Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 08:08 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times

Advertisements

So, if you are right, how does it change your life, either her of in the next one?

BUT--What if you’re Wrong?

A Question for Every Anti-Gay Person, Pastor, Father, Mother, Friend.

What if you are wrong, like the Pharisees, who believed they knew and lived the Scriptures better than anyone, but were shown out by Jesus to not only be in biblical error, but completing absent of understanding in regards to His heart and essence?

Take a leap of FAITH and see if the TRUTH makes more sense than OPINION.

BUT--What if you’re Wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
What if you’re Wrong? A Question for Every Anti-Gay Person.-church_messed_vs_enforcers.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 08:15 PM

20,001 posts, read 13,480,828 times
I seriously do not expect any person who is "anti-gay" to engage in the 10 seconds of mindful reflection that would be required to see past their preconceptions. Most of them have been taught that god considers gays an abomination and, further, that doubting or questioning god is a terrible sin. So, by operant conditioning, they have come to believe that being wrong -- much less admitting to it -- represents an actual existential threat. Fundamentalism after all, isn't about doing what's right, it's about believing the right things.

Old 06-03-2016, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
I seriously do not expect any person who is "anti-gay" to engage in the 10 seconds of mindful reflection that would be required to see past their preconceptions. Most of them have been taught that god considers gays an abomination and, further, that doubting or questioning god is a terrible sin. So, by operant conditioning, they have come to believe that being wrong -- much less admitting to it -- represents an actual existential threat. Fundamentalism after all, isn't about doing what's right, it's about believing the right things.
Nor do I. But they will NEVER be able to say I NEVER HAD A CHANCE TO SEE THE TRUTH...

Old 06-03-2016, 04:58 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
What if the Bible is right?

Old 06-03-2016, 05:01 AM

Then YOU have NOTHING to lose by standing down and allowing LGBTQ folks to live their lives. On the other hand, if it is WRONG, YOU have so much to answer for..

Old 06-03-2016, 05:12 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
What if the Bible is right?
Then he's in big trouble; but he'll have eternity to ponder his decision.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Then he's in big trouble; but he'll have eternity to ponder his decision.
But how long will YOU have? Since there is NO hell, where will the evangelical cultists end up ??

Old 06-03-2016, 05:15 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Then YOU have NOTHING to lose by standing down and allowing LGBTQ folks to live their lives. On the other hand, if it is WRONG, YOU have so much to answer for..
Stand down? Sodom and Gomorrah must be warned, as we are called to be watchmen on the wall.

Old 06-03-2016, 05:17 AM

1,614 posts, read 1,245,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post

So well said. And no amount of arguing or threads spanning 150 pages or longer will change that. Therefore, to engage in hours, days, weeks, months of argument is certainly not the way I intend to spend my time. No one has any right to judge others and condemn them. Those who do so put themselves in God's place and usurp his rightful throne of judge and, as I understand it they will be judged in the same manner they have judged others. Let them be. If one dies a hypocrite, he/she will be judged by God a such. If Jesus could not save the hypocrites in his midst, what makes us think we can?

Old 06-03-2016, 05:18 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

I'll put my life on the Bible being true and I don't see how I am disallowing anyone to live their lives? God Himself in His common grace allows for all people to live. But He wants to offer us eternal life, and I also wish for the LGBTQ community to receive eternal life through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ. Just like I wish that for every other human being that is living in sin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity