Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 06:48 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The space between the eyes and ears, though seeing they do not see, though hearing they do not understand.
Look toward hope. Do not look left or right.

Patience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 06:50 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
The space between the eyes and ears, though seeing they do not see, though hearing they do not understand.
Sounds like the rich man.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:09 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,891,472 times
The chasm in this story means that a person cannot teach others how to be saved by using words. The old reasoning doesn't really work. The person in torment (old creature) wishes to tell the religious people their errors, but they have to learn for themselves. You can't teach wisdom, and the new creature inside of him understands this and knows that he cannot teach anything. He must let the person find their way on their own. They will not believe even if they see a person changed and reborn.

If you think that you can change by responding to a simple message or by witnessing another person's change (rising from death), then you have not truly been reborn.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,407,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
More like the religious-man.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:23 PM

20,444 posts, read 12,821,585 times
Quote:
What does the chasm represent?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
More like the religious-man.
That's an interesting take. One I doubt, but interesting nonetheless.

Old 01-24-2017, 07:39 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,820,219 times
If one were to take the first step of trust.

Old 01-25-2017, 03:23 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
The chasm in this story means that a person cannot teach others how to be saved by using words. The old reasoning doesn't really work. The person in torment (old creature) wishes to tell the religious people their errors, but they have to learn for themselves. You can't teach wisdom, and the new creature inside of him understands this and knows that he cannot teach anything. He must let the person find their way on their own. They will not believe even if they see a person changed and reborn.

If you think that you can change by responding to a simple message or by witnessing another person's change (rising from death), then you have not truly been reborn.
This is true and all. But we have to keep ourselves rooted in what is real too. You can "raise a spiritually dead person". You cannot raise a "physically dead person."

You can change some brains, only if that brain's state can allow it. Some people can't understand. They can't because of emotional or physical reasons. They are not to be judged either way.

Old 01-25-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
This is true and all. But we have to keep ourselves rooted in what is real too. You can "raise a spiritually dead person". You cannot raise a "physically dead person."

You can change some brains, only if that brain's state can allow it. Some people can't understand. They can't because of emotional or physical reasons. They are not to be judged either way.
I agree. Even if I were to follow the message of Jesus, it would mean that I should not be trying to reach anyone with any sort of verbal message. Which is exactly what I've been trying to do of course.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:26 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,614,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
I agree. Even if I were to follow the message of Jesus, it would mean that I should not be trying to reach anyone with any sort of verbal message. Which is exactly what I've been trying to do of course.
yup. I think verbal is a component of our communication. You are most certainly correct in stating its not the only part. In fact, we often reach a point when we are limited in explaining what is understood with words. Thats why you will here me say people that do understand close the gap in minutes. For example, People that have lost the fear of religion can get on the same page in an instant. That's "lost the fear". There is a process to lose that fear. Unfortunately for most of us it a catastrophic brain failure, then reboot.

Once the password is typed in, the water, the boats, even yonder shore are gone.

Its so funny, we need to wink.

we even wink when we don't agree because of the nature of the beast (not religion here, but reality) is understood. there is no malice because the intentions are the same.

Old 01-25-2017, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arach Angle View Post
yup. I think verbal is a component of our communication. You are most certainly correct in stating its not the only part. In fact, we often reach a point when we are limited in explaining what is understood with words. Thats why you will here me say people that do understand close the gap in minutes. For example, People that have lost the fear of religion can get on the same page in an instant. That's "lost the fear". There is a process to lose that fear. Unfortunately for most of us it a catastrophic brain failure, then reboot.

Once the password is typed in, the water, the boats, even yonder shore are gone.

Its so funny, we need to wink.

we even wink when we don't agree because of the nature of the beast (not religion here, but reality) is understood. there is no malice because the intentions are the same.
It's really all about what you said, start with the person in the mirror. That's the best idea and best approach. If I did that myself I would feel no need to even come to these forums.

And I feel like I'm trying to reach the religious people here, the people who are the most opposed to that idea and approach, because their entire faith is about spreading a verbal message using logic and reasoning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity