Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 03:31 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Pleroo...we are all capable of all sorts of what seem as miracles.
I am 'capable' of being a physicist...if I would do the studying...see, what I mean.
I am 'capable' of lifting 120 lbs over my head if I would practice.

Yes, I understand what you're saying. But at the present time, you would say that not everyone is capable, yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 03:46 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
So, how often are you sent to heal people?

And, I'm wondering if you've gone to the pediatric or nicu wards. I would think that young children and babies would have very few to no blocks to being healed.

I don't actually get sent a lot with the specific instruction that it's for healing. Mostly He just manifests that as I come across someone. He seems to use me with back injuries a lot, because He healed my back (what you overcome, you can then help others to overcome). When I was having home bible studies, I had more access to believers and so I was used with a lot of them with various physical and spiritual issues. Word of knowledge is a gift of the Spirit that He uses to tell people things that you personally could have no way of knowing, and it is used to build up the spark of faith in the person to receive from Him. Below is an example of how it works with the gift of healing.

I was standing in line a few years ago, and He told me the second person away from me had a back injury and He wanted to heal her. I told her what He said, she confirmed it, I prayed as instructed, and she was slain in the Spirit and her back was healed, as she said when she got up, she had no more pain and it had been constant. I never saw her again, but she was one of many back injuries He has used me with. Again, this is not unusual among those that are pressing in to know Him and walk with Him. I have many friends who are used in the same way. His body is Spirit and it is alive, not dead, and it manifests.

Also, you have to remember it's about His perfect will. What you are wanting is the fullness of something that hasn't yet come. The two days/2000 years of Pentecost realm that we are living in, was always intended to be IN PART. NO ONE can heal everyone, nor is it His plan that they do. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 PM

Quote:
You must have missed many posts where I always say that ... how could it be 'me'...
of course, it is the Holy Spirit!
Ha, I wouldn't even say the Spirit in me....just
the Holy Spirit, period, in the air we breath..or..I guess in the person that got healed, right?
Who knows.

In writing and conversation it is common to say, "I'm going to a healer today"....when the person
you're seeing themselves is not a healer at all.
Or to say, "I did a healing yesterday." Of course, I didn't...the Holy Spirit did.
When I've written it so many times to clarify that point I don't bother...for me it is a given.

Pleroo...we are all capable of all sorts of what seem as miracles.
I am 'capable' of being a physicist...if I would do the studying...see, what I mean.
I am 'capable' of lifting 120 lbs over my head if I would practice.

Sorry MH, being new to the forum basically, I haven't read a lot of your posts, as you haven't posted a lot since I've been here, or if you have, I didn't see them. Just wanted you to clarify so no one would think otherwise. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 03:52 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Another question. If it's God doing the healing,
what does She need you for? You and MissH say you can't heal people who are blocked ...
if they are not blocked, what's stopping them from being healed directly by God?
Why do they need a middle-woman?
They don't need a middle man.
Another good question.

I hurt myself so badly I could only laugh it was that bad...maybe 3 yrs ago now.
Oh boy, I was in a pickle and traveling with luggage.
At the train station I rem laughing bec I had to use both hands to lift my leg up onto
my luggage to use as a stool....couldn't take it off either.

Oh, did I do a number on my left hip joint...that had previously been healed in July 2009...
at a Charismatic Church a Christian friend forced me to go to...hahaha. Oh my life...I laugh.

Any way on the train I thought...'Aw, gee...I have got to go back to get a healing!'
When suddenly, while reading 'Masters from the Far East' by Baird Spaulding, c 1899, or a so,
I got SO inspired....I said to God, the Holy Spirit...take your pick...
"Hey, I don't need to go to some healer! YOU heal me right here!!! Thank You!"
LOL...oh what a moment of grace and 100% powerful recognition of the Divine Presence.

Well, you couldn't rub the smile off my face...when I moved my seat, when I got off the train,
as I pulled at my luggage, as I got into a vehicle....LOL...it was completely gone , completely healed...never came back....and I know that pain and how badly I hurt the ligaments or tendons
the inflammation I caused in the socket itself...nerves all firing.
Oh, I was a mess.

Peter didn't 'need' Jesus to walk on water...BUT, he sure did help.
When someone asks for a jump you give it to them...someone else as an intercessor is quite powerful...why would Jesus say when 2 or more gather in my name I am there? I dunno.
Come to think of it:
Is he not there when there is only one? LOL
That's a funny thing he said...makes me wonder if he was misquoted again.
Oh, I may get in trouble for that one, now...

Sure, no problem, Rbbi1.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Another question. If it's God doing the healing, what does She need you for? You and MissH say you can't heal people who are blocked ... if they are not blocked, what's stopping them from being healed directly by God? Why do they need a middle-woman?

They don't. I've received all my healings directly from Him, with no middle man. But FAITH must be built up in an individual before they can receive. We all were given a spark of faith (the measure of faith to receive Him), but it must be fed to grow beyond just receiving Him in one capacity, the capacity of being our savior. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Peter didn't 'need' Jesus to walk on water...BUT, he sure did help.
When someone asks for a jump you give it to them...someone else as an intercessor is quite powerful...why would Jesus say when 2 or more gather in my name I am there? I dunno.
Come to think of it:
Is he not there when there is only one? LOL
That's a funny thing he said...makes me wonder if he was misquoted again.
Oh, I may get in trouble for that one, now...

Nah, He wasn't misquoted; it's just that there's different levels of interpretation in everything. Name being nature, it's true that when there is 2 gathered in His nature, there He is in the midst of them. It's equally true, that when the soul and spirit is in union with the Spirit of Him, there He is in the midst again, but it's only one person standing there. Peace

Old 07-29-2016, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Yes, I understand what you're saying.
But at the present time, you would say that not everyone is capable, yes?
At the present time not everyone is capable.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post

I was standing in line a few years ago, and He told me the second person away
from me had a back injury and He wanted to heal her.
I told her what He said, she confirmed it, I prayed as instructed, and she was slain in the Spirit and her back was healed, as she said when she got up,
she had no more pain and it had been constant.
I never saw her again, but she was one of many back injuries He has used me with.
Again, this is not unusual among those that are pressing in to know Him and walk with Him.
I have many friends who are used in the same way.
His body is Spirit and it is alive, not dead, and it manifests.
Ah, another thing for me to open to...God telling me about a stranger's health issue.
Something for me to look forward to....Beth Moore tells a story about this kind of thing.

Old 07-29-2016, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Ah, another thing for me to open to...God telling me about a stranger's health issue.
Something for me to look forward to....Beth Moore tells a story about this kind of thing.

Yeah it's amazing; HE is amazing. Way back, He rebuked me for allowing people to tell me their issues before praying for them, because that robs Him of being able to manifest through word of knowledge, which is to increase that spark of faith EVERYONE has been given to receive Him. When I stopped it, word of knowledge flowed like a river, no doubt one of the river(S) of living water He was talking about. It does freak some people out, and you sometimes have to explain why you are NOT a psychic (that's all some people have ever seen, is the counterfeit), but when they realize it's Him, they are open to receive and He can move mountains.

When I was used to minister to a young man in college who was a hidden Satanic worshipper, He showed first showed me his parents family room and kitchen in detail to describe to him, along with a root of rebellion that came in through his parents favoring his sister (scene shown was them all arguing in these rooms). Then He had me name off what he had done as far as witchcraft goes (necromancy, Satanic worship, sacrificing animals to Satan, occultic games). The shock that someone could see into his life via the Holy Spirit broke that stronghold on him, and he was back the next night, to repent and receive Christ into his heart. When people see the reality of what He has, they are usually quick to let go of the counterfeits. Which of course, is why the gifts are fought against so hard by the enemy of our souls.

One of the funnier ones was a homeless man from Dayton, Ohio, who a friend of mine brought to a bible study I was at. The Lord gave me word of knowledge about him pertaining to his drug and alcohol use, and a spirit regarding sexual abuse. I had to tell him, and I pulled him aside into the kitchen away from everyone to respect his privacy, fully expecting him to punch my lights out. To my shock, he started laughing uproariously, exclaiming, "You mean all these years I've been doing this stuff there were people like you out there that could SEE it on me?!" I said, yes, and he just kept cracking up. He thought it was hilarious that the joke was on him with all the effort he put into hiding it. Who knew, he was going to find it humorous. Peace

Last edited by Rbbi1; 07-29-2016 at 04:45 PM..

Old 07-29-2016, 04:50 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I'm the last poster, so assuming you're talking to me.......the gift of healing is not ours, it's His, and as such we don't get to use it on whoever we choose, but rather who He says. All trees bear fruit in their own season, and He controls the seasons, both with us, and with whoever we are praying with.

Like MH said, there are lots of variables to contend with, but this is the foundational one, I'd say. Peace
Why does yahweh, the creator of everything, need a middle man all the time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity