Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2016, 09:53 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Which at least partly explains why you are still so spiritually stunted.
Spiritually stunted?
Interesting.
I saw differently.

Seems to me you are trying a hand at tough love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2016, 10:16 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,273,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
How about the poor? The marginalized? The hungry? The homeless? All the others who have been pooped on by the church? Can we still LOVE them?

Old 09-07-2016, 10:36 AM

37,340 posts, read 28,354,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They might as well say "God is love, but I am hate". Most of the time I don't even read their nonsense anymore.
lol. I have never known anyone in all my born days to be so sensitive as the bible fundamentalist, you call those you look down upon to be sinners all manner of stuff accompanied with threats of hell, and someone calls out your primitive reasoning and you are beating hated upon. You do realize martyrs of all faiths and causes would be ashamed to be associated with such childish reactions.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:45 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
You lie to yourself!!! I'm trying to turn people on to the TRUE Word of God--which has changed from century to century. God is a God of situational ethics. That's why there are contrary verses of Scripture. I do not claim God did not inspire. I claim that men threw their own views into it. You protect a vengeful god--one that resembles the pagans from which many of our OT stories were pulled. Those early Hebrews read and accepted many pagan stories and then put a new spin on them--exactly as God planned it. Once in awhile they got caught up in the emotions of the moment and attributed to God the same crap you do--that He is hateful, vengeful, sitting on His throne waiting to throw lightning bolts at sinners. What garbage you have inhaled and now try to seduce others into thinking only YOU know the truth.

You apparently got nothing from the Apocrypha because it in some cases is the interpretation of the Torah for their current situation. Did that just go by you?

You spend all your time glorifying Scripture, yet are unable to see Hebrews justifying their murder as a commandment from God? Have you read in Genesis 34 where those godly men demanded all the pagans in one city be circumcised so they could dwell with them, then murdered all the men while they were still recovering from the "covenant" that had been offered them. You love that god. It is he who dwells in your heart. And you try to smack people with two sides of god--one loving and kind, but also willing that his people be duplicitous and kill unbelievers?

How about this one from Numbers?
Numbers 31:17-18
It sounds amazingly exactly like what the pagan nations did when they went to war. I'm certain their god demanded the same.

But I see MEN at work in those writings. MEN. Because my God is bigger than that. But in every age their are people like yourself willing to justify every kind of evil and attribute it to their god. It's happened in this country with a President who sent captured Muslims to Guantanamo Bay to be tortured. And they are kept their by another President failing to live up to his word to close that hell-hole.

You need to listen to NateSwift, I believe a Quaker, who has real knowledge of the Spirit of God speaking.

But your glorification of the Bible as opposed to the real Word, Jesus, shows you to be nothing but an idolator proud of her ability to spin puzzles into that Bible that only you (and maybe Hannibal) can see. A person who has truly studied Scripture is able to see pagan influences and is capable of being spiritually warned about how to understand Scripture.

Do you believe that God could not have prevented men from finding those Dead Sea Scrolls and the alternate interpretations of the OT? Was it Satan, more powerful than God, or perhaps God finally seeing us capable of holding on to our faith despite those influences. Except you deny what God is giving us in the way of current revelation to wrap your whole life up uselessly pursuing something God has left behind. Do you think we would be better off if, 300 years ago men who studied Scripture had not discovered that their are huge discrepancies from one prophet to another, from one prophecy to another, from the way some "historical" events were viewed completely differently by two or more writers? You apparently love stupidity, and think that is the way to a better life as opposed to agape love.

I am the bad cop come from God to set you straight like you are trying to do to all of us. I will not let your deceptions go unchallenged.

The gospel message is simple. It has no secret meanings--those are the inventions of sorceresses. Jesus summed up all of that "divine" OT, by, in so many words, stating "Forget everything you've read and Love God with all your heart and mind and strength, and Love your neighbor as yourself." That's it. Not "believe." And if that is what is in the forefront of a person's mind, then he/she walks with Jesus.

And how you feel about me is exactly how you make most of the others on here feel with the superior tone in those posts. Your allusion to God showing up to give you alone the real message of Scripture -- which sounds a lot like what we've been hearing for the last 40 years from fundamentalists.

So go take a walk around that outer circle and remember deeply what it is like to be there. That's where I am--and why I continue to study to see how people in the OT were often as deluded as you with what God really wants of us.

More hubris in reply? I'm like Jonah. I have little confidence that anything will sink in behind those self-centered eyes. Difference being, if it elicited any change from you, any attempt to truly study and discover, any attempt at truly mulling over the problems our ancestors left us with, I would rejoice. Sulking like Jonah is the fundamentalist method when not getting their own way.

I see no point in answering your hate filled agape love rant, paragraph by paragraph. I don't believe you have the Spirit of G-d and you have thrown away His Word. As such, the only thing left to do is pray for you. Repent while you still have time to. Peace

Old 09-07-2016, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And, again Rbbi, you totally blow off any post that speaks of the God who is love. Does the concept that God is love confound you in some way? If not, why do you seem so repelled and riled up by that one word ... love?

I'm not riled up by it at all. I write about what I feel led to write. Peace

Old 09-07-2016, 10:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,948,774 times
Caiming that assertions of God's love are motivated by hate seems to be the defense they have set up to keep from paying attention to the words of Jesus rather than their pride filled "special knowledge."

Old 09-07-2016, 10:57 AM

You must have missed the part about mysteries, and hidden manna? Peace

Pro 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:12 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
How about the poor? The marginalized? The hungry? The homeless? All the others who have been pooped on by the church? Can we still LOVE them?
I hope everyone will.
Look to your imediate family and find Lazarus there.

Old 09-07-2016, 11:21 AM

23,238 posts, read 10,518,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
OK, but the Lord of Darkness' protections are only valid for 2 weeks,(so much on his plate these days) so please try to have your God complete this within that time. Otherwise, I'll hold you personally responsible for any damage I might incur.

What part of North Caroline did you say you lived in John? I said the angel told me it had to go through California and what was it? The next day Califorinia had a 5.6 with no damage, no injury, and then Texas lit up, then Alabama, and now an earthquake in North Carolina.

Earthquake north of Cherokee, NC

Posted: Sep 06, 2016 4:56 PM CDT <em class="wnDate">Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:56 PM EDT</em>Updated: Sep 06, 2016 4:56 PM CDT <em class="wnDate">Tuesday, September 6, 2016 5:56 PM EDT</em>time.prefixdate:before{content:'Posted: ';}time.prefixdate:before{content:'Updated: ';}
By Kendra Kent

According to USGS, a 2.4 magnitude earthquake struck about 8 miles north of Cherokee, NC on Tuesday afternoon around 2:30 p.m. However, some folks may have actually felt this one!
A 2.4 magnitude is right on the edge of something you'd really notice. It's not a strong quake, but you could notice subtle shaking

Friday, September 02, 2016 09:36PM
FERNDALE, Calif. (KGO) --
A 5.6 magnitude earthquake just struck off the coast near Ferndale in Humboldt County.

Did you feel the shaking under your feet John?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 09-07-2016 at 11:32 AM..

Old 09-07-2016, 11:29 AM

Birth pangs. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity