Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 05:01 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,149 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
geekgurl, I read your post and went back to one of your previous posts and see where you stand. I used to be like you years ago before I went to the gay scene. I even saw myself as a mistake, and felt myself abnormal. I remember being told those feelings of same sex attraction was wrong.

Even so I did not have sex and I was single. I truly then desired a boyfriend. (That was before I discovered the gay scene of where I did not have sex)

Even when I affirmed my sexuality as a gay person I did feel a sense of liberation. Even when I did discover going to a gay affirming church I felt there was a sense of liberation where I believed at that time I found a sense of peace between my spirituality and my sexuality. I even admit I did enjoy the service at the gay affirming church.

Even so, everything I was truly looking for as a gay person then, and I thought that I would find true peace of mind, I did not truly find it. Of course there were times where I thought there were special times and even loved areas in my life as gay person.

I saw there was a lot of superficial aspects within the gay community. I saw that of course the gay community is united against the religious bigots, even so within the very gay community there were divisions, jealousy, rejection, even bitter and bitchinessm and there is a lot of hurt and anger there as well as resentment. I also experienced deep hurt in my life, to the point of having suicidal thoughts. Of course I had gay friends who I could reach too, but deep within there were areas of my emotional pain, where even my gay friends could not truly help me.

I felt I was truly lost, and felt that I be better off dead. I even made plans to commit suicide too. I saw that surely there is a better way to live than where I was then. Eventually I started praying and reading my bible. I admit I barely read my bible when I attended the gay affirming church. But this time I truly started to devotionally read the bible a lot. When I did pray I truly felt a sense of peace of mind. Also when I started reading the bible I felt that the Lord was also speaking to me.

As a Christian now I have more peace of mind than when I was an out and gay person. I am not perfect and still make mistakes. I don't even see myself as a gay christian either.I am born again and new creation in Christ as well given a new identity. After all scripture states:

Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us (for it is written, “Cursed is everyone who hangs on a tree”), that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith. (Galatians 3:13)

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace which He made to abound toward us in all wisdom and prudence (Ephesians 1:7–8)

He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins. (Colossians 1:13–14)

https://answersingenesis.org/family/...ay-christians/

Identifying a same sex attracted person a "gay christian" brings in confusion. It not a good way to witness others in a Christian life I have.

Of course I can be tempted but I fully trust the lord guidance for me to overcome these temptations. Sure I can get lonely, yet even so the greatest thing in my life is yet to come.

I do not see myself as abnormal now, or a mistake. I been truly seeing this since I have become born again Christian.
If you have an issue with me being a Christian who is also a lesbian, I suggest you take it up with Jesus. Our relationship is ours and ours alone, and I refuse to allow anyone - whether it be you or "answersingenesis" or anyone else - to define it for us. You can believe what you want about our relationship, I'm past caring. But I demand that you stop saying what I have with Him isn't real, or authentic. My relationship with Christ is ours alone, I'm telling you as kindly as I can to keep yourself out of it. You don't get to judge the content of my heart, or my relationship with Christ. You are not qualified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2016, 05:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,227,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
If you have an issue with me being a Christian who is also a lesbian, I suggest you take it up with Jesus. Our relationship is ours and ours alone, and I refuse to allow anyone - whether it be you or "answersingenesis" or anyone else - to define it for us. You can believe what you want about our relationship, I'm past caring. But I demand that you stop saying what I have with Him isn't real, or authentic. My relationship with Christ is ours alone, I'm telling you as kindly as I can to keep yourself out of it. You don't get to judge the content of my heart, or my relationship with Christ. You are not qualified.

Old 09-26-2016, 05:25 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,991,944 times
Quote:
Before I go any further you do attack other Christians in the Christian forums.

I see that people do get offended when they see someone mentioning homosexuality is a sin. Anyway I will no longer respond to your messages for now on and prefer you not to either for now on and wish you can go in peace as I will.

Even so I will not be silent in regards to what the Bible really states about homosexuality, even though it appears an majority of people on this thread believe false teachings that believe that the Lord and the Bible does affirms same sex monogamous romantic relationships.

Last edited by other99; 09-26-2016 at 05:53 PM..

Old 09-26-2016, 05:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 1,383,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
David's relationship with Bathsheba was fornication on David's part..
Actually..that would be Adultery. There is a major difference especially in the Old testament. Adultery required a death sentence and fornication/prostitution was only outlawed if it was with a cultic/shrine prostitute according to the Torah. Its still debatable whether the New Testament rules change this given the different words used and cultural changes...Anyways, that was just a technicial side note. I'll let Warden respond to the rest for now.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:24 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,728,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Nice try but it fails. David's relationship with Bathsheba was fornication on David's part as would be a relationship with a man, sexually and both would be wrong.

Next the "uncover"... nakedness, has to fit the context and in Jonathan's case the context was the kingship not sex with David.

If used of either David or Jonathan on a context of their relationship, it would then be a valid argument and ....... it isn't used of them.

Not understanding scripture and seeing ervah in non related verses leads to such erroneous conclusions.

Studying scripture and the culture is a very good idea, but to understand the Bible is the key, not to justify a course of action by ignoring the context.
You aren't even close!!! David's relationship with Bathsheba wasn't consensual.

26Now when the wife of Uriah heard that Uriah her husband was dead, she mourned for her husband. 27When the time of mourning was over, David sent and brought her to his house and she became his wife; then she bore him a son. But the thing that David had done was evil in the sight of the LORD. 2 Samuel 11:26

She was innocent and David had broken the sixth, seventh, and tenth commandments.

Failure to understand how words were accepted in Hebrew culture is EXACTLY how stupid interpretations arise regarding Scripture. You will never come even close to a grasp of the Hebrew mindset understanding as you do the English translation of words and not the Hebrew grasp of them. Jesus proved to everyone of us that we indeed do not grasp the Hebrew mind when He set the Saducees straight concerning the resurrection of the dead by quoting Exodus 3:6 to prove it. No one disputed Him, not even the Saducees. The Pharisees thought it was great. But none of us posting here would read that Exodus verse and reach the same conclusion. Their mindset is different.

And failure to use Scripture in its context to interpret other Scripture in its context is simply ludicrous. I think there can be no doubt that Saul thought his son was engaged sexually with David, and Jonathan didn't disagree.

You need to engage in some serious scholastic study of Scripture in order to be credible with your beliefs.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:41 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,854,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Thank you, Dew.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:47 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,043,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakorpa View Post

In the Christian teachings of Gods written word, not in the teachings of Christendom, it is clear that homosexuality, along with bestiality, child molestation and sexual immorality in general, is condemned clearly, in the Bible. For a group of people to push governments and Christendom to disobey these Christian tenets is just what Satan wants, the further he can push people away from God's word, the more he will think he is winning his initial challenge of supremacy over the Almighty God, Jehovah.
The bible also forbids a lot of nonsense, from trimming your beard to speaking back to your elders, to eating shellfish, to working on the Sabbath. Funny how all the "Christians" who spew bigotry and nonsense about how they "have to hate the gays" - or at least condemn them while pretending that is somehow different from hating them - don't follow any of those other rules. No, no - they mouth off about nutty Old Testament laws while happily wearing mixed fabrics on their way to Red Lobster for the shrimp special that comes with a side order of hypocrisy.

It's laughable and disgusting. The only reason homosexuality is still considered taboo and is about the only Old Testament law outside of the Ten Commandments that anyone actually cares about anymore is because it is "icky and gross," and that somehow gives people the right to strip away the civil rights of fellow citizens and condemn them. Sure, that's insane reasoning, but that's what we get from religious extremists who use the "unchanging word of God" as their defense while ignoring the parts they don't like, much less how many different versions of the "unchanging" word of God one can buy in the average Christian book store.

Meanwhile, the teachings of that Jesus guy who said something about "judge not and you shall not be judged" and who made it clear that the most important law was to love thy neighbor is conveniently ignored by modern, right-wing Christian extremists. They are too busy pulling hate from the old testament and Paul's angry rants to care about Jesus; good thing he was just a minor figure in modern Christianity.

Old 09-26-2016, 07:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,043,161 times
Quote:
When did you choose to be straight, maat?
Ah, good!

It's nice to see somebody else slam the "gays have chosen the evil path" loons with that wonderful question - it's one of my favorites. It's fun to confront a religious fundie with that one after they are done spouting off about how gays "have made an evil choice to sin against God" or some ignorant drivel. Ask them when they chose to be straight; they can't answer it. They'll spin round and round about their first crush or whatever, but they cannot answer the question because it's been scientifically proven time and again that people's sexual urges are programmed based on their brain development and chemistry.

Nobody in the history of humanity has ever gone home one day during adolescence and run a comparative study on whether they should be straight or gay. Nobody has ever chosen to be gay to "get back at their parents" or "mock God," or whatever other nutty reasons the far-right will spew. No gays have ever "corrupted innocent straight people" to turn gay because that's not how it works. If social pressure could change a person's sexual preferences, nobody would be gay. Everybody would prefer one of a handful of socially acceptable forms of straight sex and that would be it. So, the notion of people "choosing to be gay" is absurd, as is the notion of people "corrupting others to be gay."

Unfortunately, everything I stated above requires the use of facts and reason, so it won't have an effect on religious extremists. Still, it is at least fun to ask them the question "when did they choose to be straight?" and watch them stammer and spin until they change the subject... lol.

Old 09-26-2016, 08:01 PM

6,803 posts, read 2,927,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl
Quote:
Before I go any further you do attack other Christians in the Christian forums.
While geekigurl can speak for herself I think there are certain Christians who frustrate her to the extent where she naturally hits back. I would probably do the same. In fact YOU frustrate me somewhat, 99, because my posts to you have so far been ignored. See below.

Quote:
I see that people do get offended when they see someone mentioning homosexuality is a sin.

<snip>
This is a case in point. I've previously asked you to present any scripture that states unequivocally that "homosexuality is a sin". So far you have not done so but you still keep using the same old line. Any chance you can be polite and respond to this?

Quote:
Even so I will not be silent in regards to what the Bible really states about homosexuality . . .
What does the Bible really state about homosexuality, 99, and in what context?

Quote:
. . .even though it appears an majority of people on this thread believe false teachings that believe that the Lord and the Bible does affirms same sex monogamous romantic relationships.
Well, I don't know about the Old Testament God. He's little more than a cruel tyrant and you must know that unless you're afraid to admit it as most Christians appear to be. Jesus, however, is someone many of us can relate to. I'm sure that He would be fine with, as you say, same sex monogamous romantic relationships.

Anyway, would you, please, present scripture that states "homosexuality is a sin"? I can't find such a passage in my Bible but it MUST be there some place because Christians spout that catch-call constantly!

Old 09-26-2016, 08:40 PM

63,929 posts, read 40,194,112 times
Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity