Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 10:09 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,878,806 times

Advertisements

I believe God loves everyone BUT scripture clearly states you are a child of God upon believing in the son of man via faith and His grace! So what is left ? Gods beloved creation. " God so loved the world He gave His only begotten son.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2016, 07:41 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openmike View Post
I believe God loves everyone BUT scripture clearly states you are a child of God upon believing in the son of man via faith and His grace! So what is left ? Gods beloved creation. " God so loved the world He gave His only begotten son.
That verse simply states that God loved the world by giving the world His son, the word of God. To reject His word by not keeping and spreading it you reject God and the son.

God sees the world as words. His son the word of God and those who use it belong to Him and heaven. Those who use only their own words, who reject His word, the son, do not belong to heaven or the kingdom of God.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:06 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,949,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I'll assume, since you already answered your own question, you now understand how and why He will do such.
Your refusal to give a straight answer to the question shows that you are just as embarrassed to admit what you believe as most of the rest of Christians: that s/he will go to a fiery doom forever in the fires of hell and be eternally tortured by this loving god of your. Why so coy to admit it, jimmie? This is all so circular. Now we're back to "How can a god who says he loves everyone send most of them to an eternal fiery doom in hell."

I'll bet deep down even you find this abhorrent.

Old 09-16-2016, 08:23 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
God doesn't have a "faith". He just is. All other "gods" are false. If you reject God (our creator), you are subject to His judgement.
You really play that FEAR card so well....It amazes me that there are any non-believers left once they hear the FEAR spiel about LIVE FOREVER OR DIE..who could resist?

Old 09-16-2016, 08:26 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Because you chose to burn in hell.
What if hell were..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wnevk-6h6aI

Old 09-17-2016, 03:02 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,399,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
When Jesus stipulated when God and Himself would love someone or gave instructions for becoming a child of God He was in so many words saying that not everyone is a child of God or loved by God.

The reason for this thread is to counter those who claim to follow Jesus but disregard His word.

Verses of reference;

"While you have the light believe in the light and you will become a child of light." John 12:36

"He who keeps the commandments he has from me is the man who loves and the man who loves me will be loved by my Father, I too shall love him and reveal myself to him." John 14:21

According to these verses does Jesus love everyone?
Yes, God loves all mankind. He even loves those who reject Him. What He hates about us is the pride and arrogance we have in our lives.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:11 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,788,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ashbeck View Post
Yes, God loves all mankind. He even loves those who reject Him. What He hates about us is the pride and arrogance we have in our lives.
John 3:16 describes how God loved the world. God loved man by giving Him His word which is His son. Does He love man, no. He loves His son, His servant.

He gave man something to enable man to be loved by God.

"By your words you'll be justified and by your words you'll be condemned.

Anyone who rejects me and does not accept my word he already has his judge, namely, the words I've spoken that's what will condemn him on the last day."

Old 09-17-2016, 07:19 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Your refusal to give a straight answer to the question shows that you are just as embarrassed to admit what you believe as most of the rest of Christians: that s/he will go to a fiery doom forever in the fires of hell and be eternally tortured by this loving god of your. Why so coy to admit it, jimmie? This is all so circular. Now we're back to "How can a god who says he loves everyone send most of them to an eternal fiery doom in hell."

I'll bet deep down even you find this abhorrent.
Nice try. Your post #38 shows you're clueless. You have no understanding of God or Christianity.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:21 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,809,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You really play that FEAR card so well....It amazes me that there are any non-believers left once they hear the FEAR spiel about LIVE FOREVER OR DIE..who could resist?
Jesus said the same thing. Have you read His words? See John 3.

Old 09-17-2016, 07:40 PM

63,891 posts, read 40,172,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The absolute unadulterated ignorance of such an attitude is beyond the pale in this day and age. It is impossible to have an intelligent conversation with anyone who believes such absolute garbage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Quote:
Jesus said the same thing. Have you read His words? See John 3.
You accept whatever that book claims Jesus said without testing anything against the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God), jimmie. That is why you fail to know God or Jesus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity