Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 01:58 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,416,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not to mention annoying and ridiculous.
That too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 02:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,057,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Once again it is YOU who reduce love to a namby-pamby emotion. Try to comprehend: love (agape) is the vested concern for the well-being of everyone in any situation. "Well-being" does NOT mean "whatever that person wants," it means what that person needs in community.

When I say AS His emotions, I don't mean they are literally emotions like we have. It's simply a way to compare it to human terms.

Well, when He prophesied (and since He spoke everything into existence in the first place) that 1.5 million people would basically be eradicated in 70 AD, how does that fit in with your, right hand only, definition? Peace

Old 06-13-2016, 02:09 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,030 times
You guys are so loving, like a pack of vicious wolves with the sheeps clothing of agape love. Thanks for at least exposing the farce of your "agape love" on a daily basis by your attitudes and behavior. The patting each other on the back for delivering the most disrespectful offensive assaults on other people's characters. The heroic all against Rabbi dirt-throwing, it's all so impressive.

Funny how one guy with the Spirit of God can aggravate so much anger and expose so many false believers. Keep on spreading that agape love guys!

Old 06-13-2016, 02:13 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,944,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
You guys are so loving, like a pack of vicious wolves with the sheeps clothing of agape love. Thanks for at least exposing the farce of your "agape love" on a daily basis by your attitudes and behavior. The patting each other on the back for delivering the most disrespectful offensive assaults on other people's characters. The heroic all against Rabbi dirt-throwing, it's all so impressive.

Funny how one guy with the Spirit of God can aggravate so much anger and expose so many false believers. Keep on spreading that agape love guys!
Agape often requires a wake up call. Why is it that when such is administered by them, the fundies call it "love," but when they are the subject it is a "disrespectrul offensive assault?"

Old 06-13-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Your message is condemnation from your god, and I tear that down, yes. And you judge people as not having God's spirit if they do not agree with YOU. Pretty durned arrogant.

No, I discern they don't have it (referring to the HG) when their words do not fit the pattern HE established, because out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Sort of like you can tell the difference between a first grader and a college student right away, by the words that they speak and the maturity and stature of their body. Peace

Old 06-13-2016, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Not to mention annoying and ridiculous.

Well, that's good, because I certainly aim to please... lol....peace.

Old 06-13-2016, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, I discern they don't have it (referring to the HG) when their words do not fit the pattern HE established, because out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Sort of like you can tell the difference between a first grader and a college student right away, by the words that they speak and the maturity and stature of their body. Peace

Give it a rest with trying to make yourself look superior. You speak riddles out of one side of your mouth, and condemnation out of the other. I don't care if you're a first grader or a college student, that stinks to high heaven

Old 06-13-2016, 02:29 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,231,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post

Funny how one guy with the Spirit of God can aggravate so much anger and expose so many false believers.
Your hero has made numerous untrue statements about my thoughts and my beliefs. He seems to believe he has some sort of Bible-coder ESP that allows him to see into the minds of other people. Despite the fact I have corrected him and told him he doesn't know nearly as much as he thinks he does....he continues. My faith is important to me. I do not need some guy on the internet posting ridiculous, apparently ESP-fueled, false claims about my faith, my beliefs, and my journey as a Christian. Which he does repeatedly....unless he switches it up and posts code. Which he seems to think is the complete truth and something everyone needs to believe. Public announcement: I wasn't interested in joining a cult in the 60's and I'm not interested in joining one now.

Since he gets nearly everything wrong.... I see little need to encourage him. Piece.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-13-2016 at 02:45 PM..

Old 06-13-2016, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Give it a rest with trying to make yourself look superior. You speak riddles out of one side of your mouth, and condemnation out of the other. I don't care if you're a first grader or a college student, that stinks to high heaven
It's only a riddle if you don't understand it. Someone else out there might understand it just fine, as has obviously been the case a few times.

And again, I said plainly "standard equipment", free gift, ect. Part of that free gift comes with the gift of discerning of spirits. Certainly not making myself look superior if I point out it's available to anyone, is it? Or did you miss the chapter about the gifts of the Spirit, going along with the fruits of the Spirit, with your cherry picking of Corinthians?

And again, I didn't condemn you, the WORD condemns you (your flesh). Peace

Old 06-13-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
It's only a riddle if you don't understand it. Someone else out there might understand it just fine, as has obviously been the case a few times.

And again, I said plainly "standard equipment", free gift, ect. Part of that free gift comes with the gift of discerning of spirits. Certainly not making myself look superior if I point out it's available to anyone, is it?

And again, I didn't condemn you, the WORD condemns you (your flesh). Peace
I am not condemned. YOU speak condemnation, and attempt to persuade people that you speak for God. I'll keep pointing that out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity