Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 12:36 PM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Being a good man is not a ticket to heaven. I liked and respected this man very much. Only God knows for sure, but if Ali chose allah instead of Jesus- he's in hell.
Allah is just another name for the God of the bible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 12:44 PM

18,544 posts, read 18,810,472 times
Quote:
Being a good man is not a ticket to heaven. I liked and respected this man very much. Only God knows for sure, but if Ali chose allah instead of Jesus- he's in hell.
are you really from this planet.. behave and shut up please... the man is hardly cold and to talk about him this way is disgraceful..

Old 06-06-2016, 12:48 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
Some may feel that hell isn't an appropriate topic at a funeral. But I think that, other than Xmas and Easter, you couldn't pick a better time to bring it up, especially since Christ said that the majority is headed in that direction. (Matt 7:13-14, Matt 22:14, Luke 13:22-24)
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Awesome topic at Mom's funeral. Is that your tradition? When exactly do you bring it up to Dad?

We sit Shiva for a day, or three. No funeral homes. No coffin. No oppressive flowers. We tell stories. We laugh. We cry. We share love, good food, and music.

With enough notice we have a party with the soon to be deceased.

Old 06-06-2016, 12:58 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,119,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
However, once a person has received Jesus as Savior, He is eternally saved even if he then turns around and rejects Jesus. Once a person has been born again, there is nothing he can do to lose his salvation. He can lose rewards, but not his eternal life.
I don't believe that it's possible to reject Jesus IF we truly have His Spirit in our heart. That's just my opinion however- only God truly knows a mans heart.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Allah is just another name for the God of the bible.
allah does not exist. He's a figment of muslims imaginations used by satan to do evil. If you look at Islam, you'll see that satan has been quite successful in this endeavor.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:05 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Awesome topic at Mom's funeral. Is that your tradition? When exactly do you bring it up to Dad?

We sit Shiva for a day, or three. No funeral homes. No coffin. No oppressive flowers. We tell stories. We laugh. We cry. We share love, good food, and music.

With enough notice we have a party with the soon to be deceased.
What? No fights? In my family it's not a proper send-off unless someone gets in a fight. No fight means you were cheap with the booze at the wake and everyone will talk about you from that point until you die. When they will say things like, "That Eli. He was so close with his money. He could be a real putz. Rest his soul. Is there any more potato salad? "

Old 06-06-2016, 01:06 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,242,237 times
Quote:
LOL!

Silly man.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
are you really from this planet.. behave and shut up please... the man is hardly cold and to talk about him this way is disgraceful..
Sorry you are offended, but I can speak just like you can on here. God is not interested in being PC or our feeling good- he's interested in our relationship with Him thru Christ.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:12 PM

23,239 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyawehNyoh View Post
-
Some may feel that hell isn't an appropriate topic at a funeral. But I think that, other than Xmas and Easter,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

What does Christmas and Easter have to do with Jesus, Muslims and Christians celebrate Babylonian feasts and I don't think they go to hell for doing so, but somebody who practices pagan feasts originating in Babylon about a Babylonian Messiah don't have much room to talk about somebody else. You look at other supposed lost religions and here you are a apart of a pagan religion looking down on a Muslim who has the same Holy days in common with you.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:32 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,626,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What? No fights? In my family it's not a proper send-off unless someone gets in a fight. No fight means you were cheap with the booze at the wake and everyone will talk about you from that point until you die. When they will say things like, "That Eli. He was so close with his money. He could be a real putz. Rest his soul. Is there any more potato salad? "

My kingdom for a rep or ten, Dew.

When my mother was dying, we called all of our family and friends. They all came for her good-by party. The kids decorated the place.

We drank, and ate, and the house was full of stories, screaming laughter, and tears.

"Why a party?"

"Mom. You wouldn't want to miss a good family fight now would ya?"

She had a great time. We did not fight, but we did not behave either. She was a character, and a very funny woman. She died in our home. Decades later, we still share her stories. They were legend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity