Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should The Church Get Rid Of Priests?
Yes, the church should be like before 3 18.75%
No, the hierarchy is important 5 31.25%
Maybe, something else 2 12.50%
I'm not in favor of the church itself 6 37.50%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:47 AM

3,348 posts, read 1,638,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Not talents, spiritual gifts.
they are synonymous, Eponymous. We even have parables that say TALENTS ok, ok. Please don't get me started, ty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2016, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
With all due respect, Nate, I disagree. The Apostles did have a position of authority over everyone else who served in any position. Nobody just decided to be the leader of a congregation (i.e. a bishop). The Apostles appointed these individuals and chose them as they were inspired to do. The individual congregations were autonomous only up to a point. That is why we have so much of the New Testament as directions from the Twelve to the various congregations. The fact that this structure did not remain in place for very long appears to have contributed significantly to the fact that it didn't take long before Christianity was as fractured as Paul prophesied it would end up being.
they were equal brithers tho imo, even if deserving of a double helping. that does not mean "superior to." if they have a position of authority over your church, then...all kinds of problems arise. Wadr.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I think if you check, "appointed" is not really a good word. They had the local congregations elect their elders. And I would say that "directions" is also misleading, "advice" would be better.
ya, Kings like giving directions, don't they.

Old 11-04-2016, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Thanks for your input, Mystic. I knew you wouldn't disappoint me.
ya, ty, me neither.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:00 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbyrd009 View Post
they were equal brithers tho imo, even if deserving of a double helping. that does not mean "superior to."
I'd say it all depends upon what you mean by "superior to." I don't believe any one individual is "superior to" another in terms of his worth in God's eyes, but I do believe that God has, throughout history, called upon certain individuals to hold leadership positions. (Of course, not everyone who holds a leadership position has been called of God, as some are clearly self-appointed.)

Quote:
if they have a position of authority over your church, then...all kinds of problems arise.
Clearly, without them, even more problems arise, just as Paul said would be the case.

Old 11-04-2016, 11:47 AM

well, we might be agreeing in raised voices, not sure. Strikes me as the diff in respecting someone for their superior Wisdom and having an earthly priest.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:44 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
...agreeing in raised voices...
I've never heard the concept put quite that way before, but I like it.

Old 11-05-2016, 09:26 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
There is only the priest.

Who isn't a Priest?

It should be obvious because a priest stands between God and man and that be YOU. YOU decide, and whatever you decide to do, you have done by 3.

What 3?

A Prophet will speak in his vanity and the fallen spirit will testify in men as water and as spirit, and there you are deciding between the two. Between the flesh and a fallen spirit and OF COURSE IT IS A FALLEN SPIRIT. Does anyone assume they can commit misdeeds of the flesh without the spirit? What you do, you do by 3 and all 3 are fallen, fallen.

WHAT SAYS THE SOUL?

The right eye sees what it wants and the right hand will pet and kiss the left hand until the two are agreed as one, and there you are in the middle as the messenger of the covenant, you ARE a priest of your own body, BUT blessed be anyone who becomes a priest of their own Temple knowing the comings and goings of their own Temple, and who as a priest, looks to the high priest.

''What is this thing they are doing?''

''What is that cup handed to the bride? Is it a good thing or a bad thing?

Who knows the instructions of a bride, of a Temple?

He who is a priest, and he who becomes a Levite will be a king.

Old 11-06-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
There is only the priest.
But gee, Mr Flavius, i already have a priest, Father Confesso Cloister, what about him? He does all that for me, right?

Old 11-06-2016, 12:12 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
But gee, Mr Flavius, i already have a priest, Father Confesso Cloister, what about him? He does all that for me, right?
You are the kingdom of heaven, what does the kingdom look like?

Elijah
Moses
Jesus

Prophet
Priest
King

You became a Temple in 3 sectons and wharever you do, you have agreed to do a thing by 3.

1 John 5.

This is he who came by water and by blood, not by water only(flesh), but by water and by blood and it is the spirit that testifies because the spirit is truth, for there are 3 that bear record in heaven(3 witnesses), the father, the son, and the Holy spirit, and these 3 are 1.

And there are 3 that bear witness in Earth(3 witnesses), the spirit and the water, and the blood and these 3 agree as one.

You sit as a priest who sits in his Temple, and you can decide that Jesus is your high priest, but You can also sit in your temple to stand against everything that is called of God or that is worshipped, PROVING THAT YOU ARE A GOD, AND THAT YOU HAVE ALL THE AUTHORITY TO ALTER OR CHANGE ANY OF THE WORD OF GOD THAT YOU SEE FIT.

You were made in God's image and this is the water, the blood and the spirit which is the kingdom of heaven in the Earth, in you, and you just mirror what the kingdom of God is, you are the kingdom of heaven.

'' And I will give power to my two witnesses.''

When God has awakened the spirit in you, you then begin your 42 months in the water, and when the mind of the flesh is given power, you feel the spirit and you know something has changed and that you are no longer alone, you assume it is the Holy spirit that maybe you could even lay hands on the dead to raise them. The flesh becomes vain, and everyone you speak to is as a man with fire coming out of your mouth, because you are as Elijah in his 42 months against Jezebel and Ahab. You do as Elijah had done and hopefuly you come to the realization that you must die to the vanity of the flesh after God has given the water and the blood power. You are trying to make a transition from a prophet to a priest and the prophet must die. You are trying to crossover from being Elijah to becoming Elisha, or Moses as a priest will stand in the breach between God and man while begging God for mercy for the people instead of calling fire on their heads as a vain prophet, God is not in your fire. You have to crossover by going all the way to death, and you will say, '' I am no prophet.

You have 42 months in the flesh, in the Passover season, and you are trying to crossover into the Tabernacles season where you come up to the day no man knows, and this 42 months can last the rest of your life because there are few who are able to crossover, so few that if even one had done so, we would know his name.

Jesus took exactly 42 months in his first coming of the spring and no matter how long it takes us, we should all be tryjng to pick up where Jesus left off, if we also walk our 42 months to be given power, and then we are able to see the abomination within ourself, that maybe we could crossover to begin walking in the second half of those 7 years. One week appointed to man and each day is named so that we know where we are within our week.

To crossover is what is taking place in Revelation 12, a woman(you) have come up to the middle of your week where the sacrifices have been cut off from the temple, and you are that temple. You are travailing in birth because you have finished your 42 months and now there is a child to be born again(you).

When you are born again, your child is caught up to heaven. Now you sit in heavenly places, and you have began the second half of your week, your 7 years, You are picking up where Jesus left off. The first coming was in the flesh, in the spring, in Passover season, but the second coming is in you, that is, if you are able to crossover, you have come up to the wedding, the consummation, the honeymoon, the wedding banquet, the birth from a consummation as is happening in Revelation 12, all these things being in the Tabernacles season.

To make it all the way to Shemini Atzeret is to have been born again after a consummation, and on Shemini Atzeret, you are circumcised, and now you are free. He who makes it to being a prophet has to die in order to become a priest, he has to be beheaded, but he who becomes a great Priest, becomes a king. A first fruit.

Behold, '' Prepare the way for the coming of the KINGS OF THE EAST.''

LOL.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 11-06-2016 at 12:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity