Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 12:56 PM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times

Advertisements

So you take some friend to church and all the sudden the guy cries and he decides to believe in Christ. He repents and begins to try and walk as Jesus walked.

Is he suddenly born again or is being born again something you have to strive to achieve?

Galatians

My children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you.

What is the difference between Paul's child and the child of Jesus to be formed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 01:44 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,787,613 times
The son of man says; He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these because I go to the Father and whatever you ask in my name I will do so the Father is glorified in the son.

While you have the light, believe in the light and you will become a child of light.

Old 08-21-2016, 02:49 PM

9,691 posts, read 10,027,043 times
There should be no difference between Children of Paul which many believe in the doctrines from Pentecost Holy spirit gifts and the Children of Christ , as Christ is the Holy Spirit ............... See there are many different levels of Christ people and church will go , and then there are many believer who are weak in Christ who will lead to legalism were the bible is God , or the leaders or the church is their God , ....But when People follow the authorship of Jesus Christ , which Jesus gave the gift of travailing labor spirit to believers to pray that Christ is formed in them which helps Christians grow stronger in believers who have this prayer on their lives ..........Then there are some who reject the teaching of apostle Paul and then who be the lesser critics of Jesus Christ , but still can be saved to Jesus with out the blessing in the Lord until they go on to heaven , which is their tolerances level which Jesus knows of Bible only churches and church only believers, who are saved but do use church theology and not dominated by the bible ...............Jesus knows about different theology and says He has a plan for all when they have repented in faith to Jesus and His identity

Old 08-21-2016, 04:49 PM

I see the son of Paul and the son of Jesus as the son of Elijah and the son of Elisha.

But then I would say that I was the gentile woman who took in the spirit of Elijah and I already had a son.

In my crazy imagination, the spirit of Elijah came to me and I already had a spiritual seed inside me when he came, and after Elijah came, that child eventually died but Elijah resurrected him.

I think people then come to the crossing over into Elisha, becoming a new creature in Christ and then they are given a miracle son and that son also dies and says,'' My head, My head, my head, my head.''
A head wound as it were, and then he is healed from his head wound.

Curious.

Ramblings of a madman.

Old 08-21-2016, 05:59 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,204,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
So you take some friend to church and all the sudden the guy cries and he decides to believe in Christ. He repents and begins to try and walk as Jesus walked.

Is he suddenly born again or is being born again something you have to strive to achieve?

Galatians

My children, for whom I am again in the pains of childbirth until Christ is formed in you.

What is the difference between Paul's child and the child of Jesus to be formed?
It's a figure of speech. He was referring to them as "my children" out of love and concern for him. We don't become children of Paul -- we are children of God by faith in Christ.

Old 08-21-2016, 07:55 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
It's a figure of speech. He was referring to them as "my children" out of love and concern for him. We don't become children of Paul -- we are children of God by faith in Christ.
We don't become anyone's children, we already are God's children. We can deny it by changing our state of heart and mind, but we cannot change it.

Old 08-21-2016, 10:16 PM

There are two sons of oil.

Who are they?

Revelation 11

And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. 4These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

There are two sons of oil standing on either side of the throne and that throne is inside the Temple and you are the Temple where there is 2 great olive trees on either side.

2 sons.

These are the two witnesses, the blood and the water that spilled out of Jesus when from his own body, a bride has come.

2 sons.

On Either side of what?

Old 08-21-2016, 10:33 PM

When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

I am convinced that these two she bears have a role in teaching us what happens after the division occurs between Elijah and Elisha.

What could two she bears represent other than two very protective mothers?

If mothers, then what are their names and who are the two sons they protect?

Old 08-21-2016, 11:48 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,049,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

I am convinced that these two she bears have a role in teaching us what happens after the division occurs between Elijah and Elisha.

What could two she bears represent other than two very protective mothers?

If mothers, then what are their names and who are the two sons they protect?

Just throwing this out there, but bear runs into a meaning of "slow moving" (not moving in the Spirit) and is why David had to kill a bear. We all have bears to kill. Peace

Old 08-22-2016, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Just throwing this out there, but bear runs into a meaning of "slow moving" (not moving in the Spirit) and is why David had to kill a bear. We all have bears to kill. Peace

Cubs are born toothless, blind, and bald. The cubs of brown bears, usually born in litters of one to three, will typically stay with the mother for two full seasons. They feed on their mother's milk through the duration of their relationship with their mother, although as the cubs continue to grow, nursing becomes less frequent and cubs learn to begin hunting with the mother. They will remain with the mother for about three years, until she enters the next cycle of estrus and drives the cubs off. Bears will reach sexual maturity in five to seven years. Male bears, especially polar and brown bears, will kill and sometimes devour cubs born to another father to induce a female to breed again

Female bears are often successful in driving off males in protection of their cubs, despite being rather smaller.

Chances are, if it is two she bears then she is known for her veracity of her protection of her cubs.

I would say that nature itself came out against anyone who would stand against the two sons that Elisha stood for in that he had become as two olive trees standing on either side. In body he gave birth and in spirit he gave birth.

There is nothing in the world more dangerous than a she bear with a cub.

2 she bears, 2 mothers as far as I see it, but I am often blind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity