Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 06:32 PM

23,242 posts, read 10,531,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Whos isis?

I was just giving the heads up to Iran's supposed kings.

They are so deep in transgression that our Heavenly Father has turned his back on them.

Zatz you are brave.
Though you are not ready just yet.

In The last days an evil force arises out of Northern Syria just as Isis has.

This fight comes on after the overthrow of leaders in an event that had never happened in all Egyptian history or the history of other nations just as it was in the Arab spring.

The last dictator to be thrown down is the king of Syria and it is in his land that the whole world is changed when they suddenly realize that God has now shown his hand.

To say,'' Damascus,'' is almost synonymous to saying,'' Christianity.''

Ephraim was always allied with Damascus and Christianity is still separate from Judea as if in the same situation and Christianity is Ephraim.

Suddenly Damascus is utterly destroyed and at the same time something is happening in Judea and the whole world stops and takes notice and everyone knows that what has happened was of God and a universal religion comes into play when all people have the same religion and all this begins because of an evil force that came out of Northern Syria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 08:08 PM

435 posts, read 251,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Get out?
So you don't know, and haven't found, the verse in Revelation that tells you those in Hades,
the same word Hades (hell, gay KJV) used in Luke 16, get out of Hades?

Old 08-08-2016, 08:34 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you made the choice to become human or it just worked out that way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
There are so many things wrong with this question, it is hard to know where to begin.

This is like the nonsense I often hear from atheists that they didn't get to choose to exist as if that were even a rational possibility. The only choices we have are how to respond to our circumstances and yes by those choices we become what we are. But this is a process that goes back to the beginnings of life 4 billion years ago. Over that long period of time there was an accumulation of information from a trial and error learning process we call evolution in which there were many many different choices resulting in 8.7 million different species. Thus individually we start with an inheritance of this information along with personal innovations and yes we (or rather what "we" were at the time) made choices in the struggle with every cell in response to whatever challenges our environment confronted us with.

But that is a description of how we became a homo sapiens, for I do not accept the presumption that being human is equivalent to this. Our humanity comes from a different heritage transmitted by human communication and yes we chose how to use that information in the self-organization of the mind in an even less deterministic manner than our biological development. And do all choose to be human? No they do not. For whatever reason some are decidedly inhuman.
For whatever reason, thanks.
Quote:
The mistakes of yesterday; and the fears of tomorrow, should never be the deciding factor.
Quote:
The deciding factor is whether we choose to learn from those mistakes of yesterday and how we choose to respond to the fears of tomorrow. But the choices matter because once made they are done and we never return for a do-over.
If, we have learned from our mistakes, then we have the opportunity to change.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:17 PM

595 posts, read 332,895 times
Quote:
If, we have learned from our mistakes, then we have the opportunity to change.
Learning from our mistakes is what life is all about. So what happens when we choose to not learn from our mistakes. When we make this our habit then how can we recover from a mistake like that? This is what it is like to choose death over life -- to choose being consumed by our sins rather than fight against them. If we choose against being aware of our mistakes then how do we change anymore?

Old 08-08-2016, 11:02 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,423,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchellmckain View Post
Learning from our mistakes is what life is all about. So what happens when we choose to not learn from our mistakes. When we make this our habit then how can we recover from a mistake like that? This is what it is like to choose death over life -- to choose being consumed by our sins rather than fight against them. If we choose against being aware of our mistakes then how do we change anymore?
Let go of the victim mentality and don't volunteer anymore.

Old 08-09-2016, 05:11 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
So you don't know, and haven't found, the verse in Revelation that tells you those in Hades,
the same word Hades (hell, gay KJV) used in Luke 16, get out of Hades?
I just showed you where they go when they 'get out' of Hades. Ted Bundy also got out of his cell when they walked him to the electric chair.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:38 AM

435 posts, read 251,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I just showed you where they go when they 'get out' of Hades. Ted Bundy also got out of his cell when they walked him to the electric chair.
Thank you for admitting, instead of your initial questioning, they "get out?" of Hades (HELL).

That was my point, obviously.

Now we've agreed that they "GET OUT OF HELL". Thank you for that!

As for what happens after that, it is another subject entirely. And which i've addresed elsewhere,
a number of times, if you would review my posts.

Thanks so much. God bless you always, evermore & amazingly.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:56 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Thank you for admitting, instead of your initial questioning, they "get out?" of Hades (HELL).

That was my point, obviously.

Now we've agreed that they "GET OUT OF HELL". Thank you for that!

As for what happens after that, it is another subject entirely. And which i've addresed elsewhere,
a number of times, if you would review my posts.

Thanks so much. God bless you always, evermore & amazingly.
My first reply and second one say the same exact thing, and I never agreed on anything. Lets stop with the word twisting.

Let me repeat for the 3rd and final time: unbelievers in Hades are judged and thrown in the lake of fire. If you want to twist that into "so you agree people get out of hell", and leave it at that, then you are doing what universalists always do, which is quite dishonest. You are trying to equate going from bad to worse as "getting out" (being released), which is very different from what the Bible teaches.

Did the papers declare "Ted Bundy Gets Out of Jail", or did they say "Ted Bundy Executed". Saying he got out of jail would be very dishonest, because it leaves the impression he was released, when in fact he was taken out of the jail only to be killed.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 08-09-2016 at 08:58 AM..

Old 08-09-2016, 08:22 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,051,964 times
It's hardly even worth the discussion, universalists do way more harm to the true faith than most unbelievers. They make it "big deal" whether you believe or not, while the Bible says it makes an eternal difference whether you believe in Jesus Christ or not. I can only pray God will have mercy on your soul clement, perhaps you do know Christ, I have no clue, God knows.

What I do know is if you do know Him, that is alot of stubble and hay you are piling on top of the foundation, and worst of all you try to lull people that need salvation into a false sense of security. Christ didn't do that, the Apostles didn't do that, neither did the Prophets.

You'll get cheers from the unbelieving world, sure, everyone wants to feel secure.. people will surely rather hear that God loves them so much and everyone will be saved than the truth. But the truth is everyone needs to repent from their sin and put their faith in Jesus Christ or else certain judgment and eternal damnation will be their destiny forever. Not a popular message, but a true one, for which many people gave their lives.

However a clear sign of a false prophet is that all people speak well of you, just look at the Pope. You can see the same on this forum too, any universalist will be welcomed with open arms by the unbelieving/agape love crowd.. they're the "Christians" the unbelievers like so much, unlike the bad "fundies" that love the truth of God rather than the "agape love", approval and applause of mere mortals that'll be here today and be gone tomorrow. The Word of God endures forever, people need the truth that by nature we are utterly lost sinners that have no hope whatsoever in this world or the next. We should stop looking at theories and the opinions of other human beings, the only hope of salvation and eternal life in heaven is by repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.

Luke 6:26 Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets.

Isaiah 40:6-8 The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:29 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,426,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
It's hardly even worth the discussion, universalists do way more harm to the true faith than most unbelievers. They make it "big deal" whether you believe or not, while the Bible says it makes an eternal difference whether you believe in Jesus Christ or not. I can only pray God will have mercy on your soul clement, perhaps you do know Christ, I have no clue, God knows. [/i]
Are you saying it's not a "big deal" to you whether or not people believe in eternal torment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity