Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 02:44 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,739 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You are probably right because when I read that no liar or murderer or drunk or adulterer may enter into the kingdom of heaven, what will I do?

Woe is me, my sins are right here in my face so they aint much to say is there?
What you need is a Righteousness which is not your own, the perfect holiness of Jesus Christ credited to you by faith in Him. That alone will cover your sins before a Holy God, and all you need to do is repent from your sin and put your faith in Jesus Christ. Pray you will do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2016, 02:46 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanokh View Post
What you need is a Righteousness which is not your own, the perfect holiness of Jesus Christ credited to you by faith in Him. That alone will cover your sins before a Holy God, and all you need to do is repent from your sin and put your faith in Jesus Christ. Pray you will do that.
So if I have "righteousness" I am good to go and all sins, past, present and future are dismissed!

Old 12-05-2016, 02:50 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Yes, I would put what I am getting at in the same category as that, I think.
All the time...it is that deja Vu when we do something we are sure we have done before...

I mentioned on another thread how one night I heard y a voice saying YOU ARE GOING TO LIKE HOW IT TURNS OUT..actually it was a person in my dream--a co-worker--6 months later--after nearly a year of negotiating I had a 20%raise.

Old 12-05-2016, 03:07 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,023,019 times
Black Christmas trees come for people who like that color , omens are not of the living God through Jesus as these are of the occult and an idol works and are a substitute for God , so they are not part of Christianity .....

Old 12-05-2016, 08:08 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

Two kinds of liars in this world, One comes before God and says,'' Dear Lord, how can you save a liar like me, and you know that I get angry with my brother and so I am a murderer, and you know that I am guilty of sexual immorality because you see me lust, how can you ever forgive a sinner like me?''

The other begins with a lie and says,'' Lord thank you so much that I am not like that liar over there, and thank God that I am a righteous man, I am not a murderer or a person who is guilty of murder or adultery or fornication.''

Before one can be forgiven, he has to accept the truth that he is guilty.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:20 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Oh, I know you are not making light of my thread. Although, I like LIGHT, so I would not be offended if you did make LIGHT of it I've been in a "dark" period, I will just admit that, but hope springs eternal, without hope we would give up on living.
Sorry to hear that but I know that your Heartsong of hope will prevail.

Old 12-05-2016, 08:23 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,739 times
Quote:
Two kinds of liars in this world, One comes before God and says,'' Dear Lord, how can you save a liar like me, and you know that I get angry with my brother and so I am a murderer, and you know that I am guilty of sexual immorality because you see me lust, how can you ever forgive a sinner like me?''

The other begins with a lie and says,'' Lord thank you so much that I am not like that liar over there, and thank God that I am a righteous man, I am not a murderer or a person who is guilty of murder or adultery or fornication.''

Before one can be forgiven, he has to accept the truth that he is guilty.
Yep you are spot on, and didn't you acknowledge that before? If this was sincere, you are close to entering the kingdom and receiving the Spirit since God receives repenting liars that put their trust in His Son Jesus Christ. And when you do, heaven will rejoice my friend, you will see there is hope for you if you come in true repentance to Christ He will wash you clean and grant you His Spirit because that is what He shed His blood for.

Quote:
You are probably right because when I read that no liar or murderer or drunk or adulterer may enter into the kingdom of heaven, what will I do?

Woe is me, my sins are right here in my face so they aint much to say is there?
Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:09 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Sorry to hear that but I know that your Heartsong of hope will prevail.
Thank you, Pleroo - from your mouth to God's ears. You are very kind and I appreciate it so much.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:15 AM

23,165 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Yep you are spot on, and didn't you acknowledge that before? If this was sincere, you are close to entering the kingdom and receiving the Spirit since God receives repenting liars that put their trust in His Son Jesus Christ. And when you do, heaven will rejoice my friend, you will see there is hope for you if you come in true repentance to Christ He will wash you clean and grant you His Spirit because that is what He shed His blood for.

Luke 15:7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
Praise the Lord and thank God for you Chanokh, I think you have finally won me over, I feel saved now, I just realized something very important and you have brought me there, thanks.

Old 12-05-2016, 09:45 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,397,293 times
Quote:
Praise the Lord and thank God for you Chanokh, I think you have finally won me over, I feel saved now, I just realized something very important and you have brought me there, thanks.
Saved from what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity