Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2016, 05:41 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then why are all of you so offended? Peace
The truth offends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Then why are all of you so offended? Peace
Offended by what... Your beliefs?..... Get out of here. Truth is not offensive. The scriptures say speak the truth in love and we also know scripture says love is not offensive. If "you're truth" is offensive it most certainly is not the truth of God.

Camps waits for the first fundy to quote many being offended because Jesus told them they had to eat his flesh and drink his blood, anyone would have been who took his words literally like most fundies do. The fact is it was not offensive what he said in any way, shape or form, and neither was he quoting truth at them. Fundamentalists are offended by everything that cuts across their religious biases, prejudices and how they perceive God to be, they've set themselves up to be offended by their own belief systems.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-06-2016 at 06:10 AM..

Old 07-06-2016, 07:29 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,523 times
Oh yes the truth is offensive to a carnal minded sinner. Not without reason Jesus Christ was called the Rock of offence, and were His followers persecuted and murdered. The truth as it is in Christ Jesus attacks the sinners self-righteousness, self-justification, pride etc. Truth exposes lies, sin, brings light in dark places, and sinners that want to feel comfortable and cling to their sin, hate truth and light, hate Jesus Christ.

And truth is what Jesus Christ came to witness, and they crucified Him as an innocent man didn't they? Ofcourse the truth is offensive. John 18:37 He came to Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Christ said to His own brothers:

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

To His disciples:

John 15:18-19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The message of the cross is an offence:

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

And Jesus Christ is the Rock of offence to the disobedient that stumble at the word of God. Seems familiar on this forum doesn't it?

1 Peter 2:7-8 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
Oh yes the truth is offensive to a carnal minded sinner. Not without reason Jesus Christ was called the Rock of offence, and were His followers persecuted and murdered. The truth as it is in Christ Jesus attacks the sinners self-righteousness, self-justification, pride etc. Truth exposes lies, sin, brings light in dark places, and sinners that want to feel comfortable and cling to their sin, hate truth and light, hate Jesus Christ.

And truth is what Jesus Christ came to witness, and they crucified Him as an innocent man didn't they? Ofcourse the truth is offensive. John 18:37 He came to Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

Christ said to His own brothers:

John 7:7 The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

To His disciples:

John 15:18-19 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

The message of the cross is an offence:

Galatians 5:11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why do I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the cross ceased.

And Jesus Christ is the Rock of offence to the disobedient that stumble at the word of God. Seems familiar on this forum doesn't it?

1 Peter 2:7-8 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner, And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
Indeed. It is so offensive that it can turn "a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law".

John 3 19 And this is the judgment: the light has come into the world, and people loved the darkness rather than the light because their works were evil. For everyone who does wicked things hates the light and does not come to the light, lest his works should be exposed.

Old 07-06-2016, 07:49 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Ridiculous. Many on this forum who claim to be Christians talk about how they sin and are no different than a non-Christian in that regard. They don't want to sin (they seem to think that non-Christians do) but they can't help themselves. But, somehow, because they believe the "right" things about Jesus, they are NOT carnal-minded sinners and non-Christians (or "liberal Christians") are. These Christians further believe they have the right to help the holy spirit convict others of their sin. Who is being self-righteous, who is justifying themselves, who is full of pride? If you were honest with yourselves for a second, you would see it is you.

Old 07-06-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ridiculous. Many on this forum who claim to be Christians talk about how they sin and are no different than a non-Christian in that regard.
Could you provide some quotes of Christians saying they are no different than non-Christians in regards to sin.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:29 AM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Could you provide some quotes of Christians saying they are no different than non-Christians in regards to sin.
I don't think I am no different than non Christians in regards to sin, in fact, I am certain there are probably a million non Christians who sin way less than me.

Old 07-06-2016, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I don't think I am no different than non Christians in regards to sin, in fact, I am certain there are probably a million non Christians who sin way less than me.
Are you stumbling, or committing all these sins willfully? The difference between the old me and new me is that the old me sinned willfully and habitually, without regret or repentance, but now, although I still stumble I do not do it willfully and habitually.

Old 07-06-2016, 10:44 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
These Christians further believe they have the right to help the holy spirit convict others of their sin. Who is being self-righteous, who is justifying themselves, who is full of pride? If you were honest with yourselves for a second, you would see it is you.

I've seen this nonsensical argument a couple of times now, that Christians cannot point out sin, that it's not their place and incredibly proud to do so.. even so much as taking the role of the Holy Spirit. Well now that is a ridiculous thing to say if you have any knowledge of Scripture.

Jesus Christ testified of the world that it's deeds are evil, the Holy Spirit convicts of sin, righteousness and judgment, and what should the followers of Jesus Christ that have received the Holy Spirit do? Just lay back and let sin have it's course? That's the doctrine of satan, not of God.

How do you think that the convincing of sin happens, but by preaching of the Word? And who do you think are called to preach the Word, but believers in Christ? Look at the command our Lord gave, we should preach repentance and remission of sins in His Name! Should we listen to our Lord Jesus Christ, or to you pleroo?

Luke 24:47 And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

Look at Peter's sermon on pentecost, was he usurping the Spirits work of convicting?! No! It was actually the Holy Spirit that inspired Peter for that sermon and He used it to bring 3000 into Gods Kingdom that day. Don't you get it?! The Spirit works through believers, and He convicts the world by the testimony and words of faithful believers in which He dwells. The ones that you are trying to demean and silence in your posts.

Acts 2:23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
36-38 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ. Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do? Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

What you are saying proves how offensive the truth is, you will rather accuse and attack those faithfully proclaiming Gods Word as He commands, and try to silence them, than listen and repent from your sins as the Word teaches.

It's actually a ridiculous attempt to silence the Holy Spirit, when you tell believers that have received the Holy Spirit they shouldn't point out sin. Even going so far as calling believers that are faithful to the command of the Word self-righteous and full of pride? You should read what Gods Word says about people that offend the children of God, and be careful with your words. For God it doesn't matter if you're being offensive in someones face or on a forum. What you're saying goes directly against Gods command to preach repentance and remission of sins, and you will have the just punishment for your filthy and deceitful way of twisting the Word of God pleroo unless you repent while there is time.

Old 07-06-2016, 11:46 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,420,964 times
Quote:
Oh yes the truth is offensive to a carnal minded sinner.
Quote:
You should read what Gods Word says about people that offend the children of God, and be careful with your words. For God it doesn't matter if you're being offensive in someones face or on a forum. What you're saying goes directly against Gods command to preach repentance and remission of sins, and you will have the just punishment for your filthy and deceitful way of twisting the Word of God pleroo unless you repent while there is time.

So .... Who is offended here? You (someone who mistakenly thinks you and those who hold your same beliefs are children of God, but others are not.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity