Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2016, 05:30 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You may as well ask Muslims the same thing. Christians don't have any idea of what happens in an afterlife because the afterlife is based on the design of the temple and even people in the court gain salvation, even people who disrespect the law to teach others to disrespect the laws will be saved. Jesus taught a greatest in the kingdom and a least in the kingdom and there is still an intermediate. Christians idea is black and white and this is heaven and hell when in fact, the idioms about Hell are not talking about a hell where you burn for eternity, it is an idiom for not obtaining the higher zoe life.
...and you and your sons will be here with me
ya, i'm not detecting any anguish or anything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2016, 05:32 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Really? YOU said that "I" call it an evil heart of unbelief, yet that is scripture I was quoting, I didn't make it up as a putdown. Pointing out scriptures is not "otherizing" unless said others are, like I said, outside the covenant of promise, which is outlined by scriptures, and which the "others" generally will react badly to if they are outside that covenant. That's an unavoidable and equally impersonal fact, as the wheat and the tares are raised up together.

And yes the others are doing it,, every day in every way possible. All you have to do is count how many times the word fundy is used with various other descriptive adjectives on this board to a variety of posters. And then of course there is the addition of "cute" pictures, sort of like the Nazi one posted day before yesterday, not too dissimilar from yours today.

Does it matter, do you think? Or should what G-d thinks be the only thing that matters? My vote is number 2. Peace
Whaaaatttt???? I missed a Nazi post? Link me up.

The bible being the inerrant word of God is up for debate. Even among those who take it that way there are divisions. So yes, you are responsible for otherizing people when you do it. As the cute picture was trying to illustrate many people claim that they are the ones capable of determining what god wants. Are they ALL right? When I am called a mentally diseased apostate by the Watchtower am I otherizing myself or is the Watchtower? Is God saying I am mentally diseased because I don't go along with it? they point to scriptures as well.

In post #34 you stated
Why any of you think that your unbelief is acceptable to G-d and you can try to excuse it away, is a mystery to me. He does, after all, call it an EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF. Peace

I was explaining to you how it looked to me.

Old 10-07-2016, 05:52 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Whaaaatttt???? I missed a Nazi post? Link me up.

The bible being the inerrant word of God is up for debate. Even among those who take it that way there are divisions. So yes, you are responsible for otherizing people when you do it. As the cute picture was trying to illustrate many people claim that they are the ones capable of determining what god wants. Are they ALL right? When I am called a mentally diseased apostate by the Watchtower am I otherizing myself or is the Watchtower? Is God saying I am mentally diseased because I don't go along with it? they point to scriptures as well.

In post #34 you stated
Why any of you think that your unbelief is acceptable to G-d and you can try to excuse it away, is a mystery to me. He does, after all, call it an EVIL HEART OF UNBELIEF. Peace

I was explaining to you how it looked to me.

Yes, on one of the threads, a poster posted a Nazi rally with hundreds of thousands of them, and it was captioned something like "what happens when you get a bunch of fundamentalist Christians together". I think the mods deleted it.

Well, in advance then, let me explain myself. I'm pro scripture, pro revelation contained in the scriptures, pro Spirit of G-d, pro baptism of the Spirit. Anything posted that contradicts that, is to me, fair game for MY take on it as well. If that's otherizing, then so be it.

I am sorry that you were obviously abused by the Watchtower. I have no problem with speaking out against their errors either. That doesn't mean I don't like the people. I still have 2 friends who are. I also have friends who are Catholics, Baptists, Episcopalians, Presbyterians, and even an ex con or two. BUT I will not shrink from who I am or what I believe to accommodate them, anymore than they feel they have to do the same to be accepted by me. But acceptance of THEM, and acceptance of whatever errors they may believe, is two different things.

Which is why Yeshua said (speaking as the Spirit), it is not I that condemns you, but the WORD (letter) that condemns you. The heart is moved by spirit, either His or some other one and WHICHEVER IT IS, that IS the motive of the heart. When your motive is the same as His motive, you really can say the same as He did above. But that doesn't mean the word of G-d is of none effect, sowing and reaping, the basis of the law, has never ended. As one who reaped much before I knew Him and His word, if I can prevent the reaping of even a small amount by others, it's worth it to me to take the flak that comes with it. Peace

Old 10-07-2016, 09:00 PM

63,814 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Of course NOT! That is the legacy of retaining ancient ignorance as the word of God. They kept the carnal milk long after it had spoiled and was no longer fit even for the manure heap.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Your lack of belief in the tenets of Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Taoism is unacceptable. Repent of your evil heart of unbelief.
Good one, Pleroo. It will not penetrate the hubris of specialness that traps, Rbbi in the ancient ignorance of our ancestors. There is nothing that tickles the ears more than that they are the Chosen Ones and special in God's eyes. They will not give those belief up easily.

Old 10-07-2016, 09:16 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,325,302 times
How come nobody ever cops to being the wicked guy or the Pharisee? Do you think the wicked know they are? People have no trouble quoting scripture and claiming to be on the right side of it. How come no one ever quotes a scripture and says "Oh yeah, I'm a total Pharisee." I suppose if they knew they were they would try to change so that kind of makes it look like they don't know. How about it, any Pharisees hanging out in this forum. I'm off to find a scripture that condemns me. Someone can come up with some if they like. I don't really buy I have an evil heart but maybe I guess. If someone could demonstrate through my treatment of others my evilness that would help me out.

Edit:
1 Timothy 1:13
even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;

OK this one absolves me though...raise your hand if I have persecuted you.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Last edited by L8Gr8Apost8; 10-07-2016 at 09:35 PM..

Old 10-07-2016, 10:47 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
...and you and your sons will be here with me
ya, i'm not detecting any anguish or anything

What is it that is so disgusting with Jesus?

I don't mean you, I mean, I don't really know you but why does Christianity believe themselves to be following Christ?

Why does today's Christianity act as if they are the same Christianity that Jesus began? Christianity was a legal sect of Judaism for over 100 years and when Revelation was written, it was written with the knowledge that Gentile Christians had begun going back to their Paganism. Gentiles don't have a covenant, are you aware of this fact?

Jeremiah
"Behold, days are coming," declares the LORD, "when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.''

Gentiles have no covenant, but the gentiles of the ten lost tribes have a promise that God would come and betroth those lost gentiles from the kingdom of Ephraim in a redeeming betrothal and so John was sent out as a friend of the bridegroom to gather gentiles, NOT JEWS. Elijah and John the Baptist were only sent to the Northern kingdom in the land of Joseph called,'' The kingdom of Ephraim,'' and known as the lost ten tribes because God had told them,'' You are not my people/gentiles, and I will not be your God.''

God put an end to Ephraim, the sons of Joseph, the ten lost tribes and then he makes a promise to them after they are sent into the nations where they fully become gentiles, and only then, a Messiah is sent to betroth them in order to redeem them back into Israel, and Israel is the point of the matter.,

This lost kingdom becomes co-heirs with Jews when Judah and Ephraim will become a single person.

100 years after Jesus died, that single person was cut in half as the gentiles walked away from Judah and not only did they separate, but then they began killing Judah and anyone who would keep the feasts of Christ.

You wanna keep the feasts of Christ in 135 A.D.?

They would first kill your family and then kill you for doing such a thing.

Gentiles got up and left the covenant, they left the king of Jerusalem and his ways, they separted from Judah so that the prophesy IS NO LONGER VALID..............THIS ~~~~~~"Behold,daysare coming,"declares the LORD,"when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, ''ARE YOU JUDAH OR EPHRAIM?''

A Gentile not even in the covenant?

GENTILES ARE NO LONGER UNDER EPHRAIM, AND NOBODY COULD MAKE A RATIONAL STAND THAT THEY ARE, THEY ARE NOT, NOT ANYMORE, AND SO THERE IS NO JUDAH AND ISRAEL AS ONE SINGLE SERVANT, THE SERVANT HAS BEEN CUT IN HALF IN THE DAY THAT GENTILES WALKED AWAY FROM THE COVENANT.

Let a Christian stand and defend himself saying,'' O YES, I AM OF EPHRAIM, I am the son of the living God that Hosea talks about.''

NO YOU ARE NOT, You are Ephraim, or you are not Ephraim, and Ephraim comes repenting from his Paganism to join Judah.

A Gentile Christian says that Jesus brought him a new covenant?

ABSOLUTELY NOT, JESUS DID NOT BRING YOU A NEW COVENANT, JESUS BROUGHT A COVENANT FOR GENTILES WHO BECOME ONE WITH JEWS, GENTILES WHO CONVERTED TO THE RELIGION OF THE JEWS.

Now gentiles not only separate and hate the other half of their body, but they even go as far as to fighting against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, they even go so far as to make it a filthy thing for a Jew to keep his own culture and heritage as if God were some detestable being.

If somebody could explain to me why Christians think they have a covenant at all, that would be nice, cause they walked away from Judah, from the covenant that made Ephraim and Judah one, and although ten billion gentile Christians claim to have a covenant, there is only room found under the promise to the sons of Joseph under the promise to the ten lost tribes, and Gentiles reject this promise.

What does Ephraim have to do in order to grasp hold of the covenant of God?

"I have surely heard Ephraim grieving, You have chastised me, and I was chastised, Like an untrained calf; Bring me back that I may be restored, For You are the LORD my God.

A Promise of God's Blessing
…7Those who live in his shadow Will again raise grain, And they will blossom like the vine. His renown will be like the wine of Lebanon. 8O Ephraim, what more have I to do with idols? It is I who answer and look after you. I am like a luxuriant cypress; From Me comes your fruit. 9Whoever is wise, let him understand these things; Whoever is discerning, let him know them. For the ways of the LORD are right, And the righteous will walk in them, But transgressors will stumble in them.…

Ephraim has to come back in great shame and regret that he ever involved himself in Paganism and he comes repenting that he was ever against Judah.

If a gentile doesn't come repenting as Ephraim, then why in the world would he think he has a covenant at all?

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 10-07-2016 at 10:58 PM..

Old 10-08-2016, 03:58 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
It was never about belief in creeds and the bible, it was always about faith expressing itself in love. Have you not the read the sermon on the mount and the wise and foolish builder ?.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
How come nobody ever cops to being the wicked guy or the Pharisee? Do you think the wicked know they are? People have no trouble quoting scripture and claiming to be on the right side of it. How come no one ever quotes a scripture and says "Oh yeah, I'm a total Pharisee." I suppose if they knew they were they would try to change so that kind of makes it look like they don't know. How about it, any Pharisees hanging out in this forum. I'm off to find a scripture that condemns me. Someone can come up with some if they like. I don't really buy I have an evil heart but maybe I guess. If someone could demonstrate through my treatment of others my evilness that would help me out.

Edit:
1 Timothy 1:13
even though I was formerly a blasphemer and a persecutor and a violent aggressor Yet I was shown mercy because I acted ignorantly in unbelief;

OK this one absolves me though...raise your hand if I have persecuted you.

2 Corinthians 4:4
in whose case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelieving so that they might not see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.
amen. the best use of Scripture may be to take all the verses you apply to yourself, and assume they are for others, and take all the ones you apply to others for yourself.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:47 AM

Quote:
What is it that is so disgusting with Jesus?
you have to give up the world?

Quote:
I don't mean you, I mean, I don't really know you but why does Christianity believe themselves to be following Christ?
indoctrination from birth, imo. apparently 65 million people have abandoned the model in the US, so the facade is cracking, but people naturally seek a conception of God imo, and strongmen will naturally co-opt the message for their own ends. Politics needs the imprimatur that only religion can provide.
Quote:
If a gentile doesn't come repenting as Ephraim, then why in the world would he think he has a covenant at all?
um, because referring to Ephraim there is a spiritual characterization, imo, not meant to be literal. Otherwise, what, i'm supposed to join the Zionists gathering now, demanding "kill them all?"

Old 10-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It was never about belief in creeds and the bible, it was always about faith expressing itself in love.
amen. little children reflects this well imo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity