Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 07:38 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,083,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
A prophet prophesies. Daniel prophesied. Therefore Daniel was a prophet and was recognized as such by Jesus who did indeed refer to Daniel's prophecy.
Matthew 24:15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
No, Jesus did not refer to Daniel...The author that wrote it did...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 07:44 PM

33,331 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
A prophet prophesies. Daniel prophesied. Therefore Daniel was a prophet and was recognized as such by Jesus who did indeed refer to Daniel's prophecy.
Matthew 24:15 “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
No, Jesus did not refer to Daniel...The author that wrote it did...
Jesus referred to Daniel and the writer of Matthew recorded it. Jesus referred to Daniel whether you like it or not. But just go on believing whatever helps you sleep at night. We're done here.

Old 09-12-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Jesus referred to Daniel and the writer of Matthew recorded it. Jesus referred to Daniel whether you like it or not. But just go on believing whatever helps you sleep at night. We're done here.
We're done..lol...Typical Mike...I notice you do this when someone brings logic to the table...You're wrong, you know it, but you can't admit it publicly....

Old 09-14-2016, 08:11 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,176,993 times
We are still in the age of grace which will continue until the "body of Christ" those with the Spirit indwelling are taken out in the rapture. Then comes the Tribulation the wrath of God and also the wrath of Lucifer.......and those still here will have no doubt what's going on.

Anything having to do with Revelation trumpets etc before the rapture is to be ignored........

Old 09-14-2016, 09:16 AM

23,216 posts, read 10,508,445 times
And where is this 7 years of Tribulation again?

Who is the tribulation for?

You know what is so funny to me is that when you post a quote about the kings of the earth gathering the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of Jews, Christians say,'' O YEAH, That is about me, I am the Jew, the true Israel.''

Then you post a scripture about Jerusalem being taken, and suddenly the Christians are no longer the Jews, and they are no longer Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14
For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city.

Old 09-14-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
And where is this 7 years of Tribulation again?

Who is the tribulation for?

You know what is so funny to me is that when you post a quote about the kings of the earth gathering the wealth of the world to sit at the feet of Jews, Christians say,'' O YEAH, That is about me, I am the Jew, the true Israel.''

Then you post a scripture about Jerusalem being taken, and suddenly the Christians are no longer the Jews, and they are no longer Jerusalem.

Zechariah 14
For I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city.

Gotta to love it, huh?...

Old 09-14-2016, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
We are still in the age of grace which will continue until the "body of Christ" those with the Spirit indwelling are taken out in the rapture. Then comes the Tribulation the wrath of God and also the wrath of Lucifer.......and those still here will have no doubt what's going on.

Anything having to do with Revelation trumpets etc before the rapture is to be ignored........
Hmmm...

Romans 11:25

I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in,

So, where is this in relation to your rapture theory?...

Old 09-14-2016, 11:07 AM

Quote:

Jesus referred to the abomination of desolation standing inside YOU Mike.

''LET THE READER UNDERSTAND.''

Jesus just got through showing how he was the temple and how WE ARE the Temple and then he shows that abomination of desolation referring to Antiochus Epiphanies who was the Anti-Christ of Daniel.

What did this antichrist do, what was his mission?

Anti-Christ tries to turn Israel away from the commandments of God. Antiochus built a nude gymnasium for the youth to come and to be like the other nations in their revelry and separation from God. The main goal of Antiochus was to change the times and the seasons so that people stopped keeping the 7 feast days of God and they began turning away from God because of this Anti-law, lawless anti Christ man of sin and he almost succeeded in his evil plan until a great rebellion rose up amongst the Jews and thwarted the plan of Antiochus to institute paganism within the temple of God.

But where that Antichrist failed, Jesus knew that another antichrist would succeed and so he has, and so we were warned of this very thing in Thessalonians where we are told that a great falling away from God would occur, lawlessness would abound, the times and seasons of God would be forgotten and people would not know their own visitation days of Messiah.

Where Paul stood up and said,'' WE HAVE NO FEAR of Christ coming to us like a thief in the night BECAUSE we know the times and seasons.''

That was then when Paul went about teaching Torah to gentiles and teaching them the times and seasons of the visitation days of God so that we were not children of darkness, but we were children of light and we know the days of the Lord so as to watch and know.

This Anti-Christ of Daniel failed, but where he failed others have come and done away with the times and the seasons, they have done away with all respect of the Torah and they have even managed to stand against God and everything that is called of God or that is worshipped in his commandments and in his worship system.

Now there is an abomination standing in everyone's temple, '' LET THE READER UNDERSTAND.''

It is not longer Christ ruling, it is somebody else, somebody else with a lawless spirit to turn people away from the commandments of God and his worship system.

The Jews are the only ones committed to staying home with the father, and they have been persecuted all this time because they are the only ones with respect of the commandments and ways of God, and yet God is going to rapture the very people who have been persecuting the people of the commandments?

I see a tribulation coming, but it is coming against those who stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped. God is coming to avenge his people who have been persecuted for keeping his commandments and this is a frightful thing.

Anti-Christ separates people from following their God and he has done an excellent job of this, a statue is standing, an unclean thing has been brought up to the temple of our God.

Old 09-14-2016, 11:37 AM

33,331 posts, read 26,541,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Jesus referred to the abomination of desolation standing inside YOU Mike.

''LET THE READER UNDERSTAND.''

Jesus just got through showing how he was the temple and how WE ARE the Temple and then he shows that abomination of desolation referring to Antiochus Epiphanies who was the Anti-Christ of Daniel.

What did this antichrist do, what was his mission?

Anti-Christ tries to turn Israel away from the commandments of God. Antiochus built a nude gymnasium for the youth to come and to be like the other nations in their revelry and separation from God. The main goal of Antiochus was to change the times and the seasons so that people stopped keeping the 7 feast days of God and they began turning away from God because of this Anti-law, lawless anti Christ man of sin and he almost succeeded in his evil plan until a great rebellion rose up amongst the Jews and thwarted the plan of Antiochus to institute paganism within the temple of God.

But where that Antichrist failed, Jesus knew that another antichrist would succeed and so he has, and so we were warned of this very thing in Thessalonians where we are told that a great falling away from God would occur, lawlessness would abound, the times and seasons of God would be forgotten and people would not know their own visitation days of Messiah.

Where Paul stood up and said,'' WE HAVE NO FEAR of Christ coming to us like a thief in the night BECAUSE we know the times and seasons.''

That was then when Paul went about teaching Torah to gentiles and teaching them the times and seasons of the visitation days of God so that we were not children of darkness, but we were children of light and we know the days of the Lord so as to watch and know.

This Anti-Christ of Daniel failed, but where he failed others have come and done away with the times and the seasons, they have done away with all respect of the Torah and they have even managed to stand against God and everything that is called of God or that is worshipped in his commandments and in his worship system.

Now there is an abomination standing in everyone's temple, '' LET THE READER UNDERSTAND.''

It is not longer Christ ruling, it is somebody else, somebody else with a lawless spirit to turn people away from the commandments of God and his worship system.

The Jews are the only ones committed to staying home with the father, and they have been persecuted all this time because they are the only ones with respect of the commandments and ways of God, and yet God is going to rapture the very people who have been persecuting the people of the commandments?

I see a tribulation coming, but it is coming against those who stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped. God is coming to avenge his people who have been persecuted for keeping his commandments and this is a frightful thing.

Anti-Christ separates people from following their God and he has done an excellent job of this, a statue is standing, an unclean thing has been brought up to the temple of our God.
''Jesus referred to the abomination of desolation standing inside YOU Mike.''

As I told you in post #49 Hannibal, I don't agree with your allegorical methodology. It is not a valid method of interpretation. I'll repeat myself below.

The wholesale allegorization of the Bible which you engage in is a very poor method of interpretation which only leads to many problems.

Quoting Milton S. Terry, J. Dwight Pentecost writes regarding the danger of allegorical method;
. . . It will be noticed at once that its habit is to disregard the common signification of words and give wing to all manner of fanciful speculation. It does not draw out the legitimate meaning of an author's language, but foists into it whatever the whim or fancy of an interpreter may desire. As a system, therefore, it puts itself beyond all well-defined principles and laws.

Things to Come, J. Dwight Pentecost, p. 5
And this is what you do Hannibal. You have adopted the allegorical method of interpretation and foist onto Scriptural passages meanings which the authors never intended. Saying that the woman is me, and that I am in the 42 months is nothing more than your own personal fanciful speculation. And I completely disagree with your speculations which you would attempt to foist upon me.

It has been plainly shown in my prior posts on this thread that Paul taught that the church will be raptured before the Tribulation.

Now I think this conversation has gone on long enough. You keep your allegorical method of interpretation if you wish. But as for me, I follow the golden rule of interpretation.
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.

Biblical Research Studies Group-The Golden Rule of Interpretation

Old 09-14-2016, 11:52 AM

Quote:
''Jesus referred to the abomination of desolation standing inside YOU Mike.''

As I told you in post #49 Hannibal, I don't agree with your allegorical methodology. It is not a valid method of interpretation. I'll repeat myself below.

The wholesale allegorization of the Bible which you engage in is a very poor method of interpretation which only leads to many problems.

Quoting Milton S. Terry, J. Dwight Pentecost writes regarding the danger of allegorical method;
. . . It will be noticed at once that its habit is to disregard the common signification of words and give wing to all manner of fanciful speculation. It does not draw out the legitimate meaning of an author's language, but foists into it whatever the whim or fancy of an interpreter may desire. As a system, therefore, it puts itself beyond all well-defined principles and laws.

Things to Come, J. Dwight Pentecost, p. 5
And this is what you do Hannibal. You have adopted the allegorical method of interpretation and foist onto Scriptural passages meanings which the authors never intended. Saying that the woman is me, and that I am in the 42 months is nothing more than your own personal fanciful speculation. And I completely disagree with your speculations which you would attempt to foist upon me.

It has been plainly shown in my prior posts on this thread that Paul taught that the church will be raptured before the Tribulation.

Now I think this conversation has gone on long enough. You keep your allegorical method of interpretation if you wish. But as for me, I follow the golden rule of interpretation.
When the plain sense of Scripture makes common sense, seek no other sense; therefore, take every word, at its primary, ordinary, usual, literal meaning unless the facts of the immediate context, studied in the light of related passages and axiomatic and fundamental truths, indicate clearly otherwise.

Biblical Research Studies Group-The Golden Rule of Interpretation

Again, you are looking at things from a Gentile perspective, I think you expect to be raptured because you are the one who is being persecuted for keeping God's peculiar ways?

How does those scriptures pertain to you when they were written to converts of Judaism who knew the times and seasons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity