Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 11:09 PM

5,624 posts, read 6,842,850 times

Advertisements

Im not sure where this goes??

I have 2 Jehovah Witness that WONT leave me alone. I have two signs that say GO AWAY ( 1 actually says we dont need your jesus and some other stuff about no services, switching electric, etc) and after last week with the JWm it actually says " No Jehovah Witness, if you knock or ring, i WILL call the police ".

Last week they came. I told them my dads a pastor, im fine with my beliefs and yet they pushed. Then the weirdos some how got my number and called me claiming they were at my house (we were out) and i told them we arent home " oh well we will see you Tuesday then" umm, no.

Despite telling them NO and having two signs, would calling the police actually work?

Im all about Jesus and spreading the word BUT im pretty sure jesus didnt annoy the crap out of people and ignore their NO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 PM

6,234 posts, read 8,441,091 times
Put up no trespassing signs then file criminal charges against them if the come onto your property.

Old 09-20-2016, 03:22 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,014,164 times
Just tell them that you are born again with the spirit of Jesus Christ , and that you are praying for them to be born again also , so if they come around more then they will eventually get born again like me , because God answers my prayers in His will ........,,,,Key is JW are greater critics of Jesus Christ salvation and do not like born again

Old 09-20-2016, 04:01 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times
answer the door naked screaming SATAN, you're my father...wearing a Darth Vader mask...

Old 09-20-2016, 08:41 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,392,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post

I have 2 Jehovah Witness that WONT leave me alone. I have two signs that say GO AWAY ( 1 actually says we dont need your jesus and some other stuff about no services, switching electric, etc) and after last week with the JWm it actually says " No Jehovah Witness, if you knock or ring, i WILL call the police ".

Last week they came. I told them my dads a pastor, im fine with my beliefs and yet they pushed. Then the weirdos some how got my number and called me claiming they were at my house (we were out) and i told them we arent home " oh well we will see you Tuesday then" umm, no.

Despite telling them NO and having two signs, would calling the police actually work?

Im all about Jesus and spreading the word BUT im pretty sure jesus didnt annoy the crap out of people and ignore their NO.
I suspect this is not true, but an effort to make them look bad. If told Do Not Call they write that on their Territory map that gives them an area to visit and ... they Do Not Call. If a sign says No Jehovah's Witnesses, they will not knock or ring the door bell.

Now as to Jesus annoying people, oh of course not they loved him and told his followers to keep filling Jerusalem with the message. Oops they said to stop.

Really if someone agrees the message should be spread, talking to anyone and every one that comes to your door would be an indication you really follow Jesus, not telling anyone to go away.

Old 09-20-2016, 08:55 AM

6,855 posts, read 2,844,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
Put up no trespassing signs then file criminal charges against them if the come onto your property.

This is good advice.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:14 AM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by froglipz View Post
I've read through all of the answers so far, and this one is by far the most reasonable. To the OP: I'm assuming you wanted a serious answer and didn't start this thread just to vent. Answer the door naked screaming "SATAN, you're my father," really won't accomplish anything except make you look stupid. You've already made it clear to them that you are happy with the religion you are now a part of. I don't think you have a whole lot of other really reasonable options.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:43 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
answer the door naked screaming SATAN, you're my father...wearing a Darth Vader mask...
Lol, that's a good idea, except for the possible public nudity charges.

Still, that's hilarious.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:54 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post

I AM a pastor and they visit my house occasionally. They KNOW I'm a pastor, but they come anyway.

I would suggest contacting the police. Ask them what they suggest.

Old 09-20-2016, 09:55 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I knew a guy from Salt Lake City that would open the door in his underwear with a beer in his hand. The nice young men wouldn't stick around to talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity