Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2017, 08:17 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorInSpirit View Post
Thank you for sharing; but like the Jews that have trouble seeing scripture testifying to the plurality in our One God, sinners still need the Father's help to reveal His Son to them to see the Truth so that the Son/Truth may set them free.

Prayers are needed for those that do not understand the Triune God.
That is just insulting...Telling us Jews that we do not understand our own Scriptures...In our own language...YOU rely on translations that may or may not be accurate...We read it in the original language with all its nuances and senses...This is what is lost in the English translation...We know for a fact what Elohim means, you don't...We know for a fact what the Hebrew Scriptures are talking about, you don't...Why don't you try telling Hindus what there Scriptures really mean?...I mean, set them straight...What is a sinner?...Someone who deliberately does wrong when he knows what's right...Zacharias and Elisabeth were righteous and followed ALL of G-d's commands, pretty obvious that they did not need Jesus...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
I trust the Lord to impart wisdom and help me understand His words; whereas you are admitting that you do not.
Nope...You are understanding His words as YOU wish to understand them...I understand them as they are written...And I am not admitting that I don't...Nice try...

Old 01-05-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:

Since you are not a believer, it does make me wonder why you are posting in here at all since you claim to have made up your mind about Jesus Christ to not believe in Him?
I am a believer...A believer in HaShem...

Unlike you, I've done the work and concluded that what was written in your NT is fabricated...You just do not want to do the work...This is why you keep parroting what others have said...

Quote:
If you are hurting inside because you want to believe in Him, but cannot believe, then ask the Father to reveal His Son to you. I and others shall pray for you too.
Oh, you really have no clue where I came from on this journey, so please, stop assuming you understand me...You really don't...

Old 01-05-2017, 08:51 AM

1,100 posts, read 795,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I am a believer...A believer in HaShem...

Unlike you, I've done the work and concluded that what was written in your NT is fabricated...You just do not want to do the work...This is why you keep parroting what others have said...

Oh, you really have no clue where I came from on this journey, so please, stop assuming you understand me...You really don't...
If you think about your standard of judgment, then how can I not say the same thing?

There is only one way to God and that is Jesus Christ.

You say otherwise.

I say Jesus is the right way.

You say otherwise.

The difference here is that you are engaging in a christian forum and denying the truth in Him for which by cause and effect, I am saying you do not have His wisdom to understand; otherwise you would believe in Him if you did.

So where is your forum for HaShem? Why are you not there posting positive things rather than in here having your insulting posts deleted? Because there is nothing positive in HaShem to teach others by?

I shall still pray for you and hope other believers in Christ do too, that you may know the joy of our salvation in Christ Jesus.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:19 AM

692 posts, read 375,194 times
[quote=PoorInSpirit;46712893]Let the scripture lay out how the Three Persons in the One God relate to each other.

[quote] Since One Person is called the Father and the Other a Son, then there is an authority in that Triune God. The Son is submissive to the Father even though the Son is God too. Since His ascension, all power has been given to the Son ( Matthew 28:18 ) so that when the Son petitions the Father in interceding on our behalf ( 1 Timothy 2:5 & Hebrews 7:25 ), and giving the unspeakable intercessions of the indwelling Holy Spirit to the Father ( Romans 8:26-27 KJV ), when the Father says "Yes" to any petition, the Son answers the prayer ( John 14:13-14 ) so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

So believers should be clear about using the term co-equal as each is God of the Triune God, BUT there is an authority within that Triune God as the Son is submissive to the Father; hence Son to Father relationship; and the Holy Spirit as a Witness should serve as Whomsoever He is being the Spirit of; which presently at this time; is the Spirit of Christ; the Son of God Whom is serving the Father's will.[quote]

RESPONSE: Then what you admit is that the "three persons" of the Trinity are not co-equal. Hence they are separate "Gods" or "persons" which can be differentiated.

In short, you are claiming three Gods.

Old 01-05-2017, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotles child View Post
Quote:
Let the scripture lay out how the Three Persons in the One God relate to each other.

Since One Person is called the Father and the Other a Son, then there is an authority in that Triune God. The Son is submissive to the Father even though the Son is God too. Since His ascension, all power has been given to the Son ( Matthew 28:18 ) so that when the Son petitions the Father in interceding on our behalf ( 1 Timothy 2:5 & Hebrews 7:25 ), and giving the unspeakable intercessions of the indwelling Holy Spirit to the Father ( Romans 8:26-27 KJV ), when the Father says "Yes" to any petition, the Son answers the prayer ( John 14:13-14 ) so that the Father may be glorified in the Son for answered prayers.

So believers should be clear about using the term co-equal as each is God of the Triune God, BUT there is an authority within that Triune God as the Son is submissive to the Father; hence Son to Father relationship; and the Holy Spirit as a Witness should serve as Whomsoever He is being the Spirit of; which presently at this time; is the Spirit of Christ; the Son of God Whom is serving the Father's will.
RESPONSE: Then what you admit is that the "three persons" of the Trinity are not co-equal. Hence they are separate "Gods" or "persons" which can be differentiated.
Nope.

There are Three Persons in the One God. Each of the Three Persons are a Person of the One God.

Isaiah 55:6 Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:7 Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord.9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Just because there is a range of authority within the One God as spread out among the Three Persons, that does not mean they operate as Three Gods but are in "coexistence" as the One God.

Three Gods would suggest a will of each own, but it is the Father's will to be done and no other; therefore they coexists as the One God and are indeed One God, because there is no division in His will.

Old 01-05-2017, 10:08 AM

692 posts, read 375,194 times
[quote=PoorInSpirit;46721971]Nope.

Quote:
Just because there is a range of authority within the One God as spread out among the Three Persons, that does not mean they operate as Three Gods but are in "coexistence" as the One God.
RESPONSE: That's not logical. If they can be differentiated, they are not the same.

Quote:
Three Gods would suggest a will of each own, but it is the Father's will to be done and no other; therefore they coexists as the One God and are indeed One God, because there is no division in His will.
RESPONSE:

1. No. The traditional terms describing Trinity are "coequal, coeternal, and consubstantial."

2. If something "coexists," by definition, it has the same existence (sameness), or else it is different and does not have coexistence but separate existences.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:31 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Only but one entity that I'm aware of doesn't consider the New World Translation "an altered translation -- cannot be trusted. Altered to mislead" for obvious reasons.

The NWT corrected the translating errors. Like in the ot--The Hebrew scholars say--I am that I am is 100% error--I will be what I will be is correct--another truth that blows trinity teachings out of the water.
Along with--Elohim--the HEBREW translating rule = never plural when used for the true living God.
Trinities teach the opposite on both counts. The problem is they know 100% they are lying about both those things I shared.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 PM

[quote=Aristotles child;46722377]
Quote:
Nope.

RESPONSE: That's not logical. If they can be differentiated, they are not the same.

RESPONSE:

1. No. The traditional terms describing Trinity are "coequal, coeternal, and consubstantial."

2. If something "coexists," by definition, it has the same existence (sameness), or else it is different and does not have coexistence but separate existences.
Errant traditions also includes worshipping the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son by the Nicene creed, but that is not Biblical in practice either; and even that is hard for saved believers to understand.

How can the Son call the Father, Father, unless that Person has the authority to be called the Father? Does Father indicate an authority over the Son or not?

Then when Jesus says the Father & I are One... what does that mean? Take note of Jesus's words and those that tried to kill Him.

John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.30 I and my Father are one.31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?37If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.39 Therefore they sought again to take him: but he escaped out of their hand,

I reckon only the Lord can help you understand that. The Jews understood what Jesus was saying that He is a Person of the One God. I cannot convince you. So may God cause the increase.

Old 01-05-2017, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
The NWT corrected the translating errors. Like in the ot--The Hebrew scholars say--I am that I am is 100% error--I will be what I will be is correct--another truth that blows trinity teachings out of the water.
Along with--Elohim--the HEBREW translating rule = never plural when used for the true living God.
Trinities teach the opposite on both counts. The problem is they know 100% they are lying about both those things I shared.
Explain the NWT of Genesis 1:26-27 where God asks in the plural sense for the creation of man, but yet when God performed the act of creating man, He did so in the singular sense.

Quote:
26 Then God said: “Let us+ make man in our image,+ according to our likeness,+ and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every creeping animal that is moving on the earth.”+ 27 And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.+
NWT
If errors in translation have been corrected, then explain the plurality of the One God in verse 26 when asking to create man in their image?

You cannot say that anyone else was involved, because only God created man in verse 27.

So Who was God talking to in verse 26 in creating man in their image if only God created man in His image?

Since man has to have two or three witnesses to establish a word or a testimony, does that not mirror what the Triune God did in creation in establishing the creation of man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity