Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 02:55 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,074,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
the martyrs followed the path of Jesus.
You can be dense at times, Richard.
Did they?...May haps be that you are the dense one...

A Christian martyr is a person who is killed for following Jesus. In early church years, this often occurred through stoning, crucifixion, burning at the stake or other forms of torture and capital punishment. The word "martyr" comes from the Greek word μάρτυς, mártys, which means "witness."

Here's some more for you that shows just how dishonest most Christians are...

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-24864587

Last edited by Richard1965; 06-04-2016 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 03:00 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,338,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
2Co 5:16 From now on, therefore, we regard no one according to the flesh. Even though we once regarded Christ according to the flesh, we regard him thus no longer.
2Co 5:17 Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.
Unfortunately fundamentalists do not know or understand this, so they continue to think from an old creation mindset, judge, condemn and punish.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:05 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,925,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
The more I see the more I wonder about this...It seems every Christian is dancing to his or her own tune and not following in Jesus' footsteps...

When I attended different trinity based religions, they didn't teach what Jesus actually taught. When I studied with the Jehovah witnesses, I learned what Jesus taught and was encouraged to apply every teaching on a daily basis.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:47 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
I am not a Christian according to the Nicene Creed.
But, I follow Jesus' instructions more than anyone I have known...and it shows...
I am consistently the happiest person I know for a decade...no stress
or worries or fears ...as
Jesus said, and Paul, be anxious for nothing but in prayer and supplication and thanksgiving.......and so on...I have given my burdens and cares to God,
relying on Him 100%.
What abundance and freedom.
No need to judge anyone bec I know they are in their perfect position doing
what is best for them on this Journey Home.

I would be an example of Jesus' instructions, when followed, working!!!!

It's a pretty easy formula...follow his instructions to a tee...live a happy life...
continue the next day....

Old 06-04-2016, 05:01 PM

10,058 posts, read 4,984,630 times
Quote:
Did they?...May haps be that you are the dense one...
A Christian martyr is a person who is killed for following Jesus. In early church years, this often occurred through stoning, crucifixion, burning at the stake or other forms of torture and capital punishment. The word "martyr" comes from the Greek word μάρτυς, mártys, which means "witness."
Here's some more for you that shows just how dishonest most Christians are...
Doesn't MOST match Matthew 7:21-23 that MANY would come in Jesus' name but prove false ?______
So, we should Not be surprised that fake ' weed/tares ' Christians also comprise the ' goat ' class of Matthew 25:31-33.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,712,053 times
Quote:
I think you being deliberately obtuse...
You can try to turn it on me all day long (old trick), but the truth is that a number of posters have asked you to explain you comment, and you have failed to do so.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:10 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,713,636 times
Quote:
I know the path that he walked, it shows it in the NT, however, I have yet to see someone claiming to be Christian actually walking as he walked, in other words, following his example, walking in his footsteps...In other words, I see by observation, not by someone telling me this...
Can you actually observe the footsteps of every person on the globe, over 6 billion souls? If not, how can you make such a claim? What is your point in saying this? Are you trying to say Jesus Christ was not the Messiah, or something else? Your post is very confusing really.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:12 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,713,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I am not a Christian according to the Nicene Creed.
But, I follow Jesus' instructions more than anyone I have known...and it shows...
I am consistently the happiest person I know for a decade...no stress
or worries or fears ...as
Jesus said, and Paul, be anxious for nothing but in prayer and supplication and thanksgiving.......and so on...I have given my burdens and cares to God,
relying on Him 100%.
What abundance and freedom.
No need to judge anyone bec I know they are in their perfect position doing
what is best for them on this Journey Home.

I would be an example of Jesus' instructions, when followed, working!!!!

It's a pretty easy formula...follow his instructions to a tee...live a happy life...
continue the next day....

Old 06-04-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You can try to turn it on me all day long (old trick), but the truth is that a number of posters have asked you to explain you comment, and you have failed to do so.
Okay...So it's not deliberate...

Old 06-04-2016, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Can you actually observe the footsteps of every person on the globe, over 6 billion souls? If not, how can you make such a claim? What is your point in saying this? Are you trying to say Jesus Christ was not the Messiah, or something else? Your post is very confusing really.
7.4 billion....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity