Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 11:19 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Boom!

Good post Rafius
You know man...it really makes my blood boil to see these...'people' for want of a word that will be allowed here... crowing and gushing about all the things their invisible friend has given them. I feel that I want to do things to them that I would later regret. I certainly would love to take away every single one of their possessions and drop them into Ethiopia.

Frankly, I would be acutely embarrassed not to say ashamed, to post that 'Jesus' gave me $100,000 to pay my mortgage whilst hundreds of thousands of people were dying of starvation. It's sickening...and so are they!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You know man...it really makes my blood boil to see these...'people' for want of a word that will be allowed here... crowing and gushing about all the things their invisible friend has given them. I feel that I want to do things to them that I would later regret. I certainly would love to take away every single one of their possessions and drop them into Ethiopia.

Frankly, I would be acutely embarrassed not to say ashamed, to post that 'Jesus' gave me $100,000 to pay my mortgage whilst hundreds of thousands of people were dying of starvation. It's sickening...and so are they!
If there is no god, why the starving kids?

Old 07-26-2016, 11:24 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,408,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
"God has answered my prayers in the past. I know God hears and listens to prayers."

Well, ya know...and I know this first hand, of course..."He"** doesn't just
listen to prayers...and that is why I say under no circumstances
entertain any thought that is not kind and good and loving.

And when we have developed an intimate relationship with our Creator (that
permeates every particle and 'space' in existence)...just
the hint of a thought and He will manifest that for you.
I could not tell you here the seemingly impossible things 'He' has made happen within
an hour of thinking of my 'predicament' !

I tell you sometimes of the $100,000 given to me to pay my mortgage...
I tell you of healings I have facilitated in the ICU, coma, machines keeping them alive ....yet, daily things are
WAY more profound...'impossible things'!

Deadlines, planes to catch, mother suddenly dying, yet, I must have 3-8x10 ft partitions up within 24 hours for an Art Show (what?)...and 'He' lined up every thought in my head to call a particular person for some silly unrelated question who happened to
have 3 partitions laying around, (what?) and she happened to be at work on a Sunday
to help me load them (what?), that fit within the lines by 1/4inch....(what?)
they were up and ready within 3 hrs of finding out I needed them. Absolute perfection.
And that is just one thing...I have a list! Oh, my many stories....

When you love God...but understand, you must know something before you really love them or else you are just loving an idea, an image, the feeling you get when you imagine them;
When you know and love God...'He' essentially becomes a moth to a flame.
The love in your heart is something 'He' simply can not resist.

It is impossible for 'Him'...as it is any lover or father to not give you everything your
little heart desires.

This is something only those that hold 'Him' ever so dearly to themselves know intimately ...
otherwise, this relationship sounds absurd and like a fairy tale, magical and made up.
I know.

** 'He', Who has no gender
All the vitriol of Rafius' post aside, MissH, it does beg the question: If you have this sort of relationship with God, then what do you believe is stopping you from manifesting all this goodness into the lives of those helpless ones who need it the most?

Old 07-26-2016, 11:39 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,415,048 times
Quote:
What a cruel, evil sicko you worship....but I'm sure that as long as he finds your car-key
the next time you lose them, you will consider him deserving of worship.

'The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.'
Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

How very true. Sick! Sick! Sick!
You may be surprised I agree with Mr. Dawkins, 100%
I do not worship that imaginary, made up sicko.
If I am helped finding my next car key I will laugh and smile...not worship.

When a person, any person, not pointing to you personally believes in sin,
limitations, separation, that they are their body, a 'bad' God, all their perceptions will
lead to proof of their beliefs....Christian, Sikh, Jew, atheist...

Just as my beliefs unfold around me.

Your reaction is very common, I understand. I do.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:45 AM

18,505 posts, read 9,181,750 times
Quote:

Agree. It seems like religious people can be some of the most narcissistic people in existence. Who cares about the thousands of people dying of hunger every day...I'm so special that God was more concerned with curing my dandruff.

Old 07-26-2016, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
All the vitriol of Rafius' post aside, MissH, it does beg the question: If you have this sort of relationship with God,
then what do you believe is stopping you from manifesting all this goodness
into the lives of those helpless ones who need it the most?
This question is asked of healers ALL the time.
Let's see...laziness? Human preoccupations?
(I'm not joking, tho, I love to joke!)
Also, their own blocks and loving their own situation...they created it after all.

Like the marriage I spoke of where they fight all the time, but
they stay happily fighting for decades...the thought of divorce is absurd to them!

I know about reincarnation and the learning and growth that happens each time.
The bigot is born African American a few lives til he 'gets it'.
The one that murdered 100s is born in a starving country....and on and on...
Many things are simply out of your every day lover of God's hands, I mean, gee!

Jesus wouldn't even walk into his hometown, remember.
And believe me....you betcha their were plenty of sick people there!
He had that insightful perspective...not many blame him for that decision, btw...
Oops I may have started something!

Edit: Jesus didn't give me anything, btw as others mentioned above...I am overjoyed to
tell people I am given all the good things that come to me.
Hoping it will encourage them to ask and remain open to the 'Universe'...
so they, too, can understand the System here.
I am grateful to joyously have enough to share with others to help, also.
I was probably a starving child 1000s of years ago until I learned a thing or 2...
and my soul grew in wisdom....we are always growing.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
This question is asked of healers ALL the time.
Let's see...laziness? Human preoccupations?
(I'm not joking, tho, I love to joke!)
Also, their own blocks and loving their own situation...they created it after all.

Like the marriage I spoke of where they fight all the time, but
they stay happily fighting for decades...the thought of divorce is absurd to them!

I know about reincarnation and the learning and growth that happens each time.
The bigot is born African American a few lives til he 'gets it'.
The one that murdered 100s is born in a starving country....and on and on...
Many things are simply out of your every day lover of God's hands, I mean, gee!

Jesus wouldn't even walk into his hometown, remember.
And believe me....you betcha their were plenty of sick people there!
He had that insightful perspective...not many blame him for that decision, btw...
Oops I may have started something!

Edit: Jesus didn't give me anything, btw as others mentioned above...I am overjoyed to
tell people I am given all the good things that come to me.
Hoping it will encourage them to ask and remain open to the 'Universe'...
so they, too, can understand the System here.
I am grateful to joyously have enough to share with others to help, also.
I was probably a starving child 1000s of years ago until I learned a thing or 2...
and my soul grew in wisdom....we are always growing.

Have you considered that your own beliefs about people/children experiencing suffering based on past lives could be blocking YOU from manifesting goodness into their lives? I mean, if you actually believe that they NEED to be experiencing such horror as starving to death, then it obviously won't be your heart's desire to alleviate that suffering. So ... what if you are wrong?

Old 07-26-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Have you considered that your own beliefs about people/children experiencing suffering based on past lives could be blocking YOU from manifesting goodness into their lives? I mean, if you actually believe that they NEED to be experiencing such horror as starving to death, then it obviously won't be your heart's desire to alleviate that suffering. So ... what if you are wrong?
I just thought of another "what if". Going with the idea that reincarnation is true, what if YOU are the one who is supposed to be learning a lesson about compassion and caring for those less fortunate than yourself? What if there are suffering people who agreed to come here and suffer so that YOU would notice them and develop a desire to help?

Old 07-26-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
I just thought of another "what if".
Going with the idea that reincarnation is true, what if YOU are the one who is
supposed to be learning a lesson about compassion and caring for those less
fortunate than yourself?
What if there are suffering people who agreed to come here and suffer so that YOU
would notice them and develop a desire to help?
They DO!
Very astute of you!

Old 07-26-2016, 12:45 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,871,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
If there is no god, why the starving kids?
What?? That doesn't even make sense at this time of night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Agree. It seems like religious people can be some of the most narcissistic people in existence. Who cares about the thousands of people dying of hunger every day...I'm so special that God was more concerned with curing my dandruff.
That's Christianity for you. It's all about 'ME'. MY relationship with Jesus; what Jesus does for ME.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity