Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 03:43 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
RIGHT! If someone reached out a hand to help them, the person reaching out the hand would learn what it is to love, and the person who was helped would learn what it is to BE loved.

So, why are you blocked from doing that?
Why are you blocked from manifesting good into their lives?

ETA: I saw in your other post that you say you are not blocked.
But you made it sound like you can't help people because you believe they are
suffering because they need to. Am I misunderstanding?
Yes, you are misunderstanding. Sorry...I know if we were in person this wouldn't be that way.
I never said I 'can't ' help people...that's all I do! LOL!
I'm not blocked from helping people. I'm not sure where you are getting that I wouldn't or don't
or am blocked from 'manifesting good into lives'....I mean if you only knew!

You say that the person reaching 'out a hand would learn what it is to love'...I think
they already do know.
That is why they are expressing love and helping, no?
We should go have a cocktail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2016, 04:30 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
So, it's poor decisions by people. So why do you blame God?
I don't. I have no belief in gods. What I'm doing is called 'DEBATING'. It's an intellectual process that helps to keep the mind sharp....and at my age I need that.

It is not necessary to believe what you debate. That is how debating societies work. I simply accept that your god exists for the purpose of debating you about it's assets, powers, whys and wherefores. I am arguing against the Christian proposal that an omnimax god exists and cares about us. It is a necessary part of the discourse that one side is for and the other side is against otherwise the discussion would simply consist of us agreeing with each other. In the debating society at school I argued for the existence of both unicorns and mermaids. It doesn't require a belief in unicorn and mermaids to do that.

Quote:
The good that Christians do goes largely unnoticed (and rightfully so). From my perspective, I see people giving daily of their time, money & assets to the poor.
Indeed that is so...but so do Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Zoroastrians. There are very many secular organisations doing good work around the world too. So do atheists themselves... me included. What I will say...and from my own personal observations is that atheist tend to do it because they want to whilst many religious organisation lean more toward having an agenda. Soup bowl in one hand, Bible in the other type of thing.

Last edited by Rafius; 07-27-2016 at 04:40 AM..

Old 07-27-2016, 08:22 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
I don't. I have no belief in gods. What I'm doing is called 'DEBATING'. It's an intellectual process that helps to keep the mind sharp....and at my age I need that.

It is not necessary to believe what you debate. That is how debating societies work. I simply accept that your god exists for the purpose of debating you about it's assets, powers, whys and wherefores. I am arguing against the Christian proposal that an omnimax god exists and cares about us. It is a necessary part of the discourse that one side is for and the other side is against otherwise the discussion would simply consist of us agreeing with each other. In the debating society at school I argued for the existence of both unicorns and mermaids. It doesn't require a belief in unicorn and mermaids to do that.

Indeed that is so...but so do Jews, Hindus, Muslims and Zoroastrians. There are very many secular organisations doing good work around the world too. So do atheists themselves... me included. What I will say...and from my own personal observations is that atheist tend to do it because they want to whilst many religious organisation lean more toward having an agenda. Soup bowl in one hand, Bible in the other type of thing.
-So, you're just trolling for a fight.

-Christian's minister like Jesus--first the physical needs, then the spiritual.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:10 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yes, you are misunderstanding. Sorry...I know if we were in person this wouldn't be that way.
I never said I 'can't ' help people...that's all I do! LOL!
I'm not blocked from helping people. I'm not sure where you are getting that I wouldn't or don't
or am blocked from 'manifesting good into lives'....I mean if you only knew!

You say that the person reaching 'out a hand would learn what it is to love'...I think
they already do know.
That is why they are expressing love and helping, no?
We should go have a cocktail.

MissH, this is my first post to you about this:

Quote:
...MissH, it does beg the question: If you have this sort of relationship with God, then what do you believe is stopping you from manifesting all this goodness into the lives of those helpless ones who need it the most?

And you responded with this:

Quote:
This question is asked of healers ALL the time.
Let's see...laziness? Human preoccupations?
(I'm not joking, tho, I love to joke!)
Also, their own blocks and loving their own situation...they created it after all.

Like the marriage I spoke of where they fight all the time, but
they stay happily fighting for decades...the thought of divorce is absurd to them!

I know about reincarnation and the learning and growth that happens each time.
The bigot is born African American a few lives til he 'gets it'.
The one that murdered 100s is born in a starving country....and on and on...
Many things are simply out of your every day lover of God's hands, I mean, gee!

Jesus wouldn't even walk into his hometown, remember.
And believe me....you betcha their were plenty of sick people there!
He had that insightful perspective...not many blame him for that decision, btw...
Oops I may have started something!
This is when I asked you if maybe other people weren't blocking you from manifesting goodness into their lives, but perhaps some of your beliefs about reincarnation might be creating blocks in YOU that are preventing you from helping them.

You said even Jesus wouldn't try to help some people, implying that you were following his lead. Do you see from this where I'm getting the idea that you aren't willing to help some people?

Old 07-27-2016, 10:25 AM

Quote:
-So, you're just trolling for a fight.
No...it's called a debate or a discussion. The only people that see it as a fight are people like Jeff (and you apparently) who think that their beliefs should be exempt from criticism.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:58 AM

20,438 posts, read 12,775,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No...it's called a debate or a discussion. The only people that see it as a fight are people like Jeff (and you apparently) who think that their beliefs should be exempt from criticism.
I'll debate you all day like long, but your MO is degradation.

Old 07-27-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I'll debate you all day like long, but your MO is degradation.
That statement calls for you knowing the workings of my mind. As for you debating me. How about the existence of BibleJesus?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:31 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
Quote:
You said even Jesus wouldn't try to help some people, implying that you
were following his lead.
Do you see from this where I'm getting the idea that you aren't willing to
help some people?
Jesus...nor I can not help someone that does not want to be helped...
I have no block, neither did Jesus...
he had the understanding or the insight to know when not to even bother...
that they had the block.

I was faced with healing a guy that is not just an atheist, but a nasty,
'ripping you a new one' atheist...
I know his desire to debate with venom...we all know him for this.

He wanted me to 'do a healing' on him...BUT without asking me directly for it.
See, I had just healed his 'mean' atheist sister of a congenital pelvic issue (apparently he had it, also).
She went over to tell him...so he came directly to me...telling me about his issue, too,
but not asking me.
I would not touch him..I listened and told him of a PT I know.

See, with the sister...she didn't know I (the Holy Spirit, not me) was healing her, thus,
she put up no conscious block.
I just touched her hip to ask where was her problem...(she came to me because she saw with her own eyes I had just healed a mutual friend of ours, 65, that was
suffering for a long time, weeks, holding her stomach.)

Her brother, however, well, his doubt and challenge was written all over his face.
I would have nothing to do with him.
He would not have been healed and thus...another reason for him not to believe.
Wisely, he scared me to a degree...unleashed, he was a pitbull fighter.

Jesus was known in his hometown and they had heard about his healings...they
started out with doubt...he knew he could do no work there.

Does that explain things better?

Old 07-27-2016, 12:34 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
that they had the block.

See, I had just healed his 'mean' atheist sister of a congenital pelvic issue (apparently he had it, also).
She went over to tell him...so he came directly to me...telling me about his issue, too,
but not asking me.

See, with the sister...she didn't know I (the Holy Spirit, not me) was healing her, thus,
I just touched her hip to ask where was her problem...(she came to me because she saw with her own eyes I had just healed a mutual friend of ours, 65, that was

Her brother, however, well, his doubt and challenge was written all over his face.

But, the issue of starving children was really what was being referred to, not venomous people ... innocent children. You believe they are starving because of karma, which would make them not innocent, so does that mean you wouldn't attempt to manifest what they need into their lives?

Old 07-27-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
that they had the block.

but not asking me.

One can only wonder why you are not fully employed in some hospital curing the incurable.

Do you have any peer-reviewed documentation that deals with your 'miraculous' healing? Or perhaps some newspaper, tv or documentary evidence?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity