Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 07:07 PM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
Follow the good parts of atheist, christian, buddhism, hindu, tao, and many others. All of the good parts are the same thing. Human spirit, spirit of the wolf, chi, and holy spirit are all the same thing.

just remember, if it moves, there was a force (F=ma) applied. There is no magic. The recent discoveries now point to "something" as a more rational belief than "lack belief in anything".

stay away from literal anything, If any belief (or lack of belief) tells you "faith" before "commonsense" run away.
Word.

Ya you don't have to swallow.
You could check out the NA's @ Standing Rock.
They had a "forgiving ceremony," i put it up from YT...oh no, i got it here, @ "Jesus talks to Indians," and put it up...everywhere else lol. Guess i should say Forgiving Ceremony, since i have no clue what forgiveness is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2016, 07:33 PM

2,826 posts, read 2,368,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunD1987 View Post
I assume I identify as a Roman Catholic. In my younger years of life seldomly attended Church with family; one holiday mass every year or so & funerals. Most of my Catholic experience came from school. I attended Catholic school from Kindergarten to 12th grade, about 13 to 14 years of my life. That's where I explored my Catholic life attending masses, prayers, confessions, and so forth. After finishing high school can look at it as the ropes were untied from the dock and the ship was set adrift.

I dabbled here and there with Catholicism. At one point during a difficult time considered the Vocation of Priesthood. I have difficulty understanding the Doctrine of the Church.

I don't know if it's the reason that pulls me away or makes it difficult for me to continue my commit to the Church. I commit myself to God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Go off on a tangent and promise to return to original question. I am debating if Roman Catholicism is for me. Feel abandoning God if I seek out other Christian Denominations.

Back to the topic. I have difficulty accepting stance on Honsexuality. I want to love others as God loves us all. I can't understand why many Catholics feel because it's in the Bible that God does not want those who like the same gender in the Church. It feels it's individuals interpreting God's word to their own.

I can't promise that I can commit to Church every Sunday or Saturday evening. I would do my best, but I rather be less in Church..instead rather be with the members enabling the life of Christmas helping others through volunteer work in the community.

Interacting with wonderful individuals of Roman Catholics had a discussion about forgiveness. They believe God does not forgive everything. However, I feel that God will forgive all if you ask and open your heart to God. I feel if Judah asked for forgiveness God would of welcomed one of God's children back.

I don't agree with various sins by the Church such as intimate relationships prior to marriage.

I like to explore other religions like Buddhism feel it complements my Catholic Faith.

I am seeking direction. I feel I am a sheep with a Sheppard watching over me but no flock. I want to look for a flock; Unsure if Roman Catholicism is for me or another Denomination of Christianity?

I appreciate any response or spiritual advice can give.
As someone who is a priest's kid, I would recommend Episcopal Church. It has the basic formalized trappings in common with Roman Catholicism (similar ritual style), but without some of the rigidity. That is, it is sort of between Catholic and Protestant.

Side By Side Comparison Lens

Also, Episcopalians are extremely diverse in their churches, ranging from simple to almost as grand as Catholic churches. Basically, they run a gamut of both beliefs and general image, but tend to be somewhere between the two major traditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity