Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2016, 09:51 AM

18,255 posts, read 16,965,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
You could always offer some verifiable evidence for that.

Spot on my old lemon. Mikes standard response that has been dubunked time and time again yet continues to be dragged out by him as 'evidence'. The videos make the a priori assumption that the gospels are true and then use the gospels as evidence. LOL! Only 30 seconds in it starts quoting the Bible. 1 minute in it starts to use conversions of noted people as evidence that it's all true. At 5:30 they drop the bombshell -
We have given evidence for a theistic word view.
We have shown that the NT is reliable
We have established that miracles are logically possible.

Huh? Did I miss where they did that!!

Video two goes on to give it the old 'scholars agree' treatment...and claim the indisputable facts that ...
1. Jesus died by crucifixion
2. Jesus was buried just outside Jerusalem. Well yeah...but that wasn't GospelJesus.

It then goes on to examine the 'fact' that took place following the crucifixion - without establishing that they were 'fact'. It's the same old same old that Mike produces every time, which is basically, it's true because the Bible and believers say it's true. The rest of the video garbage is 'evidence' based on the above three 'facts' (We have given evidence for a theistic word view. We have shown that the NT is reliable. We have established that miracles are logically possible.). The videos are hogwash.

Want to have a bet that before long he will drag out the Gary Habermas video where he produces his evidence that Jesus existed....by claiming that all the thing mentioning him in the gospels....are fact? LOL!
You actually WATCHED those videos??????????

Mike wouldn't do that for you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I've believed in Jesus as far back as I can remember. I was told that I was five years old when I believed.
That explains it.

Old 09-17-2016, 11:50 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,881,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
You actually WATCHED those videos??????????

Indeed I did bro...three times now. I picked out all the crap the first time and then watched them again just in case I had it wrong. I didn't. Then I watched them again yesterday, just to recap. They are the typical sort of 'evidence' that is presented by Mike's hero's such as Gary Habermas and William Lane Craig i.e first assume that the gospels are true and then base your 'evidence' on that premise.

Quote:
Mike wouldn't do that for you!
Oh I know...and he calls us 'close-minded'.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Indeed I did bro...three times now. I picked out all the crap the first time and then watched them again just in case I had it wrong. I didn't. Then I watched them again yesterday, just to recap. They are the typical sort of 'evidence' that is presented by Mike's hero's such as Gary Habermas and William Lane Craig i.e first assume that the gospels are true and then base your 'evidence' on that premise.

>>>>>>"Mike would do that for you"

Oh I know...and he calls us 'close-minded'.
Yes, I know.

"Watch my stuff, but don't expect me to watch yours."

His favorite MO.

Old 09-17-2016, 12:33 PM

1,227 posts, read 636,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
What I proclaim from the rooftops is the salvation of Jesus Christ. That's what Christianity is about to me. We are commanded by the Bible to make disciples for Christ, not to provide evidence that God exists. If you are truly interested in finding God, I believe you will accomplish your goals.
So in your mind, if the Bible didn't exist neither would your god? There are other books written about other gods, why not consider them?

Old 09-17-2016, 12:53 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,619,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
The fact is, nobody knows for sure what happens after death. One theory is just as right or wrong as another theory. Whatever gets each individual person thru this life on earth with as little pain and suffering as possible is what works.
Thats not true.

They are not "one as good as the other". The only answer is "we don't know." and "nobody has ever came back so we don't know."

We do not have to accept "we go to a beach and hang out forever" as equal to "I don't know". ever.
Its rude to say they are on equal terms because nobody knows. That's the same trick "those people" use to force my children to pay for flunkies and their families.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:10 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
What I proclaim from the rooftops is the salvation of Jesus Christ. That's what Christianity is about to me. We are commanded by the Bible to make disciples for Christ, not to provide evidence that God exists. If you are truly interested in finding God, I believe you will accomplish your goals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobo7396 View Post
Just because I never saw Abraham Lincoln doesn't mean he never existed. The Holy Bible is one of the most historically well referenced documents on the planet. To hear the word and to deny it's truth is somewhat foolish. One puts one self in a pretty sad club when they don't or won't believe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What makes me believe in God will not help the atheist at all.
Amen, to all of you !
Only God can give the evidence to the heart that is truly seeking Him as there is no one who is capable of giving such evidence that He does exist, it is a God thing and only God can open the mind and heart to see and believe !

Old 09-17-2016, 01:29 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,736,805 times
If you are looking for scientific evidence of the existence of a Creator, watch video "Darwins Dilemma" and "Unlocking the Mystery Of Life"

Old 09-17-2016, 01:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,413,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I've believed in Jesus as far back as I can remember. I was told that I was five years old when I believed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
That explains it.
Some believe everything they are told, and are incapable of questioning it.

Old 09-17-2016, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are looking for scientific evidence of the existence of a Creator, watch video "Darwins Dilemma" and "Unlocking the Mystery Of Life"
This is a once-in-a-lifetime event so watch carefully:

I'm going to side with Finn and direct you to the crux of the film at 44:23 of the video, "Unlocking the Mystery of Life" and watch to 50:06. This explains why a single strand of genetic material on the double helix of every cell in your body has enough information encoded on it to fill hundreds of pages of tiny-printed text. This is more complex than putting all the letters of Hamlet on scrabble tiles (roughly 100,000), putting them in a box, dropping them on a table and having the entire play fall into readable text from beginning to end. What do you give the odds of that happening?

Assembling a double helix on a cell is infinitely more complex and bear in mind our body contains about 37.2 trillion cells.

Only an Intelligent Designer could do that. That's why I'm a deist but not a Christian.

Last edited by thrillobyte; 09-17-2016 at 02:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity