Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 07:49 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times

Advertisements

The more I see the more I wonder about this...It seems every Christian is dancing to his or her own tune and not following in Jesus' footsteps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 07:54 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,218,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The more I see the more I wonder about this...It seems every Christian is dancing to his or her own tune and not following in Jesus' footsteps...
Just for kicks, let's define our terms. What are you suggesting is "follow the path of Jesus"?

Old 06-04-2016, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Just for kicks, let's define our terms. What are you suggesting is "follow the path of Jesus"?
Christians should know what that is....

Old 06-04-2016, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Christians should know what that is....
Since I'm not even allowed to define who is and isn't a Christian, according to a lot of folks on this board, why would you make the statement?

If you can't define what you mean, and you can't even define who is and isn't a Christian....what's the point of your statement?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Since I'm not even allowed to define who is and isn't a Christian, according to a lot of folks on this board, why would you make the statement?

If you can't define what you mean, and you can't even define who is and isn't a Christian....what's the point of your statement?
1 Peter 2:
21 for to this ye were called, because Christ also did suffer for you, leaving to you an example, that ye may follow his steps

Old 06-04-2016, 08:08 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
Every Christian Wow.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
1 Peter 2:
21 for to this ye were called, because Christ also did suffer for you, leaving to you an example, that ye may follow his steps
OK. Great. I disagree. I think some Christians DO walk in his steps. Some don't.

You made the statement that none of us do, so back it up. First tell me what you believe Peter was referring to. And then define what a Christian is...and how they aren't following his steps.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:13 AM

1 Corinthians 11:1-2 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ. (Read More...)

1 Peter 2:21 - For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Matthew 16:24 - Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Read More...)

1 John 2:3-4 - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (Read More...)

Mark 8:34 - And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

1 Peter 1:14-16 - As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: (Read More...)

Luke 9:23 - And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Matthew 4:19-25 - And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. (Read More...)

John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 Corinthians 11:1 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Philippians 2:12-13 - Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (Read More...)

James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Old 06-04-2016, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Every Christian Wow.
Well, yes...If your tune is different than the next person, then you are dancing to your own tune...

Old 06-04-2016, 08:15 AM

Quote:
1 Corinthians 11:1-2 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ. (Read More...)

1 Peter 2:21 - For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:

Matthew 16:24 - Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 7:21-23 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. (Read More...)

1 John 2:3-4 - And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. (Read More...)

Mark 8:34 - And when he had called the people [unto him] with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

1 Peter 1:14-16 - As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance: (Read More...)

Luke 9:23 - And he said to [them] all, If any [man] will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Matthew 4:19-25 - And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men. (Read More...)

John 10:27 - My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

1 Corinthians 11:1 - Be ye followers of me, even as I also [am] of Christ.

Philippians 2:12-13 - Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. (Read More...)

James 2:20-24 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
OK?

Great verses. Still waiting for you to tell me who is a Christian and who isn't. And exactly what the above passages actually look like in real life in 2016 America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity