Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2017, 03:40 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times

Advertisements

Psalm 84 {To the chief Musician upon Gittith, A Psalm for the sons of Korah.}

How amiable are thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts!

My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God.

Yea, the sparrow hath found an house, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may lay her young, even thine altars, O LORD of hosts, my King, and my God.

Blessed are they that dwell in thy house: they will be still praising thee. Selah.

Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee; in whose heart are the ways of them.

Who passing through the valley of Baca make it a well; the rain also filleth the pools.

They go from strength to strength, every one of them in Zion appeareth before God.

O LORD God of hosts, hear my prayer: give ear, O God of Jacob. Selah.

Behold, O God our shield, and look upon the face of thine anointed.

For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2017, 08:48 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Perhaps some do only want to be jerks, but it is our privilege and joy to answer such criticism with joy, acknowledging that some who claim Christ fail to act as Christ taught and showing how it CAN be and IS done by others.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:01 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,109,824 times
Quote:
Perhaps some do only want to be jerks, but it is our privilege and joy to answer such criticism with joy, acknowledging that some who claim Christ fail to act as Christ taught and showing how it CAN be and IS done by others.
I'm not perfect, and I admit that I don't always "turn the other cheek". That does not make me any less a Christian, however. Even Jesus himself was critical of certain people.

Old 02-09-2017, 10:21 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I'm not perfect, and I admit that I don't always "turn the other cheek". That does not make me any less a Christian, however. Even Jesus himself was critical of certain people.
Perhaps reading about those instances and what prompted them would be worthwhile? And challenging ourselves to see where any of the criticism speaks to a log in our own eye?

Last edited by Pleroo; 02-09-2017 at 10:31 AM..

Old 02-09-2017, 12:04 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Grace:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephesians 3
2Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. 4In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.
7I became a servant of this gospel by the gift of God’s grace given me through the working of his power. 8Although I am less than the least of all the Lord’s people, this grace was given me: to preach to the Gentiles the boundless riches of Christ, 9and to make plain to everyone the administration of this mystery, which for ages past was kept hidden in God, who created all things. 10His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly realms, 11according to his eternal purpose that he accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord. 12In him and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence..
14For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15from whom every family[SIZE=2]a[/SIZE] in heaven and on earth derives its name.(or by whom every family of Man is known) 16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
20Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, 21to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
Amazing isn't it that God loves us and gives us power to live in the love that is now our root?

Old 02-10-2017, 08:57 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,383,953 times
Quote:
Grace: Amazing isn't it that God loves us and gives us power to live in the love that is now our root?

I can't help myself, any time I see one of these Ephesians prayers posted, saying what a huge impact they have had on me (so you've probably heard me say this before, nate). Ephesians is where I got my user name from many years ago, long before I came to this site. I would say these prayers, and even my user name, have been a "means of grace" for me.

Old 02-10-2017, 04:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Ephesians is where I got my user name from many years ago, long before I came to this site. I would say these prayers, and even my user name, have been a "means of grace" for me.
My user name means, more or less, "Raised by the LORD", in Hebrew, "to cross over the river."

Old 02-10-2017, 10:32 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Grace: Amazing isn't it that God loves us and gives us power to live in the love that is now our root?

Old 02-11-2017, 02:23 PM

1,419 posts, read 1,047,480 times
I have to say I've really experienced Gods grace in my life lately, what an amazing Saviour do we have and serve in the Lord Jesus Christ. Nothing in this world can compete with Him that is for certain. Blessed sunday all and may Christ truly dwell in your hearts to cleanse you from sin and mould you after His image!

Old 02-11-2017, 02:41 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
My user name means, more or less, "Raised by the LORD", in Hebrew, "to cross over the river."
Eh????...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity