Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2016, 05:17 PM

481 posts, read 263,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I AM a pastor and they visit my house occasionally. They KNOW I'm a pastor, but they come anyway.

I would suggest contacting the police. Ask them what they suggest.

"OH! Please officer there these nasty people trying to save my life, what can I do to stop them"

"Nuffin' Ma'am, unless you wish to follow up on a discrimination charge".

Now here are some ways to stop the JWs. Board up your front door and put a barb wire entanglement in side the front gate, you probably have that anyway. Move to the country and hide in a cave, on second thoughts that wont stop t hem either. Or, just politely say, " No thank you, I ma not interested, and would really appreciate if you didn't call again".

There are a lot of people out there that are pleasant and appreciate what the JWs are doing. The Churches ignore the message to "go forth and tell the nations". Christendom sit in their palaces and you are required to come to them and pay for the privileged.

But next time someone wants to tell a story, at least tell it truthfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
I AM a pastor and they visit my house occasionally. They KNOW I'm a pastor, but they come anyway.

I would suggest contacting the police. Ask them what they suggest.

"OH! Please officer there these nasty people trying to save my life, what can I do to stop them"

"Nuffin' Ma'am, unless you wish to follow up on a discrimination charge".

Now here are some ways to stop the JWs. Board up your front door and put a barb wire entanglement in side the front gate, you probably have that anyway. Move to the country and hide in a cave, on second thoughts that wont stop t hem either. Or, just politely say, " No thank you, I ma not interested, and would really appreciate if you didn't call again".

There are a lot of people out there that are pleasant and appreciate what the JWs are doing. The Churches ignore the message to "go forth and tell the nations". Christendom sit in their palaces and you are required to come to them and pay for the privileged.

But next time someone wants to tell a story, at least tell it truthfully.

Vizio, are pastors exempt from hearing the Truth?

Old 09-21-2016, 05:38 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Perhaps the LDS church has changed in 20 years.
Nope. Most Mormons abstain from drinking.

Old 09-21-2016, 10:22 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
I would only assume. Perhaps the LDS church has changed in 20 years. At that time, Mormons didn't drink and didn't think much of him when he would do that.
A close friend of mine answered the door to Mormon missionaries in San Francisco back in the '60s. He was holding a can of beer at the time and dressed as you might expect a hippy in San Francisco to be dressed at that period of time. He asked them in and offered them drinks. They declined, but asked if they might come back and see him the next day. He said sure. The rest his history. He's now an LDS High Priest.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:23 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,240,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
A close friend of mine answered the door to Mormon missionaries in San Francisco back in the '60s. He was holding a can of beer at the time and dressed as you might expect a hippy in San Francisco to be dressed at that period of time. He asked them in and offered them drinks. They declined, but asked if they might come back and see him the next day. He said sure. The rest his history. He's now an LDS High Priest.
As opposed to being an LSD high priest in the Haight.

Old 09-22-2016, 01:45 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,928,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohky0815 View Post
Im not sure where this goes??

I have 2 Jehovah Witness that WONT leave me alone. I have two signs that say GO AWAY ( 1 actually says we dont need your jesus and some other stuff about no services, switching electric, etc) and after last week with the JWm it actually says " No Jehovah Witness, if you knock or ring, i WILL call the police ".

Last week they came. I told them my dads a pastor, im fine with my beliefs and yet they pushed. Then the weirdos some how got my number and called me claiming they were at my house (we were out) and i told them we arent home " oh well we will see you Tuesday then" umm, no.

Despite telling them NO and having two signs, would calling the police actually work?

Im all about Jesus and spreading the word BUT im pretty sure jesus didnt annoy the crap out of people and ignore their NO.

They killed Jesus and his followers--Jesus sent his followers out by two, with the good news of the kingdom and truths as well that exposed their false god worship and pagan practices. They couldn't have that, so they killed Jesus and his followers. Jesus taught if one followed him and were no part of this world--the world would hate them-- You don't know what Jesus taught. I attended different trinity denominations in my day--not one of them taught what Jesus actually taught--they taught their religions dogma.
Here is a very important teaching from Jesus that a true followers heart tells their minds to do every day--- Matthew 6:33-- Therefore, keep on seeking-FIRST- the kingdom and his( YHWH(Jehovah) righteousness and all these other things will be added to you.( sustenance, covering, spirituality)
Once this is deep intoi ones heart--then they can accomplish this-John 4:22-24= YHWH(Jehovah)

Old 09-22-2016, 01:51 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,340,329 times
I have informed both Mormons and JW that I did not wish to be visited at the door. That is eight or more years ago and I have only once had a JW come to the door and when I explained that I was on a no call list they apologized and informed me that they would make sure it was listed correctly and they have not come back. I have spoken to some Mormons a few times at home when I was working in the front yard or on the driveway though. We have a conversation and then they are on their way. Mostly they ask me why I do not believe and then the discussion goes to where they are from, how are they doing, and how do they like my city.

Marakorpa: I personally do not like coming done one or two flights of stairs or dropping whatever I am doing for someone to come to my house and tell me I am wrong and that I should believe what they do. If I wanted to be a JW I would have done so through my mother in law who was one for decades. And coming to disturb you at your door when you specified not to do so is harassment not providing a favour.

In my city both JW and Mormons respect our wishes for them not to come to the door. If they came to me every week after being asked not to I would be rude to them as politeness obviously would not have worked. I have found both groups friendly enough but just not interested in their sales pitch.

Old 09-22-2016, 03:35 PM

63,945 posts, read 40,226,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ha,ha,ha,ha . . .

Old 09-22-2016, 03:37 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I think that at the time the missionaries first visited him, that would have been a likely option! I didn't know him back then, but when he first told me his story, I didn't even believe him. He had to produce a picture of himself in his "former life" before I did.

Old 09-23-2016, 12:55 AM

Quote:
It's weird. I live in a parsonage. I stand up and preach every Sunday. I get paid by a church. I am ordained as a "Reverend". People call me "Pastor".
Yeah! But you know this lot here, you ain't what you say you are unless they let you be what you are, Pastor. We have an indigenous expression here that goes like this...An d I shouldn't even repeat it but I am wicked sometimes. "Did you hear about the new aboriginal Pastor, his name is Pastor Flagon"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity