Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have to come up boldly to the throne of grace every year so that a decision is made on your h
Yes, Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven on our behalf for these days 5 41.67%
No, that's all done away with 6 50.00%
Maybe 2 16.67%
I just wanted to go see the reapers, my head, my head, my head. 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,803,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Link says no page matching found. Just FYI....Peace
Typical errror I presume.
Possibly a servor crash. No worrys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 06:05 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
SEE How Jews prepare for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur? They know how important it is to receive the seal in your forehead and right hand.

Monday, September 5, 2016

2 Elul, 5776

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.htm

Elul Observances
As the last month of the Jewish year, Elul is traditionaly a time of introspection and stocktaking -- a time to review one's deeds and spiritual progress over the past year and prepare for the upcoming "Days of Awe" of Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur.
As the month of Divine Mercy and Forgiveness (see "Today in Jewish History" for Elul 1) it is a most opportune time for teshuvah ("return" to G-d), prayer, charity, and increased Ahavat Yisrael (love for a fellow Jew) in the quest for self-improvement and coming closer to G-d. Chassidic master Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi likens the month of Elul to a time when "the king is in the field" and, in contrast to when he is in the royal palace, "everyone who so desires is permitted to meet him, and he receives them all with a cheerful countenance and shows a smiling face to them all."
Specific Elul customs include the daily sounding of the shofar (ram's horn) as a call to repentance. The Baal Shem Tov instituted the custom of reciting three additional chapters of Psalms each day, from the 1st of Elul until Yom Kippur (on Yom Kippur the remaining 36 chapters are recited, thereby completing the entire book of Psalms). Click below to view today's Psalms.
Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6

>>>>>>>>>>>Elul is also the time to have one's tefillin and mezuzot checked by an accredited scribe to ensure that they are in good condition and fit for use.''<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The obligation of tefillin, as expounded by the Oral Law, is mentioned four times in the Torah: twice when recalling The Exodus from Egypt:
And it shall be for a sign for you upon your hand, and for a memorial between your eyes, that the law of the Lord may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand did the Lord bring you out of Egypt.
— Exodus 13:9
And it shall be for a sign upon your hand, and as totafot between your eyes; for with a mighty hand did the Lord bring us forth out of Egypt.
— Exodus 13:16
and twice in the shema passages:
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your arm, and they shall be as totafot between your eyes.
— Deuteronomy 6:8
You shall put these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall tie them for a sign upon your arm, and they shall be as totafot between your eyes.
— Deuteronomy 11:18

Jews are getting prepared for Rosh Hashanah that they must have the mark in their forehead and right hand against Yom Kippur, so that they are sealed against Yom Kippur because they keep the Sabbaths and feasts of God.

EVERY YEAR On Rosh Hashanah YOUR NAME IS SPOKEN, and YOU have to be marked and sealed in your forehead and right hand, EVERY YEAR.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:54 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
SEE How Jews prepare for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur? They know how important it is to receive the seal in your forehead and right hand.

Monday, September 5, 2016

2 Elul, 5776

Jewish Calendar - Hebrew Calendar

Elul Observances
As the last month of the Jewish year, Elul is traditionaly a time of introspection and stocktaking -- a time to review one's deeds and spiritual progress over the past year and prepare for the upcoming "Days of Awe" of Rosh HaShanah and Yom Kippur.
As the month of Divine Mercy and Forgiveness (see "Today in Jewish History" for Elul 1) it is a most opportune time for teshuvah ("return" to G-d), prayer, charity, and increased Ahavat Yisrael (love for a fellow Jew) in the quest for self-improvement and coming closer to G-d. Chassidic master Rabbi Schneur Zalman of Liadi likens the month of Elul to a time when "the king is in the field" and, in contrast to when he is in the royal palace, "everyone who so desires is permitted to meet him, and he receives them all with a cheerful countenance and shows a smiling face to them all."
Specific Elul customs include the daily sounding of the shofar (ram's horn) as a call to repentance. The Baal Shem Tov instituted the custom of reciting three additional chapters of Psalms each day, from the 1st of Elul until Yom Kippur (on Yom Kippur the remaining 36 chapters are recited, thereby completing the entire book of Psalms). Click below to view today's Psalms.
Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Chapter 6

>>>>>>>>>>>Elul is also the time to have one's tefillin and mezuzot checked by an accredited scribe to ensure that they are in good condition and fit for use.''<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The obligation of tefillin, as expounded by the Oral Law, is mentioned four times in the Torah: twice when recalling The Exodus from Egypt:
And it shall be for a sign for you upon your hand, and for a memorial between your eyes, that the law of the Lord may be in your mouth; for with a strong hand did the Lord bring you out of Egypt.
— Exodus 13:9
And it shall be for a sign upon your hand, and as totafot between your eyes; for with a mighty hand did the Lord bring us forth out of Egypt.
— Exodus 13:16
and twice in the shema passages:
And you shall bind them as a sign upon your arm, and they shall be as totafot between your eyes.
— Deuteronomy 6:8
You shall put these words of mine on your heart and on your soul; and you shall tie them for a sign upon your arm, and they shall be as totafot between your eyes.
— Deuteronomy 11:18

Jews are getting prepared for Rosh Hashanah that they must have the mark in their forehead and right hand against Yom Kippur, so that they are sealed against Yom Kippur because they keep the Sabbaths and feasts of God.

EVERY YEAR On Rosh Hashanah YOUR NAME IS SPOKEN, and YOU have to be marked and sealed in your forehead and right hand, EVERY YEAR.

And we have Christians running around worrying about computer chips... Is it any wonder the Jews don't believe they know Him? Peace

Old 09-05-2016, 09:27 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No, he is using his God-given intelligence and the Gospel (Good News) of Jesus the Christ to interpret the Bible and cast out the human corruptions and misinterpretations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Unfortunately you have yet to even let go of a preconceived attempt. One which has no amount of fruition.
Of course our Lord gave you reasoning faculties. But you still wander with a denial of thirst. even a babe knows where to draw milk. Where to go for bread. And once weened where to find meat.
But fruit meat is out of your reach for the accolade comes from repentance first.
I would Love to give you a testimony but you continue in to strive.
I know where you are I have been there. And it will only lead to confusion.
I am the most UNCONFUSED person on this forum, Pin. It does not speak well of you or Rbbi or Hannibal that you cannot see the utter barbarity that you so cavalierly accept as if it was from God. I pray for you all.

Old 09-05-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
I am the most UNCONFUSED person on this forum, Pin. It does not speak well of you or Rbbi or Hannibal that you cannot see the utter barbarity that you so cavalierly accept as if it was from God. I pray for you all.

You Mean the Old Testament?

You mean the commandments of God?

Old 09-05-2016, 10:10 PM

http://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/...date=9/10/2016

Shabbat, September 10, 2016

7 Elul, 5776

Shoftim: Deuteronomy 16:18 - 21:9
Isaiah 51:12 - 52:12

Moses' parents remarry (1394 BCE)
Amram and Jocheved had separated because of Pharaoh's decree that all male Jewish babies be killed. Prompted by their six-year-old daughter Miriam's rebuke ("Pharaoh decreed against the males; you decreed against the males and the females") they remarried on the 7th of Elul of the year 2367 from creation (1394 BCE). Moses was born six months and one day later on Adar 7, 2368 (Talmud, Sotah 12b).

Spies die (1312 BCE)
The Spies who slandered the Land of Israel died in the desert (Talmud, Sotah 35a; see Numbers 13-14 and text and links for Av 9 and Av 15).

The spies who slandered the Lord died in the desert.

Old 09-05-2016, 11:15 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times
Yes, they did. All done for our example. Peace

Old 09-05-2016, 11:57 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
And we have Christians running around worrying about computer chips...
Is it any wonder the Jews don't believe they know Him? Peace
No, you do not have Christians running around worrying.
And, personally, I could careless what anyone thinks.

"Without love, you are nothing but a clanging cymbal."

Old 09-06-2016, 11:29 AM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You Mean the Old Testament?
You mean the commandments of God?
I mean your failure to learn anything from Jesus and actually USE that knowledge to interpret what our ignorant, barbaric, and superstitious ancestors interpreted. You seem unaffected by the tremendous love Jesus displayed by enduring our ancestors' ignorant brutality. "Forgive them they know not what they do." " No greater love . . ." You actually think He was appeasing God in some way!!! Such barbaric reasoning is unbelievable in the 21st century.

Old 09-06-2016, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I mean your failure to learn anything from Jesus and actually USE that knowledge to interpret what our ignorant, barbaric, and superstitious ancestors interpreted. You seem unaffected by the tremendous love Jesus displayed by enduring our ancestors' ignorant brutality. "Forgive them they know not what they do." " No greater love . . ." You actually think He was appeasing God in some way!!! Such barbaric reasoning is unbelievable in the 21st century.
I read the law and the prophets different as you do, I read it as Paul read it where when it is speaking about oxen, it is not really speaking of oxen but what was written was for us in how we thresh and reap. You see flesh, I read spirit. You see a God who wanted blood sacrifices and I see a God who never wanted sacrifices but he only wanted you to love mercy, to do justly and to walk humbly with your God.

You read the bible just as the Jews read the bible, by flesh.

There is nothing more beautiful than the commandments of God, you see something barbaric and I see a God betrothing himself to humans and giving ghem children of God.

May the good Lord open your eyes to how beautiful the law really is, it is the tree of life and those who walk in it walk in it walk in abundant life.

Just as Jesus says,'' those who keep the law and teach others to keep the law will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.''

Me and Jesus agree about the beauty of the law especially where he explains how the whole law can be summed up as loving thy neighbor as you love youself because the law just teaches love and mercy, that same mercy people claim from a man who loved and walked in the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity