Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2016, 03:04 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,821,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daqq View Post
It appears that the Spirit of Grace is missing from that passage, but because the Torah through Moses was given, the grace and the truth through Messiah Yeshua came to be, (by way of his Testimony-Spirit).
Wow. That's an excellent point. Yet if you read further you might find the Spirit of Grace.

Forgiveness is given.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2016, 03:05 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,060,041 times
Quote:
It appears that the Spirit of Grace is missing from that passage, but because the Torah through Moses was given, the grace and the truth through Messiah Yeshua came to be, (by way of his Testimony-Spirit).

Great to see you daqq!....amen....one was the moon, the other was the sun. Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 03:09 PM

619 posts, read 312,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Wow. That's an excellent point. Yet if you read further you might find the Spirit of Grace.
Do you mean the rod of his mouth and the breath of his lips in v.4? If so, yes, same thing, grace kills the wicked, (usually it melts them, hehe).

Old 10-18-2016, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Great to see you daqq!....amen....one was the moon, the other was the sun. Peace
Hi friend,

Old 10-18-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
LOL. Funny. Me too, believe it or not. I guess it was in my blood. My family owned wood furniture factories. My favorite "toys" when young were to sneak scrap wood out of my grandmother's barn and a hammer and nails, and try to build something with them. Of course she was afraid I'd get hurt and once she missed me for too long, my "toys" got hid again. Grew up, flipped houses in the early 80's, probably the only woman around who had bought her own DeWalt mitre saw, lol....then I met Him and suddenly nothing but Him mattered and I started building "houses" for the Lord. It's funny how He takes our naturally minded interests and turns them around for His glory. Peace
Dang you must of had the newer tools.

By time I entered middle school I ended up teaching the class how to use the heavy equipment in wood shop. I'll never forget how one of my classmates and friend decided to cut a small piece Of wood with the wrong saw. He should have used a jigsaw or maybe bandsaw. But no he was impatient and used the radial arm saw.

After the blade grabbed the tiny piece out Of his hand and left him shaking. He came to me and asked for help. I could see the fear in his eyes. Being a friend all I could say was "what were you thinking",?
Long story short he gave me the small piece Of wood and asked me to cut it for him.

Of course I sulked as young man would. Cause after all there were projects I needed to work on. But hey I really liked him.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Moses was "the moon" by analogy or allegory? or do you speak of something else? The elohim of Laban was/were primarily some form of moon god or gods, (Laban means white, moon-white, and is specifically used for the moon), so it is doubtful that Moses would portray himself in such light, (pardon the pun ). Rachel stole the idols of her father, Laban, (moon god idols no doubt), and when Laban caught up to them and was looking for his idols she had hidden them in a saddle on a camel and sat upon the camel. She said to her father Laban, (Moon), that she could not rise because "the custom of women" was upon her at that time, (moon cycle). When she died giving birth to Benjamin she called him Ben Owni, which can be understood as "son of an idol", (Ben-Awen or Aven), and no doubt the primary implication concerns the moon god idols of her father because of his name, Laban, (moon white). And when the children of Israel were in bondage under the Egyptians they made white bricks, that is to say, laban-white, like the moon: it is an allegory for counting days and building calendars, moon based calendars, which will drive you bananas if you ever begin to dig deep enough into the subject because the moon strays and falls, (now days), eleven days short of the Sun.

Old 10-18-2016, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Are you suggesting that Moses was "the moon" by analogy or allegory? or do you speak of something else? The elohim of Laban was/were primarily some form of moon god or gods, (Laban means white, moon-white, and is specifically used for the moon), so it is doubtful that Moses would portray himself in such light, (pardon the pun ). Rachel stole the idols of her father, Laban, (moon god idols no doubt), and when Laban caught up to them and was looking for his idols she had hidden them in a saddle on a camel and sat upon the camel. She said to her father Laban, (Moon), that she could not rise because "the custom of women" was upon her at that time, (moon cycle). When she died giving birth to Benjamin she called him Ben Owni, which can be understood as "son of an idol", (Ben-Awen or Aven), and no doubt the primary implication concerns the moon god idols of her father because of his name, Laban, (moon white). And when the children of Israel were in bondage under the Egyptians they made white bricks, that is to say, laban-white, like the moon: it is an allegory for counting days and building calendars, moon based calendars, which will drive you bananas if you ever begin to dig deep enough into the subject because the moon strays and falls, (now days), eleven days short of the Sun.

As always, excellent daqq....thanks. I was saying that only part of the glory was seen in that dispensation, just like the moon is the lesser light; that's all.

Eleven days. Interesting. See any connection to the 11, short of the "perfect" 12? Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Dang you must of had the newer tools.

By time I entered middle school I ended up teaching the class how to use the heavy equipment in wood shop. I'll never forget how one of my classmates and friend decided to cut a small piece Of wood with the wrong saw. He should have used a jigsaw or maybe bandsaw. But no he was impatient and used the radial arm saw.

After the blade grabbed the tiny piece out Of his hand and left him shaking. He came to me and asked for help. I could see the fear in his eyes. Being a friend all I could say was "what were you thinking",?
Long story short he gave me the small piece Of wood and asked me to cut it for him.

Of course I sulked as young man would. Cause after all there were projects I needed to work on. But hey I really liked him.

Bet it shook him down to his toes, lol. That's amazing; you must have been really gifted that way. I've always preferred working with my hands, but only for a few years was able to do it, because He had other more gimel type ideas for me to experience. But it's all good, amen? He is our choreographer, the orchestrator of the dance, our ordered steps, and there is nothing like dancing with Him, amen? Peace

Old 10-18-2016, 07:14 PM

Get in the Sukkot mindset. Sukkot is a joyous holiday and a time of great celebration for all Jews! In fact, Sukkot is so closely associated with happy emotions that traditional sources often call it

Z'man

Old 10-18-2016, 07:38 PM

2 And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda.

33 And there he found a certain man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy.

34 And Peter said unto him, Aeneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.

35 And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.

36 Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.

37 And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.

38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.

39 Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.

40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.

41 And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive.

42 And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord.

43 And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity