Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2016, 10:12 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,964,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...16&version=KJV

5 foolish 5 wise.

And this is the thread to discuss such matters.
What's so wonderfull is so much room is given.
Ah, so you were moving on to the next parable. I really don't think there is any connection but the sequence in Luke's narration. Why are you looking for esoteric interpretations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 10:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,964,922 times
Quote:
Excellent point.
In context of the verb usage of love i believe desire is also Attributed. This is why i noted sanskrit.
To which we read in
Hosea 6
For I desire (mercy) loving kindness, and not sacrifices, and knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Also reading in psalms 51. And just a sugestion read the entire chapter.

Now If what the agape proponents are illiciting is the love_hatred relationship. I can imagine where they are coming from.

I hope there's no need to reiterate Loving Kindness.
Where can you possibly come up with the idea that those who stress the kind of love Jesus taught are eliciting a love/hate relationship? You seem to be spinning your mind in all directions.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:35 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Excellent point.
In context of the verb usage of love i believe desire is also Attributed. This is why i noted sanskrit.
To which we read in
Hosea 6
For I desire (mercy) loving kindness, and not sacrifices, and knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

Also reading in psalms 51. And just a sugestion read the entire chapter.

Now If what the agape proponents are illiciting is the love_hatred relationship. I can imagine where they are coming from.

I hope there's no need to reiterate Loving Kindness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Where can you possibly come up with the idea that those who stress the kind of love Jesus taught are eliciting a love/hate relationship? You seem to be spinning your mind in all directions.

You'll have to explain yourself, pinacled, because I agree with nate -- what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever.

Old 09-06-2016, 10:41 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,437,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Finally, I don't think "we" talk about OUR love. I talk about LOVE in general, and specifically about the God who IS love. So, perhaps you have gotten the idea that I'm on here bragging about how loving I am. I'm not. My attention is on the belief that GOD IS LOVE, and that the spirit of that God is in every single person, needing to be recognized, focused on, trusted and expressed. Period. It is my intent to lift LOVE up because I DO trust that that is what "saves"/heals and transforms. I may do it clumsily, but it is my motivation, nonetheless.

So, do you have any thoughts about this, Rbbi?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
I just went back through to page 75 and reread all my posts. Why don't you do the same regarding yours, and the other posters to me. Peace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post

God is love. You seem to want to ignore that statement and make this about us, instead. Why do you think that is?
And, again Rbbi, you totally blow off any post that speaks of the God who is love. Does the concept that God is love confound you in some way? If not, why do you seem so repelled and riled up by that one word ... love?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:55 PM

64,015 posts, read 40,319,247 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
You'll have to explain yourself, pinacled, because I agree with nate -- what you're saying makes no sense whatsoever.
I second the request!

Old 09-06-2016, 11:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times
Quote:
Just calling it like I read em.

The agape proponents continuosly open with "God is love", and then close with a hatefilled remark of sorts. Not necessarily in this order, but that's not the point.

I like the spinning comment.
Thankyou it reminded me of an old puzzle of sorts.

Old 09-06-2016, 11:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,830,151 times
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...+2&version=KJV

Do not love the world.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:09 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,744,280 times
Quote:
You know Warden, you just make up lies as you go along. How do YOU KNOW what I would claim was uninspired? You have such a hatred for the "fundies", that you lump them all into one lump to spew your venom out on. Did you bother to notice I said I read all the Apocrypha? No, of course not, because that wouldn't fit your flesh's criteria for hating me. Your flesh's rants followed by your claim I'm denigrating agape love, are especially heart warming.

Demonic way I use scripture? Your flesh is the one using it to suit your own motives, which is witchcraft, by the way = rebellion turned to manipulation. Which is exactly what your flesh is doing by trying to turn people away from G-d's Word.

Please point out where I ever praised Him for murdering entire tribes of people; post number please, if you will. Put up or shut up. We both know which it's going to be.

It's really none of my concern if you know what I mean by peace, since I'm not the one who decided on that. Take it up with Him. If you know Him as you say you do, I'm sure you'll know what He meant by it. Peace
You lie to yourself!!! I'm trying to turn people on to the TRUE Word of God--which has changed from century to century. God is a God of situational ethics. That's why there are contrary verses of Scripture. I do not claim God did not inspire. I claim that men threw their own views into it. You protect a vengeful god--one that resembles the pagans from which many of our OT stories were pulled. Those early Hebrews read and accepted many pagan stories and then put a new spin on them--exactly as God planned it. Once in awhile they got caught up in the emotions of the moment and attributed to God the same crap you do--that He is hateful, vengeful, sitting on His throne waiting to throw lightning bolts at sinners. What garbage you have inhaled and now try to seduce others into thinking only YOU know the truth.

You apparently got nothing from the Apocrypha because it in some cases is the interpretation of the Torah for their current situation. Did that just go by you?

Quote:
Please point out where I ever praised Him for murdering entire tribes of people; post number please, if you will. Put up or shut up. We both know which it's going to be.
You spend all your time glorifying Scripture, yet are unable to see Hebrews justifying their murder as a commandment from God? Have you read in Genesis 34 where those godly men demanded all the pagans in one city be circumcised so they could dwell with them, then murdered all the men while they were still recovering from the "covenant" that had been offered them. You love that god. It is he who dwells in your heart. And you try to smack people with two sides of god--one loving and kind, but also willing that his people be duplicitous and kill unbelievers?

How about this one from Numbers?
Quote:
"Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves."
Numbers 31:17-18
It sounds amazingly exactly like what the pagan nations did when they went to war. I'm certain their god demanded the same.

But I see MEN at work in those writings. MEN. Because my God is bigger than that. But in every age their are people like yourself willing to justify every kind of evil and attribute it to their god. It's happened in this country with a President who sent captured Muslims to Guantanamo Bay to be tortured. And they are kept their by another President failing to live up to his word to close that hell-hole.

You need to listen to NateSwift, I believe a Quaker, who has real knowledge of the Spirit of God speaking.

But your glorification of the Bible as opposed to the real Word, Jesus, shows you to be nothing but an idolator proud of her ability to spin puzzles into that Bible that only you (and maybe Hannibal) can see. A person who has truly studied Scripture is able to see pagan influences and is capable of being spiritually warned about how to understand Scripture.

Do you believe that God could not have prevented men from finding those Dead Sea Scrolls and the alternate interpretations of the OT? Was it Satan, more powerful than God, or perhaps God finally seeing us capable of holding on to our faith despite those influences. Except you deny what God is giving us in the way of current revelation to wrap your whole life up uselessly pursuing something God has left behind. Do you think we would be better off if, 300 years ago men who studied Scripture had not discovered that their are huge discrepancies from one prophet to another, from one prophecy to another, from the way some "historical" events were viewed completely differently by two or more writers? You apparently love stupidity, and think that is the way to a better life as opposed to agape love.

I am the bad cop come from God to set you straight like you are trying to do to all of us. I will not let your deceptions go unchallenged.

The gospel message is simple. It has no secret meanings--those are the inventions of sorceresses. Jesus summed up all of that "divine" OT, by, in so many words, stating "Forget everything you've read and Love God with all your heart and mind and strength, and Love your neighbor as yourself." That's it. Not "believe." And if that is what is in the forefront of a person's mind, then he/she walks with Jesus.

And how you feel about me is exactly how you make most of the others on here feel with the superior tone in those posts. Your allusion to God showing up to give you alone the real message of Scripture -- which sounds a lot like what we've been hearing for the last 40 years from fundamentalists.

So go take a walk around that outer circle and remember deeply what it is like to be there. That's where I am--and why I continue to study to see how people in the OT were often as deluded as you with what God really wants of us.

More hubris in reply? I'm like Jonah. I have little confidence that anything will sink in behind those self-centered eyes. Difference being, if it elicited any change from you, any attempt to truly study and discover, any attempt at truly mulling over the problems our ancestors left us with, I would rejoice. Sulking like Jonah is the fundamentalist method when not getting their own way.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:10 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,744,280 times
Quote:
And be suspicious of all who claim to love God while pointing fingers at perceived sin.

Old 09-07-2016, 04:06 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,393,674 times
Quote:
I do not believe that means do not love anything you see with the physical eye outside of us, but the former old world within that we lived by. You know the one that sees fault in everything but ourselves. Walk in unconditional love and forgiveness towards the world without us and we will not be loving the world we formerly lived by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity