Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 12:24 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,784,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
You accept whatever that book claims Jesus said without testing anything against the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God), jimmie. That is why you fail to know God or Jesus.
As the son of man says;

I came down from heaven to do the will of Him who sent me. ANYONE WHO CHOOSES TO DO HIS WILL SHALL KNOW ABOUT THIS TEACHING, namely, whether it comes from God or I am speaking on my own.

Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory but whoever seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and there is no unrighteousness in him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2016, 01:20 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
That verse simply states that God loved the world by giving the world His son, the word of God. To reject His word by not keeping and spreading it you reject God and the son.

God sees the world as words. His son the word of God and those who use it belong to Him and heaven. Those who use only their own words, who reject His word, the son, do not belong to heaven or the kingdom of God.
Dear PG, quoting words attributed to Jesus makes you feel assured that God loves you. You want others to have that assurance. That's understandable.

I am assured that the God who IS love is within each of us and loves us all, with abandon, without condition, and without us having to quote any specific words. I also know that sometimes I have a harder time believing that than others. In those times, it can be helpful for me to speak of LOVE because it IS reassuring. So, in a sense, words really do matter -- not because they cause God to love me, but because in speaking them, it assures me that we are ALL love/d.

Old 09-18-2016, 02:15 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,032 times
Quote:
You accept whatever that book claims Jesus said without testing anything against the Holy Spirit of agape love (Who IS God), jimmie. That is why you fail to know God or Jesus.
That book is God's word and it claims you are a lost person and that you have no clue what you are talking about.

And I believe it.

I do love despite what people believe around here. I hope you do realize you are lost and only then can you be saved. You have to obey the gospel, but you don't believe the book, so you can't obey. Yet.

I pray someone else can help you. I feel that I am leaving here soon. I cannot take much more here.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Dear PG, quoting words attributed to Jesus makes you feel assured that God loves you. You want others to have that assurance. That's understandable.

I am assured that the God who IS love is within each of us and loves us all, with abandon, without condition, and without us having to quote any specific words. I also know that sometimes I have a harder time believing that than others. In those times, it can be helpful for me to speak of LOVE because it IS reassuring. So, in a sense, words really do matter -- not because they cause God to love me, but because in speaking them, it assures me that we are ALL love/d.
Do you believe that Jesus words are written in the Gospels and that in John He says that He gave the words given to Him and sent them as He was sent? Is it possible that for all these years people have neglected to do so because of the yeast of the Pharisees?

I believe this and am doing something about it.

The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep.

I'm the good shepherd. The Lord and I are One.

Follow me and your treasure will be great in the kingdom of heaven.

It is written in the prophets;

"Seek justice seek humility perhaps you'll be sheltered on the day of the Lord's anger."

I am meek and humble of heart and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me and you will find rest for yourselves for my yoke is upright and my burden is light.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:19 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,386,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Do you believe that Jesus words are written in the Gospels and that in John He says that He gave the words given to Him and sent them as He was sent? Is it possible that for all these years people have neglected to do so because of the yeast of the Pharisees?
Don't know, don't particularly care. YOU believe it, and that's important to you. I'm simply sharing with you what rings true to me and is, therefore, important to me.

I hope you will always feel assured of God's love for you. But I also hope that you will some day come to believe that God's love for you and everyone else is not contingent on you or them quoting the bible. I hope for both of us that we will come to love others as freely and unconditionally as we are loved.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:32 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
That book is God's word and it claims you are a lost person and that you have no clue what you are talking about.
No, cowdog. The book is what tells us about God's Word. Jesus IS God's word made flesh and that makes Him the LIVING Word of God, not the book.

Old 09-18-2016, 03:44 PM

1,341 posts, read 1,530,032 times
Quote:
No, cowdog. The book is what tells us about God's Word. Jesus IS God's word made flesh and that makes Him the LIVING Word of God, not the book.
Yes the book! Yes the Word was made flesh, where is that recorded? In the book!

Old 09-18-2016, 03:49 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowdog View Post
Yes the book! Yes the Word was made flesh, where is that recorded? In the book!
There is huge difference between telling us ABOUT God's Word as the book does and BEING God's Word as Jesus IS. They are NOT the same.

Old 09-18-2016, 08:59 PM

The son of man is the word made flesh. Jesus was part of that son of man, the servant of God.

One cannot know the truth without becoming the truth.

I am the way the truth and the spirit, no one enters the kingdom of heaven unless they enter by the gate.

The servant of God is the gate, serve and you will enter.

"Here is my servant whom I uphold my chosen one with whom I am pleased, upon whom I have put my spirit, he will proclaim justice to the nations." says the Lord

Old 09-18-2016, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Don't know, don't particularly care. YOU believe it, and that's important to you. I'm simply sharing with you what rings true to me and is, therefore, important to me.

I hope you will always feel assured of God's love for you. But I also hope that you will some day come to believe that God's love for you and everyone else is not contingent on you or them quoting the bible. I hope for both of us that we will come to love others as freely and unconditionally as we are loved.
Sorry. I will follow the prophets before me.

Whoever belongs to God hears every word God speaks. The reason you do not hear is you do not belong to God.

Just as Jesus said it so do I. Now does that seem loving to you. Jesus was not about being nice as some think. He was about saying what God told Him to say. To serve God by word.

As the son of man says; The Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to speak and since I know His commandment is eternal life what I say is spoken just as He commanded me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity