶׁךָ:
11For this commandment which I command you this day, is not concealed from you, nor is it far away. יאכִּי הַמִּצְוָה הַזֹּאת אֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם לֹא נִפְלֵאת הִוא מִמְּךָ וְלֹא רְחֹקָה הִוא:
12It is not in heaven, that you should say, "Who will go up to heaven for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?" יבלֹא בַשָּׁמַיִם הִוא לֵאמֹר מִי יַעֲלֶה לָּנוּ הַשָּׁמַיְמָה וְיִקָּחֶהָ לָּנוּ וְיַשְׁמִעֵנוּ אֹתָהּ וְנַעֲשֶׂנָּה:
13Nor is it beyond the sea, that you should say, "Who will cross to the other side of the sea for us and fetch it for us, to tell [it] to us, so that we can fulfill it?" יגוְלֹא מֵעֵבֶר לַיָּם הִוא לֵאמֹר מִי יַעֲבָר לָנוּ אֶל עֵבֶר הַיָּם וְיִקָּחֶהָ לָּנוּ וְיַשְׁמִעֵנוּ אֹתָהּ וְנַעֲשֶׂנָּה:

14Rather,[this] thing is very close to you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you can fulfill it. ידכִּי קָרוֹב אֵלֶיךָ הַדָּבָר מְאֹד בְּפִיךָ וּבִלְבָבְךָ לַעֲשׂתוֹ:

15Behold, I have set before you today life and good, and death and evil, טורְאֵה נָתַתִּי לְפָנֶיךָ הַיּוֹם אֶת הַחַיִּים וְאֶת הַטּוֹב וְאֶת הַמָּוֶת וְאֶת הָרָע:
16inasmuch as I command you this day to love the Lord, your God, to walk in His ways, and to observe His commandments, His statutes, and His ordinances, so that you will live and increase, and the Lord, your God, will bless you in the land to which you are coming to take possession of it. טזאֲשֶׁר אָנֹכִי מְצַוְּךָ הַיּוֹם לְאַהֲבָה אֶת יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ לָלֶכֶת בִּדְרָכָיו וְלִשְׁמֹר מִצְו*ֹתָיו וְחֻקֹּתָיו וּמִשְׁפָּטָיו וְחָיִיתָ וְרָבִיתָ וּבֵרַכְךָ יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ בָּאָרֶץ אֲשֶׁר אַתָּה בָא שָׁמָּה לְרִשְׁתָּהּ:
17But if your heart deviates and you do not listen, and you will be drawn astray, and you will prostrate yourself to other deities and serve them, יזוְאִם יִפְנֶה לְבָבְךָ וְלֹא תִשְׁמָע וְנִדַּחְתָּ וְהִשְׁתַּחֲוִיתָ לֵאלֹהִים אֲחֵרִים וַעֲבַדְתָּם:
18I declare to you this day, that you will surely perish, and that you will not live long days on the land, to which you are crossing the Jordan, to come and take possession thereof. יחהִגַּדְתִּי לָכֶם הַיּוֹם כִּי אָבֹד תֹּאבֵדוּן לֹא תַאֲרִיכֻן יָמִים עַל הָאֲדָמָה אֲשֶׁר אַתָּה עֹבֵר אֶת הַיַּרְדֵּן לָבוֹא שָׁמָּה לְרִשְׁתָּהּ:
19This day, I call upon the heaven and the earth as witnesses [that I have warned] you: I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse. You shall choose life, so that you and your offspring will live; יטהַעִדֹתִי בָכֶם הַיּוֹם אֶת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֶת הָאָרֶץ הַחַיִּים וְהַמָּוֶת נָתַתִּי לְפָנֶיךָ הַבְּרָכָה וְהַקְּלָלָה וּבָחַרְתָּ בַּחַיִּים לְמַעַן תִּחְיֶה אַתָּה וְזַרְעֶךָ:
20To love the Lord your God, to listen to His voice, and to cleave to Him. For that is your life and the length of your days, to dwell on the land which the Lord swore to your forefathers to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob to give to them. כלְאַהֲבָה אֶת יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ לִשְׁמֹעַ בְּקֹלוֹ וּלְדָבְקָה בוֹ כִּי הוּא חַיֶּיךָ וְאֹרֶךְ יָמֶיךָ לָשֶׁבֶת עַל הָאֲדָמָה אֲשֶׁר נִשְׁבַּע יְהֹוָה לַאֲבֹתֶיךָ לְאַבְרָהָם לְיִצְחָק וּלְיַעֲקֹב לָתֵת לָהֶם:

Old 06-13-2016, 03:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
pinacled, Rbbi1, HushWhisper, Peacegiver, hljc and openmike all ate of the same tainted fruit.

They're lost but think they've been found.

Now that I've properly ID-d Rbbi1, I'll mostly ignore her pretentious word salad unless she really steps out of bounds.

Old 06-13-2016, 03:36 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by troutdude View Post
pinacled, rbbi1, hushwhisper, peacegiver, hljc and openmike all ate of the same tainted fruit.

Now that i've properly id-d rbbi1, i'll mostly ignore her pretentious word salad unless she really steps out of bounds.
wwtdd?

Old 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
pinacled, Rbbi1, HushWhisper, Peacegiver, hljc and openmike all ate of the same tainted fruit.

Now that I've properly ID-d Rbbi1, I'll mostly ignore her pretentious word salad unless she really steps out of bounds.
What does ID-d mean?

I am guessing Identified.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:24 PM

63,943 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What you seem not to grasp is the very IDEA of an eternal Hell is a concept so abominable to a God who IS agape love that its origin in the vengeful minds of men is unmistakable. But you do NOT test the Spirit of anything you find in the Bible because of the man-made "doctrine of demons" that the Bible is 100% the word of God, which is preposterous. The contradictions, inconsistencies, and absolute corruptions of the nature of God are legion in opposition to the TRUE NATURE of God revealed unambiguously by Jesus. The Gospel of Jesus is unrecognizable in the "precepts and doctrines of men" created from that abominable "doctrine of demons." It is why the majority mainstream churches are the anti-Christ apostates we were warned about for these "latter days." The Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God) is missing from mainstream Christianity.
There is only perceived hostility because you identify so strongly with your apostate anti-Christ beliefs that you feel YOU are being attacked when they are rebuked and rebutted by the "Agape Love of Christ" that you force into second-class status in favor of your BELIEFS about God and Jesus and sin. This is quite ironic because God is not counting our sins against us, but you focus almost entirely on them. Why is that???
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is not what I said.I said it CONTAINS inspirations from God and tells us ABOUT the Word of God who is Jesus, but it is NOT the word of God and not everything in it is from God or Jesus. That is why we have to TEST the Spirit. You cannot test the Spirit of what is in the Bible if you pretend that whatever the Spirit says MUST agree with what is in the Bible.That is not a test of anything. It is preposterous. But that is NOT what your Bible says is our guide. You have made the Bible infallible, something it does NOT claim for itself. You have made the Bible God's Word, something it does not claim for itself but assigns to Jesus. The Bible warns us about the words "written in ink" and tells us that Christ abides with us as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the truth God has "written in the fleshy tables of our hearts" so we do not need anyone to teach us. You deny the New Covenant and pretend the Bible is God's word instead of Jesus and the Comforter, the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God).I am making up no story. I am following what Jesus has taught and demonstrated unambiguously with His very body and life about the TRUE NATURE of God and His motives. Everything I believe is in your Bible, but you prefer the corruptions and contradictions in the "precepts and doctrines of men" born of the barbaric OT beliefs about the nature of God and His motives.
Quote:
You're the one with an agenda, not me. I just share what I have been given, and let the chips fall where they may, as I have stated repeatedly. Not my Word, not my doctrines or principles, not my Spirit, it's all about HIM. Peace
Nonsense. You even disowned the Bible in an attempt to dodge your elevation of it to the status of God's word,something it does not ever claim for itself. You denigrate the God of agape love that Jesus revealed and deny He is the Word of God. You are mired in the OT barbaric beliefs about a wrathful God who needed to be appeased by blood sacrifices of innocents as if that EVER made any sense whatsoever. You believe the fables in the OT as if they are historical fact, something Christ's disciples specifically refused to do.

1 Timothy 1:4
Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.

1 Timothy 4:7
But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Titus 1:14
Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

2 Peter 1:16
For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

In short, you know nothing and whatever Spirit you are in contact with is definitely NOT God, but I have a suspicion that it is the same spirit you keep accusing everyone else of following.
Quote:
There is where you are wrong. The Spirit quickens particular parts as HE wills, and also teaches, and so what has been taught can be brought to memory again, even if it was learned 30 years ago and I myself have forgotten it. It's called the mind of Christ, and it comes "standard addition" to all that have received the baptism in His Spirit, and press in to hear what He has to say. Which is why the disciples were told to take no thought what they would say, because the HG would give them what to speak.
You just broke the irony meter. Your views are far from the "mind of Christ" and the Holy spirit of agape love. You are not listening to the truth God has "written in our hearts" because you think the words "written in ink" govern what should be in our hearts. You eschew the guidance of the Comforter and the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). You do not love, you denigrate it, so you do not know God because anyone who does not love does not know God. It is very sad that you are so badly conditioned to the concept of a wrathful God that you allow your Spirit to be corrupted by thoughts of sin, condemnation of sinners, punishment, and your whole negative vibe against the Spirit of agape love (Who IS God). Here is a post that explains the scriptural support for agape more fully.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 06-13-2016 at 04:32 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
What does ID-d mean?

I am guessing Identified.

A better question to me is what is WWTDD? lol.....

Old 06-13-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post

WHO are YOU to set boundaries for me? Talk about pretentious.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity