Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have to come up boldly to the throne of grace every year so that a decision is made on your h
Yes, Jesus went to officiate the priesthood in heaven on our behalf for these days 5 41.67%
No, that's all done away with 6 50.00%
Maybe 2 16.67%
I just wanted to go see the reapers, my head, my head, my head. 3 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:37 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I read the law and the prophets different as you do, I read it as Paul read it where when it is speaking about oxen, it is not really speaking of oxen but what was written was for us in how we thresh and reap. You see flesh, I read spirit. You see a God who wanted blood sacrifices and I see a God who never wanted sacrifices but he only wanted you to love mercy, to do justly and to walk humbly with your God.

You read the bible just as the Jews read the bible, by flesh.

There is nothing more beautiful than the commandments of God, you see something barbaric and I see a God betrothing himself to humans and giving ghem children of God.

May the good Lord open your eyes to how beautiful the law really is, it is the tree of life and those who walk in it walk in it walk in abundant life.

Just as Jesus says,'' those who keep the law and teach others to keep the law will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.''

Me and Jesus agree about the beauty of the law especially where he explains how the whole law can be summed up as loving thy neighbor as you love youself because the law just teaches love and mercy, that same mercy people claim from a man who loved and walked in the law.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2016, 09:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,347,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I read the law and the prophets different as you do, I read it as Paul read it where when it is speaking about oxen, it is not really speaking of oxen but what was written was for us in how we thresh and reap. You see flesh, I read spirit. You see a God who wanted blood sacrifices and I see a God who never wanted sacrifices but he only wanted you to love mercy, to do justly and to walk humbly with your God.

You read the bible just as the Jews read the bible, by flesh.

There is nothing more beautiful than the commandments of God, you see something barbaric and I see a God betrothing himself to humans and giving them children of God.

May the good Lord open your eyes to how beautiful the law really is, it is the tree of life and those who walk in it walk in it walk in abundant life.

Just as Jesus says,'' those who keep the law and teach others to keep the law will be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.''

Me and Jesus agree about the beauty of the law especially where he explains how the whole law can be summed up as loving thy neighbor as you love yourself because the law just teaches love and mercy, that same mercy people claim from a man who loved and walked in the law.
In fairness, we also see a God who never wanted sacrifices.
But which law protected the innocent from being murdered?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:06 PM

23,130 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
In fairness, we also see a God who never wanted sacrifices.
But which law protected the innocent from being murdered?
The innocent is always murdered, would you take that away?

Old 09-06-2016, 10:22 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,428 times
Nitzevet, Mother of David - The bold voice of silence - Biblical Women

Old 09-07-2016, 11:54 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,040,762 times

Old 09-07-2016, 06:15 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Btfsplk-Resurrection- The Good-hearted Jinx

Old 09-07-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Didn't read all that but one thing that caught my eye is somebody being called,'' A Good Samaritan.''

Just rambling to have something to say, but do you know what a good Samaritan is? This idiom is used by people all the time as if some stranger stops to help you and SUPPOSEDLY, he is a good Samaritan but that is not a good Samaritan, for the whole world to use this phrase wrongly is a shame, and yet we hear people calling other people a good Samaritan all day long.

I saw one case of a good Samaritan that may compare in it's story, but the good Samaritan is always about religion and you can't really compare it unless you speak of Judea and Samaria.

I did however see a black woman hovering over a member of the K.K.K. as other blacks wanted to use violence on that K.K.K. member and that black woman coming to his rescue was enough to make a grown man cry.

That is an example of a good Samaritan, there has to be a HUGE Issue of two rivals that wont even eat with each other. A Samaritan living in the land of Joseph, in the houses of the lost kingdom of Ephraim. In 722 B.C. the king of Assyria came and took the people of Joseph out of their houses and then he brought sons of Esau and Ishmael and filled those empty houses, not only filling the houses in flesh, but also in spirit, and Christianity occupies the same land, the same land as Palestine today in the land of Joseph.

The king of Assyria put these new people in the houses of the kingdom of Ephraim called,'' Israel,'' and for 700 years they claimed to be,'' THE NEW ISRAEL.''

WHAT IS SO IRRITATING IS A PERSON CLAIMING TO BE A NEW ISRAEL TO JEWS, A SAMARITAN. They are the supposed New Israel who happens to be the greatest enemy of Israel, the Jews.

But Jews did not eat with Samaritans and they were the greatest rivals of all because they were living there for 700 years mocking the Jews and saying,'' We are the New Israel,'' and you can imagine if you were a Jew living next to these people for 700 years being your enemy and your fake friend when it was of benefit to them, that was SERIOUSLY irritating and how they later joined a council against the Jews all the while saying,'' We are the new Israel.'' Those same people sided with Hitler and are still calling for the destruction of Israel.

That woman at the well came to Jesus saying,'' OUR FATHER JACOB built this well,'' and imagine how irritating this would be to hear when you know for sure that her father was not Jacob and she is making a claim that she is the new Israel.

Christianity did this same thing for the same reasons, just as the first ten tribes changed their Holy place and holy days, so too were the Samaritans taught. Then came Christianity and they changed the Holy city and their holy days because they had to separate from the Jews. Then came Mohammed in the religion of those Samaritans and now they had a Messiah just as she told Jesus,'' We too wait on a Messiah.''

Mohammed began with Jerusalem and keeping Passover, Shavuot and Sukkot but when the Jews wouldn't accept him as a Messiah, he also changed his city and his feasts days as Christianity had, as the Samaritans had, as the ten lost tribes were the father of these 3.

A Samaritan is a Christian or a Muslim or a Palestinian whose people HATE JEWS, but even though there is so much hate between two great enemies, The Christian comes and picks the Jew up, the Muslim comes and picks the Jew up, the Palestinian comes and picks the Jew up, and that is a good Samaritan.

Whoever is of the other kingdom, the one who helps the Jew in the southern kingdom is a good Samaritan.

There are two kingdoms, and one kingdom is called the evil kingdom and it's evil is it's desperate separation from the kingdom of God in Jerusalem amongst Jews in Judea.

Ezekiel 37
'' I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.

Amos
The Destruction of Israel
…7"Are you not as the sons of Ethiopia to Me, O sons of Israel?" declares the LORD. "Have I not brought up Israel from the land of Egypt, And the Philistines from Caphtor and the Arameans from Kir? 8"Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are on the sinful kingdom, And I will destroy it from the face of the earth; Nevertheless, I will not totally destroy the house of Jacob," Declares the LORD.

There has always been two kingdoms in the world, always.

Before Moses there was a Moses somewhere else where one people enslaved another people and those people bend their knee to God and call out his name and God is found. A Messiah is sent to bring them out and to be one people under God and many people from the evil kingdom will join them and you will have a mixed multitude coming out of a city.

For 2000 years the Jews have been persecuted and killed, forced to convert, holocaust committed against them at the hands of Christians. At the hands of Constantine and Martin Luther they were treated as dogs and not being able to own land and this has been the way but just as God showed his hand in Egypt at the crossing over of the sea, he is going to bring all nations up to justice, Every single Samaritan will be judged whether Christian or Muslim, they will be judged how they treated the Jews and this is Rosh Hashanah.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I Love elephants. It's amazing how much they express their bonds.
Even in mourning.

You know I was also thinking of something just now.
I love the phrase honey moon.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
I Love elephants. It's amazing how much they express their bonds.
Even in mourning.

You know I was also thinking of something just now.
I love the phrase honey moon.
The greatest dream I ever had was standing on a rooftop, the roof top had a little window on the second floor leading into the attic, I watched from the roof as alien spaceships were dropping bombs and I saw the fire and thunder from a great spiritual warfare. It was a great war against humans on the earth from the Babylonian army waging war against Zion.

I was so afraid and I thought to myself that everyone would die and then as I was standing on the roof worried, I saw a great light pass over my head and it was traveling very fast and then it made a left U-turn and headed straight at me. I could see that it was a great elephant and it was grinning at me like a cur dog, the elephant was so swollen with water and I knew that it would
Fly between my feet and enter the little window on the roof. I thought to myself that the elephant would never get in that window because she was so big snd swollen and the window was so small. But the elephant came flying right in that little window and when it did, it exploded with water into the atmosphere and it put out everh fire from the great spitual war, and all i could think about for days was the grin on that elephants face............It was dumbo.

No, really, true story.

Old 09-07-2016, 10:18 PM

ראש השנה - Rosh Hashanah - Awakening to Judgment
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity