Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2016, 03:57 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
As sound a theory on the trinity as I've ever heard.
Which isn't saying much.

Old 11-03-2016, 07:53 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
pretty cool there, n..Xuipa. so, there is no "right hand " analog in the OT? no vv missing in the analogy? awesome, ty
well it seems He left a gap and has given it some wiggle room on the right foot and right arm issues because NT has r-arm and r-foot also and old treatment only has right arm . but I think the analogy is still good because like Eve was' taken' from the side of Adam which was probably not just a rib > but the whole side spiritually > emotionally and then also physically his side.. Jesus is said to be the right side of the Father.
so that may include the voice( the word ) and the right arm maybe the hip or leg .

so the person who doesn't have say a right arm and the poor thing used his right leg and so has to saw off his right hip or leg too or some spot around there will still get the whole point to the trail /correction and all the nuances in the meaning of the lesson , don't you think ? I guess the largest majority will have a right eye though because it is clearly stated in both old and new testament . but yes there is some wiggle room on the right foot or right arm issue because the Son is the right side of the Father , usually translated arm I believe as our understanding of authority is inferred with that word 'arm' but that is our problem . Thus eve will prove to be as real as Jesus is...
but truly having to saw off any part or eye is going to convey a clear enough message of a literal message .
so I think about the time the poor things are sawing off their parts because they spiritualize the book and spiritualized God and spiritualized the spirit so that they don't think that have to really deal with any of them ...that everyone will understand there is a literal God with a literal word and that literal word was clear as glass but it is not as breakable as they had hoped and no specials codes were needed and that they always had a literal choice to make and they made their choices .

I mean it is here, Europe is making these choices right now . and some jobs here are making their employees do biometrics now. so the choice is literal and his word literal . and the analogy is valid and as real as He is and about to get a whole lot more "real" for everyone .

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 11-03-2016 at 08:29 AM..

Old 11-03-2016, 03:28 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
I said that wrong

old testament has 2 body parts which will need to be cut off , the right eye and or the arm
new testament has 3 parts , the right eye and or right arm and or one location has the right foot also .

so there is a tiny bit more to that analogy . but I still think this points to the truths and just can't be missed by anyone . because it is all truth and it is what sin cost God and what God has paid to not have to be anyone baby sitter or an overbearing manipulator either because he is incapable of being that kind of sinner anyway..

and really I have to say that I don't think that God really set this part up to teach men anything. not that he won't use something satan sets up or temps men by to teach us wisdom . But Satan is the copy cat. since God already did it because he loves and is lawful and only he is good..
Satan knew men were cowards and not good either and many many would not do what God did for God's sake and neither would they do what God has done for their own salvation either . so I suspect satan is the author and the one driving all men and woman to the place they will have to choose even the possibility of salvation at the cost of they body parts. God is not pushing man to the point of a knife, satan is. hsatan knows most won't do it anyway .

Old 11-04-2016, 09:39 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,924,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
which isn't saying much.
Exactly!

Old 11-04-2016, 12:04 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
People make this more difficult than what it is.

Jehovah,one God.

Jesus,God's first creation out of everything.
Made before angels,humans,etc.
That is how Jesus can be God's son.
He was a spirit creature before being born,and when he died he went back to heaven to be with God.

Holy Spirit is God's active force..not a person.
memorized and perfected---I knew a student who could do the same with all the presidents..the only catch was he has to start with Washington every time. He could never do it in his own words or discuss it in spontaneous conversation.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:11 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,414 times
isn't that trippy? when it is only in your head, you have to start from the beginning, and essentially "do it all over again" every time you wanna get to the part you want to remember. huh. Like the line to a song that comes into your head, and you can sing the rest from there; but you can't remember the line right before. Hmm.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:34 PM

134 posts, read 59,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Jesus - being not from Adam - is not included in the criteria. He existed before He came to earth. He is the fullness of deity. He was not a mortal man.
What you say is mostly true BUT Jesus became a mortal man to die on the cross.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:39 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daingerfield View Post
What you say is mostly true BUT Jesus became a mortal man to die on the cross.
If he was not a mortal man, rather divine, then he could not die. God cannot die.

He was a man and "he" not a nature or a body, died.

Old 11-07-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The word 'trinity', from the Latin 'trinitas' simply refers to a group of three closely related persons or things. While the word Trinity is not found in the Bible, the concept that God is a Triune Being certainly is. For instance, John 1:1 shows two Persons of the Trinity; the Father, and the Word which is the pre-incarnate Jesus. The Holy Spirit is called God in Acts 5:3-4. The term 'Trinity' simply means that the three Persons; the Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit comprise one God.

The Father, the Word, and the Holy Spirit are each clearly called God. The three are distinct Persons within the Trinity. The fact that the pre-incarnate Word is distinct from the Father is clear in John 1:1, while the fact that the Holy Spirit is distinct from the Father is clear in Romans 8:26-27 where it is said that the Father (He) knows the mind of the Spirit, and also that the Spirit intercedes for the saints. Two things are stated here. That the Holy Spirit has a mind which the Father knows, and that the Holy Spirit intercedes for the saints. The fact that the Holy Spirit is said to have a mind which the Father knows establishes His Personhood and that He is distinct from the Father. He intercedes with the Father on behalf of the Saints. That the Holy Spirit is distinct from the pre-incarnate Word (Jesus in His humanity) is made clear in John 15:26 and 16:13-15.

Jesus is the Person of the Trinity that did the actual work of creation as is stated in John 1:3, Colossians 1:16, and Hebrews 1:10. Note also that in Hebrews 1:5-13 God the Father is addressing the Son and calling Him God, and stating that it is the Son who laid the foundation of the earth, and that the heavens are the works of His (the Son's) hands. Hebrews 1:10-12 is quoting Psalm 102:25-27 in which the Psalmist is praising God. The writer of Hebrews in quoting those verses has the Father speaking those words to the Son, which means that the writer of Hebrews understood Jesus to be God.

As for Exodus 33:20 ''No man can see Me (God) and live,'' God told Moses that he couldn't see His face, but He did allow Moses to in some sense experience His glory by having Moses stand in the cleft of a rock, and covering him as He passed by.

However, God did also appear in human form in the Old Testament, such as when He appeared to Abraham as in Genesis 18. Three 'men' came to Abraham. Two of them were angels, but one of them was God Himself in human form. Since no man has seen the Father, this could only have been a Christophany, a pre-incarnate appearance of Jesus.

The fact that the one true God exists as three 'Persons' is brought out by comparing all the pertinent passages in which while God is said to be one, yet the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit are all said to be God. The technical term 'Trinity' which was eventually coined, simply recognizes this fact.
Trinity is an ancient pagan concept perpetuated by greek philosophers in the 300+ ad starting with Nicea council of RCC. It wrongly divides the word of truth, & creates confusion.

Old 11-07-2016, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The podcast is still available to watch through Nov. 7th, but apparently you have to give your name and email to receive information on how to access it, which I don't want to do. But I think I'll order the book.

But yes, perichoresis, the divine dance is an ancient doctrine which views the Trinity as the mutual interpenetration or indwelling of each of the three Persons of the Trinity with each other to the extent that the three Persons do not have separate existence, but are one Being. And if you stop and think about it, the fact that God is love means that God has had to have something to love. Before anything was created, there was only God, and so each Person of the Trinity directed His love toward the other two Persons of the Godhead.
If the 3 persons are not separate, then they no longer conform to the definition of the Trinity which isn't real anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity