Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2016, 04:13 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times

Advertisements

The Kingdom of G-d is righteousness, peace and joy. It's a PERSON, and that person is a Spirit. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 08:19 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,786,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
The Kingdom of G-d is righteousness, peace and joy. It's a PERSON, and that person is a Spirit. Peace
In a manner of thinking, yes. The righteous are One but more than one. They are the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of God.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Old 12-06-2016, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So, are you like the wind???
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again ("born from above")
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
To those who are not born from above I am like the wind they do not know where I came from or where I go.

Old 12-06-2016, 09:24 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,729,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
In these verses isn't Jesus saying the kingdom of heaven is here, on earth, not somewhere in the sky?

Matthew 18:4 NRS

" Whoever becomes humble like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Here He is not saying that those who become humble like a child will be greatest in the kingdom of heaven but that they ARE the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 4:17 NRS

From that time Jesus began to proclaim, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven has come near."

Here Jesus is saying the kingdom of heaven has come. In other words, He is the kingdom of heaven along with His followers.

Could it be?
yep just like he grew up Israel in Egypt before taking them out of there a full size nation to take claim to some parts of what was stolen by Egypt ( Mizraim and siblings like Canaanites ) .
I think He will do that again , raise a whole kingdom in a day and march them to his land and claim what is theirs ! then the nations have a choice treaty or die fighting. " valley of decision" .

Old 12-06-2016, 11:25 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
Quote:
To those who are not born from above I am like the wind they do not know where I came from or where I go.

So are you pretending to be God again? Sounds like it. I don't know what causes you to do this, but I think maybe you just can't help it.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:21 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
So are you pretending to be God again? Sounds like it. I don't know what causes you to do this, but I think maybe you just can't help it.

We can imagine and pretend to BE whatever we want, but it is better to think and language the concept of inclusivity. Just call people up higher, inspire them to righteousness, by loving them (...unconditional love is not necessarily being sweet and easy on them) and see what Father will do.

Last edited by Age-enduring; 12-07-2016 at 02:45 AM..

Old 12-07-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
I am not God because the Father is greater than I but I did come down from heaven to do His will.

The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me. He has sent me to proclaim the good news to the poor and release the prisoners to give sight to the blind and heal the brokenhearted to let the captive go free and announce a year of favor from the Lord.

Old 12-07-2016, 02:06 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
In a manner of thinking, yes. The righteous are One but more than one. They are the kingdom of heaven. The kingdom of God.

The kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Agree. That's why the kingdom is at hand = here. Peter declared that G-d made Him Lord and Messiah in Acts 2; meaning we're not waiting on it, it's already been done.

Acts 2:36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

A king most assuredly has a kingdom, Amen? Peace

Old 12-07-2016, 04:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
So, are you like the wind???
That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again ("born from above")
8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.
And remember there are 4 directions to the wind.
Our Lord is speaking of the Kingdom.

Old 12-07-2016, 09:41 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
You cannot reason with delusional people, RainMusic.
Quote:
I am not God because the Father is greater than I but I did come down from heaven to do His will.
The spirit of the Lord is upon me because He has anointed me. He has sent me to proclaim the good news to the poor and release the prisoners to give sight to the blind and heal the brokenhearted to let the captive go free and announce a year of favor from the Lord.
Seek mental help, PG, you really have issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity